The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Red letter A

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score

GrumpyBastard

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
Also ordered the set of red A’s from diginate. Super easy, Clive is awesome. Looks like the parcel will make it home before I do, so about 1 week for delivery to the continent of ungrateful colonials.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:21 PM
Reaction score
Also ordered the set of red A’s from diginate. Super easy, Clive is awesome. Looks like the parcel will make it home before I do, so about 1 week for delivery to the continent of ungrateful colonials.
Ditto. I got red and black. I'm thinking about doing the nose and rear door in safety orange (I've seen some that were a softer dusty[?] orange color that I think looks great with the MM) like the prototypes were set up, and the black Lambda might look better than red contrasted against the orange.

Reactions: IGL

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi folks. I wonder if any of you can help with some letter dimensions for the Grenadier. I’ve emailed Clive at Diginate to see if I can get letters made up for the complete Grenadier embossed logo on the bonnet and rear wheel lockable box. I have now left my vehicle in Botswana and travelling back to U.K. for Christmas. I attach the message from Clive to explain what he needs.

Hi Dave,

We have never done any of the other letters before.
I have found a vector version of the main logo however this would be for the full logo rather than the indented area that the stickers occupy. The indented area has much squarer corners.

I have the dimensions for the indented A so I can try and use that as a point of reference for the other letters.

Could you measure two things for me your end? The height of the indented space and then the full height of the letter A. See attached

I can then use those two dimensions to scale the main logo against what I have and get a good idea of the space between the indented area and the full letter edge. I should then be able to make some indented letters and we can work form there.

Regards

Clive ”

IMG_0939.jpeg
Thanks in advance 👍🏼

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi folks. I wonder if any of you can help with some letter dimensions for the Grenadier. I’ve emailed Clive at Diginate to see if I can get letters made up for the complete Grenadier embossed logo on the bonnet and rear wheel lockable box. I have now left my vehicle in Botswana and travelling back to U.K. for Christmas. I attach the message from Clive to explain what he needs.

Hi Dave,

We have never done any of the other letters before.
I have found a vector version of the main logo however this would be for the full logo rather than the indented area that the stickers occupy. The indented area has much squarer corners.

I have the dimensions for the indented A so I can try and use that as a point of reference for the other letters.

Could you measure two things for me your end? The height of the indented space and then the full height of the letter A. See attached

I can then use those two dimensions to scale the main logo against what I have and get a good idea of the space between the indented area and the full letter edge. I should then be able to make some indented letters and we can work form there.

Regards

Clive ”

View attachment 7835962
Thanks in advance 👍🏼
Hi,Clive at Diginate has the dimension of the A as he did this for my bonnet, back door and wheel locker, he will be able to scale from what he made for me?

Gryphon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
Hi,

Please can anyone who has successfully changed the “A” on the bonnet and rear door to red - let me know the best way, I can’t imagine getting a good enough finish with paint, is an adhesive vinyl an option? This would be so good to be incorporated into the build, to highlight the Grenadier logo.

Thanks,

John

View attachment 7825320
I used a stiff paper and my nails to etch a suitable profile off the pressed metal then used that as a template and cut it out of a vinyl A4 red sheet from eBay. Plenty of chances to manipulate and trim. See photos. I am also North Yorkshire - a Dentons Cars customer. Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_2407.jpeg
    IMG_2407.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2242.jpeg
    IMG_2242.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I used a stiff paper and my nails to etch a suitable profile off the pressed metal then used that as a template and cut it out of a vinyl A4 red sheet from eBay. Plenty of chances to manipulate and trim. See photos. I am also North Yorkshire - a Dentons Cars customer. Enjoy!
Well done! I used Clive at Diginate, I did the measurements and they fit perfectly. You have the right colour too and I am very happy with the Denton team!

Here are my pix:

IMG_1181.jpeg

IMG_1183.jpeg

Cheers,

John

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
John Would very much like to get a set of these Red A to go on mine. Mine is now with dealer...almost there as an actual owner. They look excellent,. Is that possible.
Pete mulhollandpeter@msn.com
Apologies Pete, I have only just spotted your message. Further up this string are the details for Clive at Diginate who created mine. Cheers, John

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,Clive at Diginate has the dimension of the A as he did this for my bonnet, back door and wheel locker, he will be able to scale from what he made for me?
Hi , I have emailed Clive and he needs the the full height and width measurements of the A on the bonnet. He has the inside size of the A as has made up letters already but needs the outer dimensions of the indented A so that he can work out and scale the other letters. If someone could measure this please as I’m not with my vehicle until the new year. I will then get the full Grenadier lettering made up. Thanks 👍🏼

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
Side bar - has anyone tried to use a Crickcut vinyl cutter to make them?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:21 PM
Reaction score
Side bar - has anyone tried to use a Crickcut vinyl cutter to make them?
I was reading through this wondering if I should order a cricut for the kids this Christmas. They usually let crafty gifts stagnate in a pile but I might get some use out of one of these.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was reading through this wondering if I should order a cricut for the kids this Christmas. They usually let crafty gifts stagnate in a pile but I might get some use out of one of these.
I bet you are going to buy your wife some useful power tool as well 😉

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
I have a Cricut but no Grenadier yet :LOL:

If someone can send the measurements, I can try to make one.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you buy the stickers from Diginate - what is the best way to apply to the car - top down ? Any tricks you can share if you've done it?

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
This is what I've used in previous decal applications

Rapid TAC Application Fluid for Vinyl Wraps Decals Stickers

Back
Top Bottom