The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Remote start?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
It doesn't take much in Washington to defrost the windows. In New England where I grew up, we would fire up the engine and use the window scrapper to get the job done faster.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:15 AM
Reaction score
I guess I've never fully understood the rationale of starting a vehicle remotely ... to me it's fraught with risk. One needs to be in full control of the vehicle at all times...
Most modern cars won't start unless the brake pedal is pressed.
A lot of people don't realise this because they just put their foot on the brake out of habit.
My brother in law couldn't get his new car to start and called roadside assistance.
The guy couldn't find anything wrong and it started every time for him

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
Right here is man that grew up driving a stick. I was with you until recently when my car had a remote start. Now we use it as way to defrost the windows as we get the kids ready to head to school. I know I am developing soft kids!
No feature for Germany. Here it’s forbidden to warm up the car with running engine while it is parked.
That might be the reason why I didn’t understand the need for a remote start at all.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:15 AM
Reaction score
It’s actually illegal in the UK as well on a public highway…..look up quitting a motor vehicle

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:15 PM
Reaction score
No feature for Germany. Here it’s forbidden to warm up the car with running engine while it is parked.
That might be the reason why I didn’t understand the need for a remote start at all.
In Switzerland they would probably lock you up for that.

Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
We will absolutely install both a remote start and engine block heater and winter weight synthetic oil. It is often colder than -20C up here and further north where we often travel.
Big +1 and a first post here for me.

People who don't understand remote start have probably never experienced real cold. Heck people around here who work in the field often never even turn off their diesels overnight. Not something you use every day, but sure is nice when you need it if only to take the edge off a very frozen vehicle.

My wrangler Sahara, which was a keyed ignition vehicle, had an OE starter which was just button combination to press on the fob. Hoping something similarly slick is doable.

Heck my German X5 has key and cellular remote start from factory, so the Germans definitely know how to do it with the same hardware/engine inside the grenadier.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

People who don't understand remote start have probably never experienced real cold. Heck people around here who work in the field often never even turn off their diesels overnight. Not something you use every day, but sure is nice when you need it if only to take the edge off a very frozen vehicle.

My wrangler Sahara, which was a keyed ignition vehicle, had an OE starter which was just button combination to press on the fob. Hoping something similarly slick is doable.

Heck my German X5 has key and cellular remote start from factory, so the Germans definitely know how to do it with the same hardware/engine inside the grenadier.
I'm ok with a good old fashioned button on the fob so no one can charge me a "subscription" to use it!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score

People from Europe do not understand it as it is forbidden here.
If you want to warm up the car here you have to install a heater. Letting the engine run all night is not the solution (and normally not necessary neither)

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know of a solution to circumvent the "step on the brake" requirement in order to start the Grenadier? My local alarm installer is currently unable to get around that for remote start.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I suppose leaving a brick on the brake pedal isn’t an option? 🤣
You beat me to it - my brain instantly had that same thought whilst still reading his question! 🤣

Thunderbird

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was a way to get a regular key without the cumbersome fob. I miss having a “normal” key.

Back
Top Bottom