The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Removing inside door panels

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:41 PM
Reaction score
I need to remove the drivers inside door panel to replace the side view mirror. Any tips? Is it simply prying out the panel from spring clips as with most cars?

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
That helped, but there was no mention or view of the access to the side view mirror connections. I'm not going through all that if it doesn't allow me to replace the mirror.

Last edited:

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
That helped, but there was no mention or view of the access to the side view mirror connections. I'm not going through all that if it doesn't allow mw to replace the mirror.
Well to be fair @Jeffrey, you asked for tips on how to remove the drivers inside door panel which @Asnes provided, not how to access the side mirror connections. A thank you would have been enough, instead of grumbling that the assistance given hasn't solved your problem.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Well to be fair @Jeffrey, you asked for tips on how to remove the drivers inside door panel which @Asnes provided, not how to access the side mirror connections. A thank you would have been enough, instead of grumbling that the assistance given hasn't solved your problem.
You need to re-read my reply. First thing I said was 'That helped'. Sorry I left out the thank you. You call that grumbling?? I need to remove the mirror. That's why I need to remove the panel. It was clearly stated. I said nothing offensive to anyone. Taking a partial phrase out of context is wrong. You need to find better things to do with your time. If you kindly choose to remove your post, I will remove this one and continue seeking the expertise I need here as intended.

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
No need to quarrel guys, the problem with this kinds of messages is that misinterpreting is so easy.

My "retirement paid hobby" is interpreting in 5 languages: believe me, body language is soooo important: usually i refuse to to interprete by telephone, because I miss the body language. On this forum, we don't see body language, only short written messages :)

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No need to quarrel guys, the problem with this kinds of messages is that misinterpreting is so easy.

My "retirement paid hobby" is interpreting in 5 languages: believe me, body language is soooo important: usually i refuse to to interprete by telephone, because I miss the body language. On this forum, we don't see body language, only short written messages :)
Thanks Jean. From my industry Human Factors > Communications training, only about 7% of a message comes through if communicating solely in written form so I appreciate your point. I don't know the origin of that statistic. Probably something that someone wrote and has been misinterpreted ever since.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s a great vid. Wish there was a way to save it. When I tried it said something like YT Kids Education videos cannot be save🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️, and of course the channels comments are turned off.
Hi Jiman01,
I, like yourself, like to save info from time to time. In addition to using the search function on Grenadier Forum, I have found an old school way to also organize information that I want to quickly find and refer back to. I have a word document that I created. In alphabetical order I put Titles and Sub-Titles and then cut and paste a link to the post I want to save below it. Each post on the forum has a llnk in the top right corner that looks like an arrow pointing left. If you hover over the arrow, the link will appear below it and you can copy it and paste it onto a word document. Here is how it looks for the Video above. In this case I have copied 2 links. One from the post and I also clicked on the YouTube link that shows just bellow the video and save that link to the video too. DaBull

Here's how my word document is organized.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - I put this across the page so I can easily scroll down to anything I file under R.
REMOVAL OF ITEMS - This is the main heading for this particular item of interest so I can store anything having to do with the removal of items on the Grenadier.
DOOR CARDS - HOW TO REMOVE - This is the sub-heading
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/removing-inside-door-panels.12414806/post-1333259419 This is where links to door card removals go.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0gxKoPgBW8
This is the direct link to the video door card removal link on YouTube.

For easy reference to important posts and links I have also put them in Notes on my iphone.
Under NOTES in my Iphone I keep a few things organized by having a note for each particular item that I might need when on or off road. I typically organize them like this.
GRENADIER - FLUIDS - This is the title to the note that will deal with just off FLUIDS. By putting FLUIDS in the note, I can easily and quickly locate it in the NOTES search function by just typing in FLUIDS. I will then put any links regarding FLUIDS under this note and additionally copy and paste the actual information
into this note too, as by doing so I don't need cell service to quickly refer to the information. You can also take a photo of a particular quart of
oil you like that shows all the specs etc. Then just go to NOTES and type in FLUIDS and then import the photo into that note.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just adding this info here in case you guys missed it.
There is a Bookmark feature built into the Forum. The flag is on every post in between Share and the Post # in the top corner. I have clicked on it here which sets it green and creates a bookmark to that post. You can add a short reminder message to yourself and a label which I haven't used but I assume is like keywords.
1709538502589.png

You can access a list of your saved bookmarks in your profile. Here's a peek at a few I have saved, with reminder messages like 'coolant bleeding' and 'rear seat move'.
You can edit and delete a bookmark by clicking on the gear icon next to it.

1709539034558.png
Hope you find this useful.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I ended up adding it to my forum bookmarks.

DaBull, that’s a great idea regarding notes. I especially like the idea that it’s not cell reception dependent and the ability to search by keyword. 🤙🤙

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I ended up adding it to my forum bookmarks.

DaBull, that’s a great idea regarding notes. I especially like the idea that it’s not cell reception dependent and the ability to search by keyword. 🤙🤙
I keep the relevant LR workshop manuals in PDF on my phone for this exact scenario.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Got 'er done! Thanks again Asnas for the video link. All went well and quick. A couple of tricks required to keep the mirror mounting screws from falling down into the door cavity. I'm like new again.....

Back
Top Bottom