The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Pricing

Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, can anyone explain the pricing on a Trialmaster? Ineos have no idea after contacting them by phone and the local dealer can't work it out either. The RRP of the Trialmaster is $96495 AUD. After all other costs in basic white with no extras on top the drive way price goes to $111587.60.  If you select rubber floor mats for $280 GST inclusive the price then jumps to $112147.59? Floor mats are LCT excluded and the total jumps $560? The call centre tried to say it's due to LCT which is 33% but excluded anyways on floormats as said in fine print. Then they said it's for front and back but their is no mention of this anywhere just that floor mats are $280. Anyone understand this?

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I do believe its all about Luxury Car Tax and here in Queensland, once that gun goes off, the local State Government jump in for some of their cut on top of the LCT. About $2000 I do believe for the State Government. If there was no LCT involved then all of that goes away. This is a function that should have been sorted out here in Australia before we arrived at this stage of the vehicle release and it was all enough (along with some other factors) for me to call off my purchase. I will look again at the situation in a years time, but a bit of a poor show all in all. Add to that the fact that once you leave the East Coast and head inland, you are on your own.
Cheers
Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Yes we found an almost new 70 series 5door down in Tasmania and its on the back of a truck heading north right now. Cost several thousand $ more than a new one but thats the reality now days
Cheers
Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:42 PM
Reaction score
Yup - until the LCT is resolved I wont be placing an order as there is no telling what the tax office will do.
I am more than happy to wait a bit longer - i have waited this long

I have configured a build that on road, after fees and GST, is just under $100,000 so only 3.5% stamp duty

LCT adds $8630 to the price PLUS an extra $2,363 stamp duty over and above the $3,500 already payable.
So almost an extra $11,000 - can buy a fair bit of kit for that amount.

Reply from Ineos when asked if there was any info re the tax submission and if the extra Stamp Duty would be refundable...
"I have asked for any updates regarding LCT and stamp duties."

Being a State Government tax, the extra is probably still payable as the duty would be assessed on the value at the signing of the contract. 

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks guys, l too will be putting off my purchase till l can get some real answers. My local Port Macquarie dealer said that all options will incur LCT yet the call centre guys in UK said that a separate invoice for all bolt on accessories will be created and sent uninstalled so l can save on LCT. Not sure who to believe and my local dealer said he was surprised they published him as being a authorised dealer as he didn't even get informed.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:42 PM
Reaction score
I would be interested o see how you finance a purchase of a car on two separate invoices? That would mean two separate contracts. 
Tax is paid based on the date of payment, not on the date of contract. Any contract can be changed if agreed and signed to by both parties prior to contract execution. 
So if tax laws change before the final transfer of ownership then you only pay the new tax rate. (in Australia that is)

Local time
Reaction score
With the Australian ATO now exempting the Luxury Car Tax yesterday saving on average 10k off a Trialmaster or Fieldmaster the decision to go ahead has been made easy for me.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:42 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Davman userid=8961117 postid=1333070148]Starting to make the Grenadier look like an absolute bargain hey.

[/QUOTE]
”Australian customers are still not able to order one because Mercedes has stopped accepting deposits until it can work through its current two-year waiting list.”   - two year waiting list ?

On a side note, a friend ordered a Tesla 3 in December 2021. It is being delivered early Sept 2022.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:42 AM
Reaction score
Its for sure that the Grenadier won't as well not stay at his current price. The changes might be significant.

That's why I think that my order is not just an expense but an investment as well.

Back
Top Bottom