The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Retrofit of "exterior utility belt"

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
That L track, or the ones from VanEssentials, will need to be cut to length and drilled appropriately. Not everyone is that handy with a piece of metal. Since I am, I was able to cut to length from both ends of the 48"er to line up most of the rail holes with the vehicle's. It was a bit tricky.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That L track, or the ones from VanEssentials, will need to be cut to length and drilled appropriately. Not everyone is that handy with a piece of metal. Since I am, I was able to cut to length from both ends of the 48"er to line up most of the rail holes with the vehicle's. It was a bit tricky.
Yes.
You have to measure the hole spacing VERY carefully, keep in mind that the openings in an L-track are on the 2" pattern (which INEOS follows), use 1/4" drill bit (to allow a bit of a wiggle room for 6-mm, 25mm-long, cone head Allen screws), and 5/8" 82-degree countersink bit to make room for the screw heads (or 90-degree, depending on the screws you have).
Also remember that if/since you don't have INEOS endpieces, you have to cut the L-track to the end of the opening in the plastic insert - these cuts will not align with the L-track hole pattern.

Grenji

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
Here is the quote I received a few weeks ago from my local dealer. I opted that it was not worth it and this thread has been great for other solutions.
Rear Utility rails X2 with screws $699.00, installation extra all are plus tax.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
Had anybody found a source for the very narrow L track who will ship to Europe?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I had my dealer order the utility belts as a spare part for me. Not cheap, but you got to do what you got to go...

Claude

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
at my first annual inspection, I had my dealer install the left and right large section of the utility belts, as I did not order these initially; not exactly cheap (about 500€ for both)

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here is the quote I received a few weeks ago from my local dealer. I opted that it was not worth it and this thread has been great for other solutions.
Rear Utility rails X2 with screws $699.00, installation extra all are plus tax.
Well... I guess the dealers must make their money somewhere, but this is insane. The rails themselves are less than a hundred, nothing particularly special about the screws, etc.

Back
Top Bottom