The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Out with the old, in with the new

Shoogs

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
Update:
33” tyres and 35-40mm suspension lift.
Seperate 150Ah lithium dual battery with redarc 50A charger and smart shunt under the back seat.
ORS Rear draws with 40l evacool draw fridge, ARB twin compressor and 2000W inverter.
Lazer driving lights, Stedi st-x roof light bar, both on the highbeam circuit.
Rhino roofrack with alucab 270 awning and led strip lights on roof circuit to second batt
Underbody rock lights for no good reason.
Raised Diff breathers.
Towpro elite
UHF with custom mount and roof mounted aerial.
Rear muffler delete for upcoming LR tankView attachment 7835031
View attachment 7835025View attachment 7835026View attachment 7835027View attachment 7835028View attachment 7835029View attachment 7835030
Albrite (nato plug) relay converted to manual activation for camper charging.
Who did your fit out mate, excellent work...?

bamanuke

Production/Transit
Local time
12:50 PM
Reaction score
Thank you.
A mate did the muffler and ORS provided the draw kit. Rest was by me. Learnt quite a lot in the last 12 weeks. Plenty of trial and error, especially on the electricals.

and yes, I rate the work as excellent 😉
was the lift spring replacement pretty straightforward? I've done them on my D90 and Perentie. I don't have the luxury of a lift though and will be using floor and bottle jacks.

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
was the lift spring replacement pretty straightforward? I've done them on my D90 and Perentie. I don't have the luxury of a lift though and will be using floor and bottle jacks.
It was a bit tedious. Had to compress them which I would have preferred to avoid.
Front worse than the back

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
Yes it was custom fabricated from a few 3” bends and a v-band clamp.
There is absolutely zero difference in the sound. Honestly nothing at all. Not even a bit.
thanks,
how much does the stock exhaust approximately weight?

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Awesome work mate! I'm very interested in how the LR tank fits.
Can I ask who is making it?

Jetjockey

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
What an amazing setup.
May I asked how/where you place the compressor?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
I wish we could get away with taking the rear exhaust box off in the U.K. A perfect place for the auxiliary fuel tank especially with mine as a petrol with no adblue tank. I fear it wouldn’t pass an emissions test or an MOT

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I wish we could get away with taking the rear exhaust box off in the U.K. A perfect place for the auxiliary fuel tank especially with mine as a petrol with no adblue tank. I fear it wouldn’t pass an emissions test or an MOT
I've not had a good look at the exhaust, but (especially on the petrol) wouldn't the rear box just be a noise suppression unit? So no difference in emissions, just sound. Shouldn't affect mot, as long as the pipes still terminate out the back and not at the axle

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've not had a good look at the exhaust, but (especially on the petrol) wouldn't the rear box just be a noise suppression unit? So no difference in emissions, just sound. Shouldn't affect mot, as long as the pipes still terminate out the back and not at the axle
I hope that’s the case. I’m no expert but if it could be removed and still be legal then that’s a winner for me. It would leave a big void for a fuel tank 😎

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I hope that’s the case. I’m no expert but if it could be removed and still be legal then that’s a winner for me. It would leave a big void for a fuel tank 😎
That was the case on my JK wrangler diesel. I cut the thing off and it made very little difference

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Moved the factory sliders outwards, upwards and tilted the angle down a bit. Just need to re-powdercoat and I’ll be happy.
I’m calling them “slide-steps”.
Now my little lady can climb in and out
IMG_1629.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1630.jpeg
    IMG_1630.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom