The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Phone from Ineos Automotive

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
DaveB & Cavaleiro,

Putting aside the lack of communication - I certainly get the constraints that a car manufacturer has in this regard but I just wanted some sort of broad guide from them as to what changes would definately push production back and those that will not and are they talking about a few days delay or a week or a month - like..........give me something!!

Like:

if a delete the rear door wrap - is there any change - sorry, can't tell you!

If I delete my checkerplate - any change - sorry, can't tell you!

If I add leather seats - any change - sorry, can't tell you!

If I change colour to standard white - any change - sorry, can't tell you!

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
@grenadierboy thanks for sharing your latest experience with IG.

That sounds very disappointing. A little more transparency and open communication would keep the loyal first-time customers happy. Fortunately for INEOS, there is this forum here where people share their insights with each other, otherwise I would slowly start to think about whether I, as a potential customer, still feel perceived as a customer after two weeks without a usable answer from INEOS and without any answer at all from my regional authorized dealer here in the Cologne area.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=DaveB userid=8923052 postid=1333026126]Just select the vehicle you want and it arrives when it arrives. 
Stop worrying about shit you can't control.[/QUOTE]

You can look at it that way, but it no longer has anything to do with customer orientation. You invest a certain amount of money, give a lot of trust in advance. They should also train their customer service more expressively, should be more transparent and prevent many queries in general.

But let's stay confident, at some point they will probably be through the pile of contracts, change requests, etc. and hopefully have learned a lot.

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday i have another phone call to ineos to the hotline. Soon i get a recall from ineos, because of another change in my  configuration (will have auto mirrors and heating of the wiper system). That's work good, the ineos man was very friendly. The eMail of the two changes in my configuration arrives me during the call. The contract will be send to me in this month. The date of supply is content of the contract. The phone partner mean that in the production all is running in the right time frame. A little bit more time and the first Grenadiers are in the hands of their owners.

internal

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:38 PM
Reaction score
There was a mistake with my order in May. Emails and calls went unanswered.

Yesterday I finally got my call (from a Swiss number), correction from petrol to diesel engine was possible without any problems!

Delivery date is still for October.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
@internal This gives me hope again that I can still get the petrol engine swapped to the diesel - without losing my September build date. I remain curious.

Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
I’m not sure if they are now taking config changes through the dealer channel rather than directly through their customer service. It is really hard to find staff in the UK at the moment but I would have thought that, with all the money spent on marketing, they wouldn’t fluff the order stage. I still have my fingers crossed that by the end of July, as promised, will have my changes in place.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=DaveH1 userid=8971360 postid=1333069555]I’m not sure if they are now taking config changes through the dealer channel rather than directly through their customer service. It is really hard to find staff in the UK at the moment but I would have thought that, with all the money spent on marketing, they wouldn’t fluff the order stage. I still have my fingers crossed that by the end of July, as promised, will have my changes in place.[/QUOTE]

Hi Dave,

We had details of customers who wanted or tried to spec change their cars (October) builds only, we contacted all, spec changed and informed INEOS of these changes.

The changes will show in your summary by the end of July.

If you had an October build, tried to change the spec and haven't heard from your preferred dealer then I suggest you call them and ask.

If your build date is later than October, then hopefully the online way of changing should work by then.

I can only speak for UK orders as other markets may be different. Hope this helps.

If you are struggling in any way, let me know and I will see what I can do for you.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Quick question. I have a UK delivery, Feb 23 as projected build date. How is a 'local' dealer assigned? By me or by Ineos?

Thanks

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:38 PM
Reaction score
It's your choice.

They suggested two dealers, both about the same distance from me. I chose Krah & Enders but could have chosen any dealer I wanted.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=ECrider userid=8975784 postid=1333072146]Quick question. I have a UK delivery, Feb 23 as projected build date. How is a 'local' dealer assigned? By me or by Ineos?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

It is done via AOI market area (your postcode) whichever dealer is closet to you.

Each dealer will have an area in the UK to cover, if you are in a my AOI for Chester I would be your preferred dealer.

I think you do however have the option to pick your preferred dealer though if you don't want to go to your local for some reason.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

We had details of customers who wanted or tried to spec change their cars (October) builds only, we contacted all, spec changed and informed INEOS of these changes.

The changes will show in your summary by the end of July.

If you had an October build, tried to change the spec and haven't heard from your preferred dealer then I suggest you call them and ask.

If your build date is later than October, then hopefully the online way of changing should work by then.

I can only speak for UK orders as other markets may be different. Hope this helps.

If you are struggling in any way, let me know and I will see what I can do for you.

Thanks for your reply on this, I have an October delivery slot so hopefully things will now go to plan. I did get a call from Harwoods Southampton who was helpful and said much the same. I had previously been trying to deal with Ineos Customer service and they haven't kept to their promises in terms of callbacks or configuration changes. I have initially tried to make changes around the 20th of June and I don't think the dealers had been trigger to follow up on changes at that point.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Halliwell Jones Chester userid=9007728 postid=1333072162]

It is done via AOI market area (your postcode) whichever dealer is closet to you.

Each dealer will have an area in the UK to cover, if you are in a my AOI for Chester I would be your preferred dealer.

I think you do however have the option to pick your preferred dealer though if you don't want to go to your local for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated. So does the local dealer call me in due course to get my 'ok' to proceed or should I hunt down the closest dealer (Sevenoaks I think) and start the ball rolling/test drive them to see if fits the bill?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
What are you meaning by "OK to proceed"?

If you have ordered and Sevenoaks are your preferred dealer then you have already given the "OK to proceed".

As for a test drive, if like us here then it will be September before we see a demonstrator so not really much your local dealer can do right now if I'm honest. I'm sure they will be straight on the phone to you once they have your details and a car for you to try.

Apologies if the first part sounds a bit blunt.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks. Should've been clearer. By 'ok to proceed' I meant as in 'yes can confirm you as my chosen dealer' or 'no thanks I'm off up to Chester!'

Test drive as in sound out the dealer - see if they filled me with confidence or not.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=ECrider userid=8975784 postid=1333072295]Thanks. Should've been clearer. By 'ok to proceed' I meant as in 'yes can confirm you as my chosen dealer' or 'no thanks I'm off up to Chester!'

Test drive as in sound out the dealer - see if they filled me with confidence or not.[/QUOTE]

I get it now ha ha.

Always welcome up here, have yourself a night out in Liverpool!

I think all dealers will receive their demonstrators at the same time roughly. 

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last trip to Liverpool was about 5 years ago (to see Bibby) and I stayed in the Beatles Hotel! Could be an option again!

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Is anyone else who has a September build date and has addressed a change request waiting for an exchange on the changes with INOES or their dealer?

So far, I am still waiting for their call (September build date, Germany) and wondering a bit about the remaining time and missing contact from Ineos and not getting a response from the future dealer as well.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Cavaleiro 3 hrs ago I got call from Servicedesk. I will get a call next time from INEOS to confirm my changes, also the contract due to production month September.

Back
Top Bottom