The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ordering problems- web site crashes, payment gateway errors

Local time
5:47 AM
Reaction score
The UK web site is taking orders from today. No issues with the configurator or the pricing although there are a couple of options that are not yet available, but not a major issue by any means.

Then its time to check out......   when you get to the check out, you just get looped around error messages and gateway not responding messages. All other large businesses seem to manage with no problems, yet INEOS seems to suffer at every stage of the last few months with web site crashes.? Not exactly what you would expect from such a company! 

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
I guess they didn't expect somebody to order the first day, so they have put the checkout-bugs on the stack for later fixing - just to get the configurator up and running as a top priority.

Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
Yep same here
i do have a payment pending for £2,050.00 in my bank but no confirmation online or email so who knows
I tried twice more and they just came up payment error 

Rocket

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
Wow, I’m placing an order online for a AUS$112,000 car and the INIOS website won’t text me the verification code to allow MasterCard to close the deal☹️ Now what?

Local time
Reaction score
Same here. It took me 20 tries (at least ...) before I managed to fight my way through the order and payment process. I got the email confirmation from Ineos now, which I hope is a promising sign 

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
... if not a 20 times payment ... ?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Got all the way to the end. PAYMENT ERROR

It can’t even be bothered to send me a code now, just pops up with the same message as above. Must have tried 20 times.

Rung customer care, no chance of speaking to them.

Given up on both not tbh. 
A great start and not that bothered about trying again. I refuse to believe they have been that inundated with orders. Apple manage it with rather more orders on day one of a product so I know it’s not that hard

Local time
Reaction score
I agree, far from a good start. I have managed to place my order around 4 hours ago. My local dealer rang me to say they had issues with some of the options allowing you to choose two types of the same option. For example the rough option which includes the BF tyres, but you could also pick the BF from the tyre options. Not sure if this was related to the check out problem or not. It certainly does confirm that BETA testing of the web site has been a massive failure, which is a real shame.

I did find myself when you get the payment gateway to load, your name must be entered exactly as it shows on the card, and the card you are using must be linked to your CURRENT mobile/cell phone as they do send a verification to complete the payment. My payment failed twice as I wasnt entering the MR on the card name section.

Hope it helps!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If the credit card verification process (pop up window) does not work from a Windows PC, try via a mobile phone.
With my Firefox Browser I got a blank Pop Up Window several times. Trying with the IPhone it worked out the first time without problems!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I’m using an iPad, so no windows involved and I have been through all my details and tried two cards. Still no luck. I hope their vehicles aren’t as sensitive as their website. 

Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
Had 4 lots of payment taken out today! Check your bank!

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Had the same problems ref Credit Card payment but was also surprised to see the "on Road Costs for Queensland Australia" came up at a wopping $17.000 would you believe. Just as well it did knock my credit card back as Ive now reconsidered the whole purchase of a Grenadier and will shop around for a Tojo. The Ineos  back up situation here in Northern Australia is hopeless once you leave the East Coast. Nothing in Mt Isa, nothing in Tennant Creek or Katherine or Broom or Alice Springs. You have to make it up to Darwin to get help. It reflects the exact same attitude that Land Rover Australia employed here and look where it got them.
Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man
Australia

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
Hi Les,
I suspect much of the $17K is Luxury Car Tax, Qld Stamp duty plus rego and CTP.

Once the total invoiced price   jumps above $100k (even by 1 cent) in Qld (i.e. vehicel+ all options+ GST+ LCT but excluding rego and CTP)  the Qld stamp duty increases an additional $2k!   Ineos have put in a submission for a release from the LCT...good luck with that given the national election $$$$promises this weekend!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
OK, have just had a call back from the IG Help Line! There's an issue with international payments and one time security codes for credit card payments. "They're working on it" was the apologetic response. I must admit to a degree of sympathy for their IT team   ... the established players (e.g. Amazon,Apple et al) have invested literally billions in their payment systems over the past twenty years... it's fiendishly complex. Just hope they can get it debugged...

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I tried again today to order mine. Still a build date of PAYMENT ERROR. I hear what you are saying DenisM but I have little sympathy to be honest. I had reconsidered after yesterday and wasn’t going to order one. I tried (over 30 times) and if they don’t want my money I will go elsewhere. I relented because I really was looking forward to my first and last NEW vehicle and tried to order again today. Pressed pay and didn’t even get to put my unique code in, it just came back with payment error. The second time I got to input a code and got the same message. Now given up again as I was fuming last night and I am not going to let a sh*te computer system do it to me today. i am sure Jim Ratcliffe has no idea but if he does he should be kicking some IT experts (?) backside all round the the boardroom for this debacle. What I am sure will be a great vehicles launch tarnished by customers not being able to order, being charged multiple times, it’s a joke. I am still waiting to hear from Customer services both by phone and email, however they have thankfully given me time to reconsider and I am now looking into a Toyota Hilux and if that will fit my needs better. It will certainly be cheaper. It’s not a definite decision yet but how many more orders have they lost. I don’t know. Are you the lucky ones for completing your order or are we the fortunate ones for not being able to give our money away ?

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
Shaky said:
I tried again today to order mine. Still a build date of PAYMENT ERROR. 

I got PAYMENT ERROR all day yesterday and went to bed ready to jack it all in. Tried again this morning and payment went through first time. I think the website just got overwhelmed, especially when our friends in the USA started jumping online from about 11am GMT ?

OG1

Local time
Reaction score
The ORC & taxes are the state or federal expenses. Are you suggesting this is the fault or error of INEOS? At least it’s transparent!
At the drive experience I was told that the Agents selected had other businesses is central & west QLD (Pickerings) to support customers. Also there is open source access to parts info, repair info & parts ordering system for customers & non-authorized network.
maybe try having a chat with the team & find out a bit more about the plans. Just a thought.

OG1

Local time
Reaction score
DenisM said:
Hi Les,
I suspect much of the $17K is Luxury Car Tax, Qld Stamp duty plus rego and CTP.

Once the total invoiced price   jumps above $100k (even by 1 cent) in Qld (i.e. vehicel+ all options+ GST+ LCT but excluding rego and CTP)  the Qld stamp duty increases an additional $2k!   Ineos have put in a submission for a release from the LCT...good luck with that given the national election $$$$promises this weekend!

OG1

Local time
Reaction score
I questioned this application for LCT exemption and was told.
There is precedent of exceptions (Toyota, Jeep & another I can’t recall), so they have engaged a global accounting firm & lawyers to engage with the ATO. They went through a consultation phase & have submitted an application. They might not get an outcome for a couple of months. Apparently the ATO even look at how the vehicle is marketed. But apparently as a medium goods vehicle with GVM over 3.5T it stands a reasonable chance of consideration.
so I don’t believe it’s an election related issue.

Back
Top Bottom