The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Press Review - what do you want to see…?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
With deliveries in the UK not far off, any opinions on when IM will let the automotive press get their hands on production models..?

Assuming that this time is close, what area of performance would you be most interested in?

For me, it’s Road manners, 60% motorway and 38% B roads and 2% landfill sites. In particular, Road roar, cabin boom / noise at 75mph, body roll in the twistys and general ambiance.

From what I’ve already seen, it’s going to be very capable off road..

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:12 PM
Reaction score
Nailed it for me mate.
I trust it’ll do its job off the black stuff, but what’s it like in comparison to more suv types on it.

Or should I say a 300 or Patrol which would be my only other two choices.

SUV is such an ugly “word”

Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:12 AM
Reaction score
With deliveries in the UK not far off, any opinions on when IM will let the automotive press get their hands on production models..?

Assuming that this time is close, what area of performance would you be most interested in?

For me, it’s Road manners, 60% motorway and 38% B roads and 2% landfill sites. In particular, Road roar, cabin boom / noise at 75mph, body roll in the twistys and general ambiance.

From what I’ve already seen, it’s going to be very capable off road..
You probably should watch Sir Jim and Sir Lewis Hamilton in the car with Lewis Driving and if that isn't enough order a Porsche also, Oh! maybe an M Series BMW... happy motoring

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You probably should watch Sir Jim and Sir Lewis Hamilton in the car with Lewis Driving and if that isn't enough order a Porsche also, Oh! maybe an M Series BMW... happy motoring
I saw the Jim and Lewis video and although it was entertaining, it wasnt a critical review. Ive already got a 530xdrive for Sunday best, the gren will be for fun and shooting. The reality is that most of its use with me, will be on the back stuff, like most folk.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I saw the Jim and Lewis video and although it was entertaining, it wasnt a critical review. Ive already got a 530xdrive for Sunday best, the gren will be for fun and shooting. The reality is that most of its use with me, will be on the back stuff, like most folk.
It is a very interesting point with regard to a critical review which I did when I watched that video for the tenth time analyzing strength and tone, and body language and I also watched the car...It is "show and tell" for me and you are right about the black stuff...we have to arrive at the fun somehow and home again...I respect choice...I think we have fallen for the car... I know I have...happy motoring

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah our last big trip was about 9,000km all up and about 3,500km of that on the highway getting to and from the dirt and sand.
But unfortunately we can’t all have a job like the BTM (you’re a lucky bastard Les) the reality for most is that day in and day out it’s a daily driver in the city and on the highway up and down the coast, so needs to be comfortable and easy enough to live with when it’s not being used as “built for purpose”.

That said I’m confident it will be and looking forward to driving it in December, cause I’m a touchy feely sort of guy.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:12 PM
Reaction score
I currently drive a VW Amarok - which is well known as the best “drivers” dual cab ute on the black top. However with rear leaf springs, it can get a little loose at the rear axle sometimes under certain road conditions - but otherwise drives awesome for a truck its size.
I have every reason to expect that the IG with graduated coil springs ( Eibach springs nonetheless - awesome) is going to be far better than the Amarok. That is good enough for me.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I currently drive a VW Amarok - which is well known as the best “drivers” dual cab ute on the black top. However with rear leaf springs, it can get a little loose at the rear axle sometimes under certain road conditions - but otherwise drives awesome for a truck its size.
I have every reason to expect that the IG with graduated coil springs ( Eibach springs nonetheless - awesome) is going to be far better than the Amarok. That is good enough for me.
And having driven a rok a few times, I’ll be happy as well.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Real-world fuel economy (On and off-road).
What stuff can be controlled/customized via the infotainment system.
What the cabin, switches, etc look like when driving at night.
Fit and finish opinions.

I haven’t seen one in person so I want to know everything I can!

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Real-world fuel economy (On and off-road).
What stuff can be controlled/customized via the infotainment system.
What the cabin, switches, etc look like when driving at night.
Fit and finish opinions.

I haven’t seen one in person so I want to know everything I can!
You are right but I am going to find most of the review once I have it...a lot of it will be from this forum...it has been said here before the proof is in the pudding...happy motoring

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah our last big trip was about 9,000km all up and about 3,500km of that on the highway getting to and from the dirt and sand.
But unfortunately we can’t all have a job like the BTM (you’re a lucky bastard Les) the reality for most is that day in and day out it’s a daily driver in the city and on the highway up and down the coast, so needs to be comfortable and easy enough to live with when it’s not being used as “built for purpose”.

That said I’m confident it will be and looking forward to driving it in December, cause I’m a touchy feely sort of guy.
Mr Barstard until you know me better thank you. Cheers...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Unless any of them are regular Defender drivers, I'm not sure that many of reviews will be that relevant to me in terms of how they say the Grenadier drives. At best, it will be helpful to know that they haven't found a "death wobble" at 70mph or some other major design flaw.

There's a couple of exceptions, for the likes of Harry Metcalfe, Henry Catchpole.

Good road manners to me, means perhaps adapting how I drive to the particular vehicle I'm in. I don't drive the Defender like a sports car. I don't drive my Smart car like a Defender.

I will nevertheless read every single one I can.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Unless any of them are regular Defender drivers, I'm not sure that many of reviews will be that relevant to me in terms of how they say the Grenadier drives. At best, it will be helpful to know that they haven't found a "death wobble" at 70mph or some other major design flaw.

There's a couple of exceptions, for the likes of Harry Metcalfe, Henry Catchpole.

Good road manners to me, means perhaps adapting how I drive to the particular vehicle I'm in. I don't drive the Defender like a sports car. I don't drive my Smart car like a Defender.

I will nevertheless read every single one I can.
Yes but Harry Metcalfe (much as I like his content) couldn't say anything about the Defender or they wouldn't give him another Land Rover Product ever .
Many press reviewers only have the vehicle for a short time it takes. longer to take the pictures and do the video than review the vehicle and the journalist always has to have some "angle" .

DCPU I don't drive. my defender like our smart car either

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for that. You moving up to FNQ shortly. We are in Townsville and will probably move back to Cairns in the near future depending on property sales etc.
No we are in Brisbane now, and lived in Cairns in the late 90's for a number of years after moving from central Qld. FNQ = God's country.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would like to see some good comparisons between the Grenadier and other „related“ cars as real off-roaders but also similar sized SUVs.
I am sure we will see plenty of comparisons as soon as the press cars hit the streets.
I will be interested to see which vehicles different people choose to compare it to.
I think he obvious ones are the
  • old & new Defenders
  • G wagon
  • LC70 series
  • LC300
  • YG62
  • Maybe Wrangler????
  • Then a bunch of SUV's

Back
Top Bottom