The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

REMOVAL OF THE HUMP ON THE DRIVERS SIDE RIGHT HAND DRIVE ONLY.

Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
There are pills and ways to fix both stiffness and floppiness 😉
Thanks I tried everything the only thing left is my Grenadier. not allowed to ride a bike or fly anymore. retirement is great they said.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
Thanks I tried everything the only thing left is my Grenadier. not allowed to ride a bike or fly anymore. retirement is great they said.
how about two lolipop sticks and a couple of rubber bands?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No way this is a different issue to the original complaint of being off set to the pedals. And how the hell would anyone know we have only just recently been able to view one in the flesh. Try reading some of the positive replies.
Nah mate - there’s a hundred threads on this very old chestnut

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Show me one where the left and right resting plane is offset at the heel by 100mm, and we will see! I have seen RHD rests at 10 or 20mm offset... but one that actually lifts your leg off the squab is odd.
The RHD footrest is a big and well-known design flaw, and only individual users will be able to say if it is an 'issue or not'. For me personally, it's an pretty big issue and the biggest problem with my overall take on the vehicle, it was uncomfortable as any foot position I have driven in any vehicle - I took the PT02 on 3x test drives. However, I will try and turn a blind eye and ignore it as best I can. If it really upsets my hip and long haul, I will sell it.
I didn't want to get "into" the RHD footrest issue again but I wanted to let you know that last year at the Victorian drive day I spent 10 minutes on me knees closely looking the the footrest because of the many negative comments about it.:

1. I agree it may be an issue for some but, I believe not for most but of course time & longer distance driving will tell. The primary problem is, as you note, that the height of the footrest is materially HIGHER than the gas pedal. This is nuts, cannot be ergonomically correct and is NOT the case for any RHD car I have ever driven or seen. I mean, does anyone sit on a seat in their home where you place a thick telephone book under their left foot because it feels more comfortable. However, I don't believe the difference is as much as 100mm. Looking at both foot resting places - I suspect it's around 60/70mm.

2. The plastic flooring is very thick around the footrest, with an air gap to the metal - so some options there..

3. For gods sake - don't cross the rubicon (cut-up the floor pan & exhaust) until you have done some serious amounts of long distance driving and had experts involved.

Local time
Reaction score
I didn't want to get "into" the RHD footrest issue again but I wanted to let you know that last year at the Victorian drive day I spent 10 minutes on me knees closely looking the the footrest because of the many negative comments about it.:

1. I agree it may be an issue for some but, I believe not for most but of course time & longer distance driving will tell. The primary problem is, as you note, that the height of the footrest is materially HIGHER than the gas pedal. This is nuts, cannot be ergonomically correct and is NOT the case for any RHD car I have ever driven or seen. I mean, does anyone sit on a seat in their home where you place a thick telephone book under their left foot because it feels more comfortable. However, I don't believe the difference is as much as 100mm. Looking at both foot resting places - I suspect it's around 60/70mm.

2. The plastic flooring is very thick around the footrest, with an air gap to the metal - so some options there..

3. For gods sake - don't cross the rubicon (cut-up the floor pan & exhaust) until you have done some serious amounts of long distance driving and had experts involved.
Great reply and will take your advice on board. thanks, sorry to bring up an old old topic as I thought this was new.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

No way
It is a deal breaker for me.
There is no way I will pay $124K for a vehicle with a bad footrest.
This will cause spine deformities and huge amounts of fatigue and mental anguish.
Not to mention wrist strain from the 436 messages, emails and Facebook posts I will write whining about it, despite never having driven it for more than 30 minutes
Thankfully my configuration only costs $121K so it is not an issue for me.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:18 AM
Reaction score
There are pills and ways to fix both stiffness and floppiness 😉
I know there are some well-known name-brand meds out there but generic ones are advertised all the time. Just like all meds, their generic name is really weird. It’s mycoxafloppin - like seriously, how do drug companies come up with these names?

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
No way
It is a deal breaker for me.
There is no way I will pay $122K for a vehicle with a bad footrest.
This will cause spine deformities and huge amounts of fatigue and mental anguish.
Not to mention wrist strain from the 436 messages, emails and Facebook posts I will write whining about it, despite never having driven it for more than 30 minutes
Thankfully my configuration only costs $121K so it is not an issue for me.
Sh!t...mine was $122.5k. will have to sell it now FFS

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
mycoxafloppin - like seriously, how do drug companies come up with these names?
How do car companies name a 4x4 that means "gentleman who likes to play with himself" in Spanish?
Who would drive a Pajero anyway?

Local time
1:18 AM
Reaction score
I'd just cut off the exhaust right there. Cut out the bump and a more comfy steel tray to rivet in place. Replace when emissions needed.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It would be a lot less work to move the throttle up to match the footrest.

Assuming you feel you have to do something…..

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Given that I have been driving Defenders for 30 years which take no consideration for owning a right elbow, this is possibly a trivial problem. Have sat very comfortably with left foot on the offending "hump" - am 6'2".

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
8 or 9 of the UK press reviewers raised this as an issue. It is certainly well covered. Most would know here it's my No.1 bugbear: it infuriates me that 'design' would get to this point for such a long-awaited car. Sadly, it was in the PT01 test vehicle, and they couldn't 'design it out' after 2 years which really irks me - laziness and an unwillingness to be better. I would fire all involved if it was my company. I put it in the safe basket as "the tiler didn't lay the tiles flat, and it must be someone elses problem...".

TASSIE - THEY GOT ME STARTED AGAIN!!!
It hasn’t been your fault!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
This topic is another goat 🐐 leg thrown in the pool full of hungry piranhas.
You could do it over and over again. Just let us digest for some days in between!1681478142468.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom