The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Phones/ iOS and Android OS

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
I always see "Apple Car Play" on the screens. Has any owner an Android phone? And could he connect it to the info screen without problems?
I am on IOS with an iPhone, having spent ages trying to master the system I now realise that Apple Carplay is so (ultra) good, that's all that I need!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:10 PM
Reaction score
Android now has 75% market share globally but it was complete shite up until Google got their act together and released their Pixel range.
75 % market share of the whole market. In my opinion the market share of Android within the Grenadier community will be less as people who can buy a Grenadier more likely have the money to buy an I Phone.
This of course is not a rating of the operating system.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
75 % market share of the whole market. In my opinion the market share of Android within the Grenadier community will be less as people who can buy a Grenadier more likely have the money to buy an I Phone.
Samsung user here. I have the money for an iPhone, but don't like the the apple closed operating system. Android is so much more versatile, and the top Android phones have better cameras on the whole than Iphones

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Disagree, the people on this forum will buy the best phone that they consider fits their needs best, dare I say one that they deem "fit for purpose"

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Disagree, the people on this forum will buy the best phone that they consider fits their needs best, dare I say one that they deem "fit for purpose"
I am an iphone lover as it does whatever is required in an easy manner (With the exception of SIRI) however, in my experience, techies seem to prefer the alternatives.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:10 PM
Reaction score
Given the age of some of our, ehem, distinguished members, I'd figure this was a popular phone here: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

kpixn9-21gadgetjlg.jpg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Samsung user here. I have the money for an iPhone, but don't like the the apple closed operating system. Android is so much more versatile, and the top Android phones have better cameras on the whole than Iphones
No offence intended. I didn’t want to say that people with enough money buy an iPhone but that people with only little money will probably buy an Android operated phone.
Given this as presumption I conclude that within the people who have enough money to buy both the distribution will be more equaled just because decisions can be made free of the costs.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No offence intended. I didn’t want to say that people with enough money buy an iPhone but that people with only little money will probably buy an Android operated phone.
Given this as presumption I conclude that within the people who have enough money to buy both the distribution will be more equaled just because decisions can be made free of the costs.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
the market share of Android within the Grenadier community will be less as people who can buy a Grenadier more likely have the money to buy an I Phone.
I personally don't think Grenadier buyers are dumb, snobs, or livestylists.

I, for one, buy things not because I just have the money to do so, but because I need them. And before I do, I look at what I can do with it, what the quality and durability is like, not to mention the manufacturer's policy and the price-performance ratio.

My cell phone is a very unattractive CAT S41. It's clunky and heavy.

But it's also waterproof and shock reststant, has survived a few harder falls, and once I accidentally ran over it with my motorcycle. It's still in perfect condition and still works flawlessly.

I think it's much closer to what I imagine a typical Grenadier buyer would be.

And btw, after buying a Grenadier, some may not have the money to waste on Apple-like lifestyle products any more.

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I personally don't think Grenadier buyers are dumb, snobs, or livestylists.

I, for one, buy things not because I have the money to do so, but because I need them. And before I do, I look at what I can do with it, what the quality and durability is like, not to mention the manufacturer's policy and the price-performance ratio.

My cell phone is a very unattractive CAT S41. It's clunky and heavy.

But it's also waterproof and shock reststant, has survived a few harder falls, and once I accidentally ran over it with my motorcycle. It's still in perfect condition and still works flawlessly.

I think it's much closer to what I imagine a typical Grenadier buyer would be.

And btw, after buying a Grenadier, some may not have the money to waste on Apple-like lifestyle products any more.
Read my answer above. I never said anything god or bad regarding Android or iOS and for sure nothing about dumb, snobby or lifestyle Grenadier buyers.
You lay something in my words in quiet an unfair way here. Don’t you think so?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
No offense taken at all Bemax!

It's a common thing here in the UK (and much of the west probably) that because iPhone is expensive, many people buy the latest one as an "accessory", and to show off, and wouldnt be seen dead with an older model! Weird phenomenon that's mostly exclusive to urban and suburban folk.

@emax I used to have a Cat smartphone, but kept breaking the screens on them! Decided to just go with the Samsung that is a better phone, and leave it in the truck not my pocket when I'm working! It's almost as if because I knew it was tough, I'd push the limits of the CAT even further, and thus break it anyway

Back
Top Bottom