The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Out with the old, in with the new

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:13 AM
Reaction score
Agreed. That 90 does look like a really sorted piece of kit. With it being antipodean I would like to think there isn’t much rust on it either.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:13 PM
Reaction score
Nice. I said goodbye to this little champ on the weekend in anticipation of my Grenadier arriving home this week. The Pajero Sport was amazing value for money and a much more capable 4wd than it has any right to be and I will miss some aspects of it (ACC for one and multiview cameras) but excited for my new beast. IMG_0743.jpeg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed. That 90 does look like a really sorted piece of kit. With it being antipodean I would like to think there isn’t much rust on it either.
Tends to depend upon beach use or not. And if you launch trailer boats into the sea...

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
Nice. I said goodbye to this little champ on the weekend in anticipation of my Grenadier arriving home this week. The Pajero Sport was amazing value for money and a much more capable 4wd than it has any right to be and I will miss some aspects of it (ACC for one and multiview cameras) but excited for my new beast. View attachment 7824326
a bloke at work went def 110 to a new paj sport and is now eying off my grenny. he's been happy with his mitsy too

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
plenty of honest use, but always clean and dried - absolutely zero signs of any rust. i hope its new custodian takes the same level of care over on the east coast.

looking forward to doing much more of the same with the grenny (and all of its extra space will be a real treat!)

Attachments

• def.jpg
    def.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 146

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m Dan, in Perth Western Australia.
Just swapped my 90 for a Trialmaster diesel.
Cracking on with fitting it out now.
Update:
33” tyres and 35-40mm suspension lift.
Seperate 150Ah lithium dual battery with redarc 50A charger and smart shunt under the back seat.
ORS Rear draws with 40l evacool draw fridge, ARB twin compressor and 2000W inverter.
Lazer driving lights, Stedi st-x roof light bar, both on the highbeam circuit.
Rhino roofrack with alucab 270 awning and led strip lights on roof circuit to second batt
Underbody rock lights for no good reason.
Raised Diff breathers.
Towpro elite
UHF with custom mount and roof mounted aerial.
Rear muffler delete for upcoming LR tankIMG_4122.jpeg
IMG_1554.jpegIMG_1526.jpegIMG_1479.jpegIMG_1478.jpegIMG_1410.jpegIMG_1394.jpeg
Albrite (nato plug) relay converted to manual activation for camper charging.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Update:
Seperate 150Ah lithium dual battery with redarc 50A charger and smart shunt under the back seat.
ORS Rear draws with 40l evacool draw fridge, ARB twin compressor and 2000W inverter.
Rhino roofrack with alucab 270 awning and led strip lights on roof circuit to second batt
Raised Diff breathers.
Towpro elite
Rear muffler delete for upcoming LR tankView attachment 7835031
View attachment 7835025View attachment 7835026View attachment 7835027View attachment 7835028View attachment 7835029View attachment 7835030
Albrite (nato plug) relay converted to manual activation for camper charging

Is that the eibach lifted springs? Also could you give a better side view photo please. How's clearance with the 33 on the rear door?
And lastly new overall height?
And do we know literage of aux tank coming with that muffler removed??? 🤞

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is that the eibach lifted springs? Also could you give a better side view photo please. How's clearance with the 33 on the rear door?
And lastly new overall height?
And do we know literage of aux tank coming with that muffler removed??? 🤞
Yes ebiach raised springs.
The nitto 285/70/17 tyres clear everywhere fine without the lift. Back door is about 20mm at the tightest point.
First measure up indicated i get 50-55L in there. If the adblue tanks were not there it would free up close to another 35L due to the space abouve/around them.

Here is a photo half way through to give you a feel for it:
IMG_1582.jpeg

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:13 AM
Reaction score
I was looking at the US versions and wondering if there'd be tank extensions since there's no AdBlue. Would love to follow how you're adding the new tank.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Update:
Raised Diff breathers.
Towpro elite
View attachment 7835025View attachment 7835026View attachment 7835027View attachment 7835028View attachment 7835029View attachment 7835030
Great work @ninetubes 👏 (y)
If I may...Was wondering what brand of raised diff breathers you installed, how you connected them to the axles (and presumably also the Transfer case and auto transmission?) and where they're "terminated" presumably in the engine bay...
Thanks!

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
Great work!
How does it sounds with the new straight pipe?
Can you post one video?
Is this a custom work?

Thanks

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
Update:
Raised Diff breathers.
Towpro elite
I believe in Austrila you guys can't run 35 on the street but do you think a 35 will fit with the lift?

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great work @ninetubes 👏 (y)
If I may...Was wondering what brand of raised diff breathers you installed, how you connected them to the axles (and presumably also the Transfer case and auto transmission?) and where they're "terminated" presumably in the engine bay...
Thanks!
I used M10x1.0 threaded pneumatic fittings and 8mm push tube. Same as the commercially available ones, but I had to search for correct metric threads. The usual 1/8” bsp ones are really close, but it’s not right and binds after a couple of threads.
I’ve run them up into the back LHS corner of the engine bay under the lip of the wing.
Tbox & trans breathers are already quite high. For my purposes I’ve left them alone.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
It’d be close. I wouldn’t like to say yes or no either way.
Thanks, the back locks like it would be tight
Maybe when mine comes, I'll mess around with a 34 firsr and see after the lift is installed.

Back
Top Bottom