The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Retrofit of "exterior utility belt"

motolatte

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Ineos will be selling this as an accessory or up-fit for the people that ordered a vehicle with the bump stop? Any rumors, etc.?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Ineos will be selling this as an accessory or up-fit for the people that ordered a vehicle with the bump stop? Any rumors, etc.?
I presume you can just order from dealer as a spare part. If one was damaged a dealer would be able to order a replacement. Some early UK cars had them fitted free gratis because they ran out of bump stops. And said they would switch back to bump stops when they got more stock FOC if people wanted.

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
I will also be interested as chose bump strips following early complaints of discoloration of utility belt.
Is discoloration still an ongoing issue??

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will also be interested as chose bump strips following early complaints of discoloration of utility belt.
Is discoloration still an ongoing issue??
I believe the few reports of discoloring were from cleaning chemicals...
I presume you can just order from dealer as a spare part.
You definitely can order them separately

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
would you have a link or part number for ordering?
I don't, but it should be simple enough for the parts department at your dealer of choice to look up

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
Update to my previous comment here. I appears that the 'Utility Belt' from Ineos is NOT compatible with industry standard L-Trak. I tried to use my own mounting points on the Ineos track in the rear floor of my Grenny, and no way was it going to work. Then I tried to insert a small piece of standard L-Trak into the groove in my exterior side bars that are called bump stops. It would not fit. WTF?

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I tried to use my own mounting points on the Ineos track in the rear floor of my Grenny, and no way was it going to work
In what way? They are L-track, and lots of people including me have had success in using 3rd party single lug and double lug tie down fittings with the installed rails. Maybe share a photo of your setup and components?

I tried to insert a small piece of standard L-Trak into the groove in my exterior side bars that are called bump stops. It would not fit.

Again, perhaps a photo would be useful to make sense of this. Are you saying you tried to fit L-track rail inside the blanking plate that’s installed with the bump strips that are the alternative to the exterior utility belts? That won’t work. I’ve not tried it but the blanking stuff will need to come out first, surely.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
In what way? They are L-track, and lots of people including me have had success in using 3rd party single lug and double lug tie down fittings with the installed rails. Maybe share a photo of your setup and components?

Again, perhaps a photo would be useful to make sense of this. Are you saying you tried to fit L-track rail inside the blanking plate that’s installed with the bump strips that are the alternative to the exterior utility belts? That won’t work. I’ve not tried it but the blanking stuff will need to come out first, surely.
You are correct. ,It was a matter of technique to get my old sliding ring mounts to engage. The Ineos ones are nicer!

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m also interested in fitting utility rails in the future but only on the rear quarter so I can attach a molle panel/rack.

I quite like the bumper rails on the doors to minimise car parking dents.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Try buying L-track narrower or equal to 1" in width.
I found one, finally, but it is not straightforward.
That would be ideal to keep the existing rubber insert installed. If you need to remove that, then who knows what's behind that and if there's a L track that fits that wide gap. I have seen some L track with wider flanges but it may need machining to fit. Fortunately I'm not in need of this now.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That would be ideal to keep the existing rubber insert installed. If you need to remove that, then who knows what's behind that and if there's a L track that fits that wide gap. I have seen some L track with wider flanges but it may need machining to fit. Fortunately I'm not in need of this now.
This works perfectly, but it took some looking.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you know if the mounting holes match up with the existing captured bolts on the body?
Not all of them. The captured bolts on the body follow their own pattern, so your better bet is to find undrilled L-track and DIY. However, this is even harder - I was unable to find (a) black (b) undrilled and (c) less than 1"-wide L-track anywhere.

motolatte

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
answered my own question, but might be nice to get the track section from Ineos that has holes every 8", with the last one near the rear at 9" spacing.

If I'm not mistaken, looks like the piece Ineos provides on new vehicles is just a strip of L-track that mounts up into the plastic section already on the vehicle... I guess I would give up my first born child at this point for an exploded parts diagram in which to give the dealer the part number (joking about giving up my child).

motolatte

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not all of them. The captured bolts on the body follow their own pattern, so your better bet is to find undrilled L-track and DIY. However, this is even harder - I was unable to find (a) black (b) undrilled and (c) less than 1"-wide L-track anywhere.
The Venture Track is every 4", so it will work for the first 4 holes moving from front to back. would just have some non bolted holes where skipped.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I guess I would give up my first born child at this point for an exploded parts diagram in which to give the dealer the part number (joking about giving up my child).
Or just ask the dealer, as they should have access to the exploded parts diagram...

Back
Top Bottom