The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ordering problems- web site crashes, payment gateway errors

OG1

Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
Shaky said:
I tried again today to order mine. Still a build date of PAYMENT ERROR. I hear what you are saying DenisM but I have little sympathy to be honest. I had reconsidered after yesterday and wasn’t going to order one. I tried (over 30 times) and if they don’t want my money I will go elsewhere. I relented because I really was looking forward to my first and last NEW vehicle and tried to order again today. Pressed pay and didn’t even get to put my unique code in, it just came back with payment error. The second time I got to input a code and got the same message. Now given up again as I was fuming last night and I am not going to let a sh*te computer system do it to me today. i am sure Jim Ratcliffe has no idea but if he does he should be kicking some IT experts (
1f603.png
) backside all round the the boardroom for this debacle. What I am sure will be a great vehicles launch tarnished by customers not being able to order, being charged multiple times, it’s a joke. I am still waiting to hear from Customer services both by phone and email, however they have thankfully given me time to reconsider and I am now looking into a Toyota Hilux and if that will fit my needs better. It will certainly be cheaper. It’s not a definite decision yet but how many more orders have they lost. I don’t know. Are you the lucky ones for completing your order or are we the fortunate ones for not being able to give our money away ?

OG1

Local time
Reaction score
Was discussing this with selected delivery agent yesterday. Apparently about 80% of orders went through fine after the initial traffic subsided. Of those who couldn’t place an order, about half was their issue & the other half issues with the payment gateway. Which I assume they use a vendor like most other e-commerce platforms.
The percentage info was interesting, but then when I pressed for actual numbers this wasn’t forthcoming. Actually seemed like he didn’t know.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
This situation reeks of lack of preparation. The old military term (the 5 P's) Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance comes to mind. I am no longer in the mix for a Grenadier at this stage, and talking to Toyota, I picked up the vibe that incorporating the word "military" in their description for the GXL 76 Land Cruiser played some part in avoiding Luxury Car Tax here in Australia. All this should have been sorted before the Grenadier went on sale and points to someone not doing their job properly. The same can be said for the problems emerging with the software situation. The approach adopted here in Australia by Ineos almost guarantees no one working on the land would consider purchasing a Grenadier, particularly those in the more remote locations. Due to the fact that I have a lot to do with people working in the Australian Bush, my assessment is very well founded. By the way, I have no doubt the vehicle is a very good product, but the administration must be sorted out and a few people need to get their backside kicked until their nose bleeds. CheersLes Hiddins AMBush Tucker ManAustralia

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
Hi Les
Sounds like you are suffering from grumpy old man syndrome 
It is however a bit annoying and I am holding off buying until they have the glitches and pricing sorted
I tend to agree with you that they might not be the best choice yet for remote people 
Despite all the talk about farmers and things I really thing they mean gentleman farmers and people like myself who are not planning on going bush for months on end

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've thought long and hard about the maintenance issues and dealerships etc.
 The engine is de-rated presumably for longevity, but like all modern engines are, it 's complex and catastrophic failure will require a well equipped workshop...as does severe failure on a Toyota V8 diesel....
The gearbox fitted to the diesel is the ZF  HP76 8speed which has been "specially strengthened"according to the blurb. I read elsewhere that the  "76" code refers to the max sustainable torque rating (760) in Nm. The B57 diesel in the IG is rated at 550NM . The petrol version (B58 450Nm) has the ZF51 (510 Nm) box.
On that basis the diesel version transmission with the Tremec transfer case and all the other HD underpinnings speaks to a design with longevity in mind. No machinery is fool proof. I'm confident therefore that all being equal I will be able to venture out with some confidence! (At 75 I'm pushing up the median obviously on this forum... ?)

OG1

Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Les Hiddins  Bushguide userid=8850676 postid=1332672100]This situation reeks of lack of preparation. The old military term (the 5 P's) Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance comes to mind. I am no longer in the mix for a Grenadier at this stage, and talking to Toyota, I picked up the vibe that incorporating the word "military" in their description for the GXL 76 Land Cruiser played some part in avoiding Luxury Car Tax here in Australia. All this should have been sorted before the Grenadier went on sale and points to someone not doing their job properly. The same can be said for the problems emerging with the software situation. The approach adopted here in Australia by Ineos almost guarantees no one working on the land would consider purchasing a Grenadier, particularly those in the more remote locations. Due to the fact that I have a lot to do with people working in the Australian Bush, my assessment is very well founded. By the way, I have no doubt the vehicle is a very good product, but the administration must be sorted out and a few people need to get their backside kicked until their nose bleeds. CheersLes Hiddins AMBush Tucker ManAustralia[/QUOTE]

OG1

Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like the INEOS isn’t for you then. Always easy for folks to sit back on the sideline and take shots when they haven’t invested any time to research the facts. Throw away comments, back in the day opinion, doesn’t arm anyone with credibility in a modern era auto distribution.
Will be interesting to see how far you get with Toyota. Would be good to understand how they value your past with LR & that as a corporate policy they try to shy away from overt military involvement. If you go anything other than 70 series, see how the LCT stacks up. Best of luck.

OG1

Local time
Reaction score
Come on Les. As for the ‘vibe’ of military reference & GXL is complete and utter nonsense. The Toyota application to the ATO is very clear, as it is for other brands. There’s clear criteria for payload & then there’s the ATO’s subjective assessment of the vehicle marketing as a passenger vehicle or a load lugger. The 76 may feature as a ‘white fleet’ vehicle for ADF. Nothing more. The G-Wagon holds the lions share of volume & that did nothing for the entire range of G-wagons & LCT.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So first up, @Bushguide, you were an inspiration for a lifetime of remote travel, desert expeditions and cultural exchange for me - many thanks.

I have a bit of a different perspective on the question of service network. I reckon the Ineos idea of encouraging mechanical workshops to certify on Grenadiers is a fundamentally stronger model than the prevailing dealership-centric approach of the majors.  As you rightly point out, this model results in poor service outside major centres.

The complication of the Ineos approach is that it will take time to emerge, and risks a chicken-egg type issue illustrated by your concerns… where local service businesses have no reason to certify because there are insufficient owner demand in their catchment area and conversely owners don’t emerge due to the lack of local service options.

I had great experience with the Bosch centres elsewhere in the world but I gather these are not a feature in the areas you list.

All up I’d rather have a more open platform with improved field serviceability than pay for costly dealerships.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for that Jonathon and Hannah,
Glad you were inspired by the TV series Bush Tucker Man and can go out and enjoy the Great Australian Outback. Im sure you will do very well driving a Grenadier as its looking like a superb product and one that the market place needs.  As you can see by my previous comments I am disappointed in the arrangements here in Australia. It will be OK in the East Coast but once you venture inland, you are on your own. Someone has not done their job very well I suspect, and the fact that you get slugged with the Luxury Car Tax in your On Road costs is unbelievable. Land Rover at least had a local contact point in Alice Springs (Sutton Motors), but Ineos has yet to even arrange that point of call. You are correct with the Chicken and Egg observation. Anyway, Im still doing a lot of Bushwork in the NT and QLD as well as Central Australia and am in the process of purchasing a Toyota 76 series.
See you down the track
Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man

Local time
Reaction score
Hello
I´ve tried to do my payment for the 2050,-€ for a couple of days. Either I get a blank site or a failure by card. I´ve tried several Broswers (Firefox/Chrome/Edge) also im private mode on several devices. Didn´t have any luck at all.
I`ve phoned the hotline today. The very friendly man asked me for a little patience. The failure is known and will be fixed the next days.

But still wondering why payment from some members here did work.
1f644.png

Regards, Helge

Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been trying for days and get refused every time on payment.  I complained to their customer services and they advised me to use a different browser. As if I hadn’t tried that.  Extremely disappointed so far.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Prisoners_dilemma said:
I’ve been trying for days and get refused every time on payment.  I complained to their customer services and they advised me to use a different browser. As if I hadn’t tried that.  Extremely disappointed so far.
I would stop trying and just wait a week or two.
Last thing you want is for all of those attempts to suddenly work 
Everyone has waited for two years and now want to order on the first day.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
Prisoners_dilemma said:

Strange how some people still having such problems.

have you tried using a different card?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am surprised I keep hearing people say they are using credit cards to pay their deposit. 
Hopefully they are using them as debit cards to access cash in their accounts. 
I guess most of us will be financing a large portion of this purchase but surely not by credit card. 

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
OG1 made the comment that As a corporate policy they (Toyota) try to shy away from overt military involvement. Really? So thats why Toyota classify one of their 4x4 vehicles as a L.C. "Military" GXL and another as a "Troop Carrier". And that explains why nearly every 4x4 in the Middle East with a machine gun mounted on it is a Toyota.And thats why they also supplied the entire 4x4 vehicle fleet to the Australian Army North Force when it was first established in Darwin. I even had one issued to me for my Field Research at that time. It even explains why Toyota in the past have put their hand up in a bid for the Australian Army 4x4 contract. I suspect OG1 may be much closer to the problems being discussed here than is being admitted.Les Hiddins AMBush Tucker Man 

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Look at that.. a Toyota in the Australian Army. Who would have thunk it?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Prisoners_dilemma said:

Try using a mobile phone instead of a laptop. The Master Card issuer in my case sends a one-time code text message which appeared on the screen...I typed that in and the exchange proceeded almost instantaneously. I'd been unsuccessfully attempting the transfer using a laptop for the previous 24 hrs....

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
DaveB said:
I am surprised I keep hearing people say they are using credit cards to pay their deposit. 
Hopefully they are using them as debit cards to access cash in their accounts. 
I guess most of us will be financing a large portion of this purchase but surely not by credit card. 

The only way to pay the deposit is by either Master Card or Visa... no other option e.g. direct deposit was offered as far as I am aware...

Back
Top Bottom