The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ordering online

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
Yes - only estimated  November 2022. Spoke Ineos today, apparently emails are coming soon with build dates but that's all they knew.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
November, that's decent. I've got Feb 23. Would be nice to have for some of the season.

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
 I reserved on 30/9/21, Ordered 18/5/22. I ordered a fairly basic commercial SW in the hope of getting an August/September build.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
J8hn. I have exactly the same. November 2022. I reserved early on 30/9/21 but had terrible problems getting my order through. Ordered successfully on 25/5, so it looks as though Ineos were true to their word and kept everyone in an orderly queue.  I ordered the Trialmaster with a few accessories like heated seats, side runners, tinted windows. If the build slot stays the same what are peoples opinions for delivery time after that. I have in my head after Christmas if I am honest. To far back or do you think it would arrive before then. I know there are variables such as what day or week it’s built in.

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As I understand it, Ineos are hoping to start production in July and the initial stock is earmarked for dealer stock, which makes sense. However a number of people have said their estimated build dates are for August, September and October, so if Ineos are allocating in strict order of reservation, I find it hard to fathom how we ended out with an estimated November build, given we both reserved early on day 1. In answer to your question regarding delivery dates I suspect there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, having been caught out by the volumes of orders and various system issues. This may well result in a number of builds being rescheduled. If  November get confirmed as a the build month, then I would anticipate at least  a further three weeks to arrive, so your post Xmas date could well be accurate, in which case it is likely to be early January, as nothing will happen between Xmas and the New Year.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Seems to make a lot of sense. I did put my November date down as being late to order (not my fault). I had seen one or two with September dates but certainly not august. Which that being the case you have a valid question on how did we end up with November slots. 

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed - I've asked the question  quite a few times (emails and calls) -but so far non the wiser.

Local time
Reaction score
Got to payment on my order and the payment went through but the website crashed and no invoice was issued. Waiting now for two weeks and still not resolved. Need to initiate multiple queries as the response from INEOS was redo the process but as I had already paid the $4200AUD I am reluctant to do this until they have acknowledged receipt of my deposit. It is being escalated as multiple responses from INEOS were to redo the transaction. Finally was advised over the phone that I was given the wrong advice and this is being escalated so I can have an invoice and build slot. Fingers crossed..........

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
It’s bits like this that worry me.  I am confident the vehicle will be fine (within reason), however it’s everything else around it that will most likely be the culprit of everything going south at some point. 

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:08 AM
Reaction score
I'm curious to learn if anyone has signed the "contract of sale" and can share what the process is like.

Personally I would like to change some of the options that I've signed up to and wondering how difficult this process is going to be.

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I believe the contracts are due to arrive 60 days before your confirmed build dates and at that time you can make some changes to the vehicle spec but I don't think you can make changes to the model and engine. Having said that the whole process seems to be fluid so we will just have to wait and see

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke with INEOS on the phone last week on this issue.

They confirmed that changes to your order can be made any time up to 60 days before the "to be confirmed" production date.

The INEOS rep also confirmed that the contract will need to be signed at the same time - 60 days before the production date.

He said that changes to both the interior and exterior can be made but not to major items like the engine, transmission (although there is no choice!), although he was a bit vague about what other items were "large"!

Finally - he said that you can request a change over the phone  or via email. Then INEOS would send a confirmation/acknowledgement.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> but not to major items like the engine

Is this blocked before the 60 days or only within the 60 days?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=emax userid=8900646 postid=1332795561]> but not to major items like the engine

Is this blocked before the 60 days or only within the 60 days?

[/QUOTE]

emax - no "major" changes from when you first order: i.e. I ordered a diesel SW a few weeks ago. He told me I could not now change to petrol!

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Do you think changing the paint scheme would count as major? For example, if you'd chosen black and it was scheduled to be built in a run of black cars and then you decided you wanted white, I'd imagine that may be a problem.

I guess we'll find out nearer the time.

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
G-Man - I asked my dealer about changing the colour after placing the initial order. According to him it should be possible (without causing a delay in delivery / losing the slot). However this is not an official statement from Ineos but only from the dealer.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I thought you could change the colour and that is based on something I read on here. After thinking about it, what gave me that impression was quite a few people talking about changing the colour from what they had originally ordered. If it transpires that you can’t, then I think there will be a few a bit miffed on here. 

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=G-Man userid=8989993 postid=1332801988]Do you think changing the paint scheme would count as major? For example, if you'd chosen black and it was scheduled to be built in a run of black cars and then you decided you wanted white, I'd imagine that may be a problem.

I guess we'll find out nearer the time.[/QUOTE]

I expressly asked about colour change, adding raised air intake, tyres and checker plate. The answer was yes to all.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Having placed my order for an SW with extras yesterday (Deposit last October) I have an estimated delivery date of December. The only thing concerning me now, is what price diesel likely to reach. I think we could see £2.50 per litre by winter. 

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Cheshire cat userid=8997814 postid=1332819383]Having placed my order for an SW with extras yesterday (Deposit last October) I have an estimated delivery date of December. The only thing concerning me now, is what price diesel likely to reach. I think we could see £2.50 per litre by winter. [/QUOTE]

I have been thinking the same things over myself. It brought it home to me the other day when I filled up my Amarok for £140 and that does 32mpg on average. It set me thinking “why have I just ordered a vehicle that does around 22mpg ?”. I was paying £1.86 litre for diesel and like you say I can see it being around £2.20ish by the time the IG is delivered.

Crazy times and very frightening for some I’m afraid

Back
Top Bottom