The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Power steering loss

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
Power Steering Fluid level ok?

Vote:
Upvote 0

gkhaldi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You can try to stop and turn off the vehicle…wait for 15’ (lock it). If it’s the main control module that lost its connection to one of its auxiliary electronic components it can behave very weird. As an example…my airco was working but the vents in the back were blowing 60C hot air whilst the front vents were blowing max cold :( => also main control module

Vote:
Upvote 0

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
Thanks. Will try. Gave it 5 minutes before but no change. Made it back down now. So will give some time now.
I hope the power steering pump has not failed like mine did. Almost impossible to turn the wheel at stop but got easier as speed increased. Initially diagnosed as a faulty gateway control module but on the the third breakdown was easy to find as permanent fault and not intermittent as before.
if real stuck and you need to continue to get help or repair then disconnect the steering damper which will help by reducing resistance on the steering but be careful at speed as may be not track in a straight line.

Vote:
Upvote 0

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hope the power steering pump has not failed like mine did. Almost impossible to turn the wheel at stop but got easier as speed increased.
That sounds very symptomatic. Did the switch out of the pump take a long time?

Reactions: PBD
Vote:
Upvote 0

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is this is a recall item, someone could get hurt if more fail?
It’s a one off and not a prevalent issue I’m told . I have no reason to doubt that as I’m sure Ineos wouldn’t risk their reputation or anybody’s life with that.

Vote:
Upvote 0

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like a two off to me. ;)
I feel sorry for them, having this occur with a new vehicle.
Considering the relatively small number of these actually being driven compared to other vehicles globally, does anyone here know a person who has a proper 4X4 less than a few years old that has had steering failure? I sure have not... looking forward to getting mine still but I will be very weary of these problems. Only positive thoughts here!

Vote:
Upvote 0

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:19 AM
Reaction score
Do we know who the PS pump supplier is? Or is it OEM from IA?

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom