The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Phone from Ineos Automotive

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:03 AM
Reaction score
Hey, i´m from Germany. Shortly i have a call from Ineos Automotive about wishes to change my configuration of the Grenadier order. Now my order is definitiv ready. The car will be build in September 2022. Now I'm waiting of my contract. Cars to drive for a test are in August by the dealers in Germany. So far the info from the Ineos man on phone.
My one is a Cargo version, two seater, solid green, diesel, Campingtable, Rough package, safari windows - my Defender 1998 with 465.000 km is a little bit sad, about the rival, but he needs a new frame. One of the very rare original things ,he can hold over the years. When the Landy ist ready again, maybe the Grenadier find a new owner, maybe not. Time will tell. 
I´m following the Grenadier project from the beginning. I`m sure, the Grenadier has much potential to satisfied all of the task owners will make. My solid green Grenadier will be one of the first cars leave Hambach to get by the owners. That's fine.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations! Strong interest from Germany on the Grenadier, against the general mood in the country that will certainly not welcome the Grenadier.

If I understand correctly you already had the call on possible changes and now just waiting for the contract? Many here are still waiting for that call to addressed change requests, myself included.

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes Cavaleiro, so it is. I think that from now on Ineos make this phone to other customers to make their orders ready. 

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:03 AM
Reaction score
Welcome.

Same here, my Defender from 1996 is in good shape with 245.000 km, but long distances are stressful nowadays. Getting old. ?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
Many thanks for the valuable information you have provided this morning.

This information is filling in many gaps that we have been discussing on.

Did Mr. INEOS mention when you will receive the contract, how long do you have to sign and return it and did he provide you a specific day in September when your car will be produced??

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did not question that in detail.  But i get my contract definitiv before the test cars are by the dealers in August in Germany. I think will get the paper in the next days, so the answer of the ineos man on phone, because of my question "never can do a test drive by myself before sign the contract.?" After signing the contract you can not cancel this decision. The ineos man tell that in Hambach all is getting the right way ,and that he has no information about things like the production month of my car is not realistic. So, i`m very hopeful to get it in Sept./Oktober this year.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=blueTdi userid=8917020 postid=1333012196]Welcome.

Getting old. ?[/QUOTE]

You or your Defender? ?

I will keep the Defender in any case and see which of the two will be the Overlander later on. Possibly the comfort will then also be critical - although I find traveling in the Defender anything but uncomfortable, sometimes jusgt a little noisy.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Cavaleiro userid=8998805 postid=1333012684]

You or your Defender? ?
[/QUOTE]

Both. ?

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
Exciting! Just received a call from Ineos UK as well - really friendly guy, spoke German very well (with English accent) and noted my change (+ extra battery). I should get an email confirmation soon and would be able to double check everything in the online account next week. Contract signing should take place short after that. Build date is (and remains) October.
Just posting this to give some credit to Ineos, who lacked some communication skills in the past weeks.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> in the country that will certainly not welcome the Grenadier.

This country badly needs optimists.
WE are the optimists and maybe one day they will envy us for doing what we wanted to do.

KBKLR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can confirm that Grange in Edinburgh have also been good and communicative and my spec confirmed with them.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Jardine Essex and Kent have been very helpful. lots of correspondence, great team to deal with so far

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Spjnr userid=8443805 postid=1333021083]Jardine Essex and Kent have been very helpful. lots of correspondence, great team to deal with so far[/QUOTE]

Wish the local dealer in the area of Cologne would be as much as supportive as you experience with your dealer. They keep it like INEOS, just don't respond at all. 

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Cavaleiro userid=8998805 postid=1333021114]

Wish the local dealer in the area of Cologne would be as much as supportive as you experience with your dealer. They keep it like INEOS, just don't respond at all. [/QUOTE]

If theres a dealer not too far away from you with better reviews, you can contact them and ask to be transferred

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Call from Tom at  Ineos today and order configuration now sorted also communication with Endeavour Cars
at Gerrards Cross ( Uk ) .

Both very helpful and restored faith in this 'project'..........long may it continue.

Thank you.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Cavaleiro I would not choose exactly this dealer! I would rather drive a few kilometres more.
As Spjnr mentioned, contact INEOS and change!

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had the call from Wollaston BMW Northampton they are my local Ineos dealer. Rob was very helpful and going to chase up the changes i would like to make to my order.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
This all is starting to sound promising.

On the other hand, as a November production order holder, I am not getting the responses I would like from INEOS.

Yesterday I spent an hour "chatting" online with INEOS. I wanted to know if previous changes to my order (back in June to which no confirmation at all has been received) results in a delay or not in my current production month.

This is a really critical issue as I would like to make a couple more changes.

The INEOS response was that some changes may/some may not change my production slot. They couldn't provide me a list of changes impacting & not impacting production slots.

But that does NOT help me.

I need to know what changes will cause a delay and what changes will not - so I can choose whether to change or not and accept its impact on delivery.

Without this I (and many many others) run a risk of requesting changes and finding out in a month or so that production has been significantly delayed.

Has anyone else having this problem??

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
wow Mark that is a huge ask. 
Small manufacturers typically batch the major items , such as paint, safari windows, engines, right/left hand drive and just in time the rest.
I assume they only have one paint line but honestly I have no idea. 
Paint would impact delivery time but could bring it forward as well as push it back. 
Just in time components would be impacted by their suppliers and Ineos wouldn't have the answer to that until close to the production time. 

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
In this early phase, where even interested buyers with a pre-payment still drop out because various circumstances may not be in their interest or others also change their configurations, etc., I find it hard to believe that I can no longer change the engine from petrol to diesel with four months' notice without receiving a later build date.

I am looking forward to the exchange with INEOS, where unfortunately so far neither the local distributor is getting in touch, nor INEOS itself. As the one or the other now here in the community says that they had dialogs with INEOS on their change requests, I would also like to hope to have clarity by the end of the week now.

Back
Top Bottom