The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Removed spare tire

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
I decided to remove my spare tire so I could detail behind it and replace the rear wiper. Boy! That spare is heavy! I need to workout more! Took a white marker and put a witness mark inside for easier remounting.
1000008350.jpg
Ended up using a platform to help me lift the tire back into place afterwards.
1000008351.jpg

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:39 PM
Reaction score
Boy! That spare is heavy!
I'm assuming you haven't had to haul around a 33/35/37" spare to do a tire change before? The "lightweight" of the 265/70s is wonderful compared to the larger setups

Local time
6:39 PM
Reaction score
I decided to remove my spare tire so I could detail behind it and replace the rear wiper. Boy! That spare is heavy! I need to workout more! Took a white marker and put a witness mark inside for easier remounting.

This video might be helpful - it is from Nena Barlow. A line from her video you might enjoy: "This is a tiny 33-inch tire, so let's now try this 35"

If you don't know Nena, she is an accomplished off-road racer, and runs trainings and off-road tours: https://www.barlows.us/

How to lift heavy tires:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3qmY7r9RMU

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7841540
View attachment 7841541
excellent idea... wide, stable platform (y)

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nena makes it look so easy! @anand, this is my first vehicle with rear door mounted spare, coming from a 2009 Honda Pilot with bottom mounted spare. I had a puncture on a trail once. No way I was going to use my spare. Fixed the puncture with a bacon strip and I was one my way (with a lot of help from my friends).

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@anand, this is my first vehicle with rear door mounted spare, coming from a 2009 Honda Pilot with bottom mounted spare.
Oh! No worries, that makes a lot more sense!! Definitely pop it off and on a few times and you'll get the hang of it, much better to do it in your driveway and have a bit of muscle memory than out in the wilderness for the first time

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oh! No worries, that makes a lot more sense!! Definitely pop it off and on a few times and you'll get the hang of it, much better to do it in your driveway and have a bit of muscle memory than out in the wilderness for the first time
Excellent advice! Will put into practice.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Always a good idea because when it really happens, it‘s always cold, rainy, and in the dark….add muddy if off-road 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom