The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rattle/knocking sound up front

Efatl

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
I just received my IG a week ago today and all was fine until yesterday. Sun/Mon I drove 450 miles with no issues. When I drove it on Tuesday, a strange rattle started and is there every time I drive. It is not constant and seems to be provoked by left hand turns. Yet, it is not during every turn and happens occasionally at other times and does not need to be while accelerating. It seems like it is coming from the lower passenger side behind the center control panel or footwell. I searched the forum and saw a thread about a rattle that was caused by a hose not being attached / not being attached properly and it was the cause of the rattle in that thread. All of my hoses I can see (and the one noted in the photos on that thread) are secured. It is going to the dealer in a week, but wondering if anyone has any thoughts?

Attachments

• rattle.mp4
    3.5 MB

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Strange one. Is it possible it’s coming from the glove box? Maybe try driving with it open.

Efatl

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
We tried that, and also took any metal out of the glove box

Efatl

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
It is definitely coming from somewhere in the passenger wheel well or behind the center control panel on passenger side

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like the HVAC blower motor is coming into contact with something possibly

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
It is definitely coming from somewhere in the passenger wheel well or behind the center control panel on passenger side
The heat shields under the car can create noises in the footwells. They come and go at will. It was a nightmare to track down, but after the heat shields were adjusted it went away. But it never seemed to come from the centre console, so it might not be them. All you can do is work your way through the options.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom