The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Reverse Installation of BFG Tires (Info)

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
I contacted BF Goodrich to make sure that the tread on their All Terrain T/A KO2 is NOT ‘directional’, so that I could have them mounted with the white lettering side facing inward. Here is part of the reply I received:

“Hello, Bill. Thank you for contacting Consumer Care. My name is Ian. I have reviewed your case # 04071879.
the All-Terrain T/A KO2 in all sizes has a symmetrical tread pattern... You can mount them with the white lettering facing inward. I would make a point of writing down the full 13-digit DOT code beforehand as it is only molded on one side - the side with the white lettering.”

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Was there a reason that prompted you to think it was directional?

I don't think I know of a A/T tire that is directional, and many (most?) now come with 2 sidewall options.

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@IG_in_AZ did you lift yours with the Eibach springs, or just bigger tires? Any rubbing or other issues? Looks awesome BTW.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Was there a reason that prompted you to think it was directional?
I once had Mud-tires on my Defender (Goodyear I think) that WERE ’directional’, but they did have wording to the effect “This Side Out” moulded into the appropriate side-wall.

In the case of the OEM BFGs on the Grenadier, I just wanted to be sure before I had them remounted (following a paint job on the wheels).

Back
Top Bottom