The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

REMOVAL OF THE HUMP ON THE DRIVERS SIDE RIGHT HAND DRIVE ONLY.

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
I smell opportunity, so I'll be fitting a sports cat equipped, high flow manifold that'll be heat wrapped and wayyy lower > problem solved > more woof > more legroom win win win

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not going to spend any brain time on it until I drive it, all this is" just pie in the sky" stuff. If it was such a BIG issue it would have been rectified one would think.
Incorrect thought as it was known by the IA team early on - and was not a pie in the sky for many. The advice I got from part of the IA Australia engineers group was that the PT01 flaw was known, but, before they realised how many people had issues with it the design was through and past PT02 design (as in the PT02 was being built!). It was known, the engineers knew, they did nothing about it because they thought it would be a 'non-issue'. When 8 or 9 of the UK press drivers raise a concern, it is likely a concern. It will be a concern for many, but not all. To state wholly that 'it's not a concern' and wrap everyone in the same thought is not correct.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like you and I are on the same page. being 6'3 only exasperates the problem. I am here to find a solution as my Grenadier is not far away I hope. and I reckon its an awesome vehicle.
We most definitely are. Spec Savers are making a fortune here. - from some.

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:54 PM
Reaction score
Have you seen the video floating around where they pull the floor mat back! It’s about 5cm thick - I’d look into a new mat before I cut anything.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
'it's not a concern' and wrap everyone in the same thought is not correct.
It's not a concern. More of a concern is the stiffening of your body due to age and lack of use 😉 Fix that , then complain 😁

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you seen the video floating around where they pull the floor mat back! It’s about 5cm thick - I’d look into a new mat before I cut anything.
5mm and there is a space where it doesn't sit "tight" adding up to another 5mm.

Local time
Reaction score
I smell opportunity, so I'll be fitting a sports cat equipped, high flow manifold that'll be heat wrapped and wayyy lower > problem solved > more woof > more legroom win win win
Tell me more.

Reactions: @nd

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
5mm and there is a space where it doesn't sit "tight" adding up to another 5mm.
You are assuming the 5cm is not there for a reason. Maybe the floor matt company sent the apprentice down to measure it and he didn't know how to read the tape thingamajiggy and they just made it to his measurements. It might be there to avoid heat build up and transfer?

Local time
Reaction score
Incorrect thought as it was known by the IA team early on - and was not a pie in the sky for many. The advice I got from part of the IA Australia engineers group was that the PT01 flaw was known, but, before they realised how many people had issues with it the design was through and past PT02 design (as in the PT02 was being built!). It was known, the engineers knew, they did nothing about it because they thought it would be a 'non-issue'. When 8 or 9 of the UK press drivers raise a concern, it is likely a concern. It will be a concern for many, but not all. To state wholly that 'it's not a concern' and wrap everyone in the same thought is not correct.
That is a wealth of information so the buggers are aware I thought I would be alone with this one. We are paying over 100k my wife expects it to be perfect were I know things need tweaking.

Local time
Reaction score
Can anyone else hear that record playing??
Sounds broken to me……
No way this is a different issue to the original complaint of being off set to the pedals. And how the hell would anyone know we have only just recently been able to view one in the flesh. Try reading some of the positive replies.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You are assuming the 5cm is not there for a reason. Maybe the floor matt company sent the apprentice down to measure it and he didn't know how to read the tape thingamajiggy and they just made it to his measurements. It might be there to avoid heat build up and transfer?
well if the apprentice was using 5cm (2") and not 5mm I can understand the issue. However you are not alone on this, it seems to be an Oz thing using cm incorrectly. In the UK (and I think EU) metric measurement is done only in mm and m, and cm are not generally used. Old timers like me however still use imperial measure ~ inches

Back
Top Bottom