The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

reverse camera at night

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
No kisses.

I wonder how uv stable their product is and if they have the correct threaded screws at the correct length…… ours has an estimated lifespan of 15-20 years. So I’m told ;)

Anyway.

Kudos to a business that is making products for the Grenadier. Any exposure is good if this platform is to survive. It’s like the stuff on Ali express and eBay(I’m talking about the front bumper checker plates for starters) they look great but don’t quite fit, don’t waste your cash. Side vent cover plates another example of a good idea with poor engineering design. It can’t possibly provide enough volumetric air flow for this engine. Anyway I’ll do a video about this stuff really soon.

Stand by for the light shrouds going live next week…..

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score
No kisses.

I wonder how uv stable their product is and if they have the correct threaded screws at the correct length…… ours has an estimated lifespan of 15-20 years. So I’m told ;)

Anyway.

Kudos to a business that is making products for the Grenadier. Any exposure is good if this platform is to survive. It’s like the stuff on Ali express and eBay(I’m talking about the front bumper checker plates for starters) they look great but don’t quite fit, don’t waste your cash. Side vent cover plates another example of a good idea with poor engineering design. It can’t possibly provide enough volumetric air flow for this engine. Anyway I’ll do a video about this stuff really soon.

Stand by for the light shrouds going live next week…..
Buggers eh stu, but im waiting for the pro ones from you!

MunichMax

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
I‘ll ask, if my friend will send me the file.

BTW: BenTN Someone used your pics…

Not me... I just offered it here in this thread...
But hey, the offer is cheaper than me. There will always be someone who does it for less ^^

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Not me... I just offered it here in this thread...
But hey, the offer is cheaper than me. There will always be someone who does it for less ^^
It’s all good. As I mentioned before more options and personalization for this vehicle is great. Hopefully people will come up with some other ideas for the Grenadier and keep the ball rolling. I can’t wait to see what’s around the corner.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Ha! Well that didn't take long.

Yeah those are pics from my driveway. And that's definitely my design for sale there. Nice.

I hope people wait a week or so and order these through the forum store instead. I expect Stu_Barnes to have them available for purchase there soon. The first batch of product is on the way to him and includes the proper stainless steel screws. Buying them through the forum store helps support the forum.
Where will I find the “Forum Store”?

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi folks,

my version of the shrouds based on BenTN s work and idea...
I don't yet have any pictures in the dark, will make some when it's dark.

My friend a I have some more design ideas. If the final parts are here, I'll post again.

IMG_1709.jpg
IMG_2025.JPGIMG_2026.JPGIMG_2027.JPG

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just did a little turn around the block...
IMG_2035.JPG

And this ist the final design...
My friend will print them over the weekend...

image001.png

Has anyone an idea what exact screws will be needed? I think about 5mm longer than the original.

BenTN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:39 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone an idea what exact screws will be needed? I think about 5mm longer than the original.

Took me a little while to find them in the U.S., but you are looking for:

M4x20mm Plastite (or equiv plastic thread forming) screw with 1.79mm thread pitch, T-20 torx drive in Round Head washer style.
They are available in various material/treatment options. The forum is packaging the shrouds with Stainless Steel screws.

Getting this exact screw will help guarantee that the new screw doesn't form new threads in the plastic bumper structure and weaken the connection. There are other screws that will probably work OK.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here is the view with the darkest headlight tint I could find, one layer on each light. You can still see the lights, but the blinding glare is gone and overall light transmission is way down.

IMG_6402.jpeg

Reactions: PBD

MunichMax

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s all good. As I mentioned before more options and personalization for this vehicle is great. Hopefully people will come up with some other ideas for the Grenadier and keep the ball rolling. I can’t wait to see what’s around the corner.
:) Yes! In my eyes that was the Idea of the grenadier. Building a great car which anybody can customize to their needs...

For the forum members who reached out to me, I printed and shipped a first batch :)
Have fun with it!

Attachments

• Grenadier-Blendschutz-Rueckfahrkammera.jpg
    Grenadier-Blendschutz-Rueckfahrkammera.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Grenadier-Blendschutz-Rueckfahrkammera.jpg
    Grenadier-Blendschutz-Rueckfahrkammera.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 31

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi MunichMax,

How do I order your Blendschutz?

Greetings.

Reactions: PBD

MunichMax

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For anybody in Germany who wants to have a pair of these as well, I can offer a printing it.
I just print the 3D file Data and send the printed items. No warranty, no refund, no ...
I am not a professional 3D Printing Service!
Its just a helpful gesture to help other forum members who do not have a 3D printer on their own.
It's 27,00 € for a pair incl. 4 longer screws incl. shipping with DHL Tracking. I just ship to Germany!

If you want to have some and fine with what I stated above, send me a PM! :)
See here :)

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score

Ok, there are now available as a kit with the correct screws in the forum store.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:39 PM
Reaction score

Ok, there are now available as a kit with the correct screws in the forum store.
Ordered! Thank you, Ben and Stu!

BenTN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I collected user names (~44) of forum members that indicated interest in these Light Shrouds (see link above) in a couple different threads. I am tagging you here so that you see that they are now available for purchase through the forum store. Click the link above from Stu's post.

Jiman01, CJV, Colorado, @[ Adam ], grnamin, Kb6tho, Got Coffee?, IG_LA, Clark Kent, AMD66, muxmax, JohnHeagney, Karli, Arkaig
IGL, crashnburn, Joergchm, FlyersFan76, bemax, Mitchell300, grenexplorer, RobS, AFdude412, Znarfgh, roadfever, Jeremy996, angstorms
rovie, Chadd7, 255/85, Khalfan323, ADVAW8S, beanohallett, TXJOHN, TWExplor, anand
Tanters, ChoppaMC, Catpaw4x4, SonnyC, Paul Cooper, Ovrland Bill, Elijah, Drausch1976

Kits are in stock ready to ship, with more on the way.

We've sent a few samples out to members to test them and everyone has reported excellent results, with all light blocked from reaching the reverse camera. Lighting is adequate with both narrow North American style license plates and wide Euro style number plates. The screws included in the kit (4 plus a couple extra are included) were selected to exactly match the OEM light mount screws, but a bit longer and Stainless Steel. Installation is super simple, with only a T-20 torx driver required.

This is the first forum-generated product being offered to forum members. Buying this kit at the link above helps support the forum and will pave the way for future grassroots products developed right here to help Grenadier owners. I love the collaborative spirit of this forum.

DM me with ideas if you want to suggest something you think should be next on the list!

Last edited:

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I collected user names (~44) of forum members that indicated interest in these Light Shrouds (see link above) in a couple different threads. I am tagging you here so that you see that they are now available for purchase through the forum store. Click the link above from Stu's post.

Jiman01, CJV, Colorado, @[ Adam ], grnamin, Kb6tho, Got Coffee?, IG_LA, Clark Kent, AMD66, muxmax, JohnHeagney, Karli, Arkaig
IGL, crashnburn, @Jeorgchm, FlyersFan76, bemax, Mitchell300, grenexplorer, RobS, AFdude412, Znarfgh, roadfever, Jeremy996, angstorms
rovie, Chadd7, 255/85, Khalfan323, ADVAW8S, beanohallett, TXJOHN, TWExplor, anand
@Tenders, ChoppaMC, Catpaw4x4, SonnyC, Paul Cooper, Ovrland Bill, Elijah, Drausch1976

We've sent a few samples out to members to test them and everyone has reported excellent results, with all light blocked from reaching the reverse camera. Lighting is adequate with both narrow North American style license plates and wide Euro style number plates. The screws included in the kit (4 plus a couple extra are included) were selected to exactly match the OEM light mount screws, but a bit longer and Stainless Steel. Installation is super simple, with only a T-20 torx driver required.

This is the first forum-generated product being offered to forum members. Buying this kit at the link above helps support the forum and will pave the way for future grassroots products developed right here to help Grenadier owners. I love the collaborative spirit of this forum.

DM me with ideas if you want to suggest something you think should be next on the list!
Not on the list of interest. But interested enough I have ordered, lol. Thanks for the development of this upgrade.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

IGL, crashnburn, Joergchm, FlyersFan76, bemax, Mitchell300, grenexplorer, RobS, AFdude412, Znarfgh, roadfever, Jeremy996, angstorms
Tanters, ChoppaMC, Catpaw4x4, SonnyC, Paul Cooper, Ovrland Bill, Elijah, Drausch1976

Ordered 2 and then Stu asked to limit to 2. :)

Back
Top Bottom