The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Order heading to production without a contract or a local agent!

Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi All - after coming late to the forum and reading all of the views on some of the extra's, I have decided to add the rough pack, auxiliary battery and high load electrics to my update - not because I think I will need them, but as many have pointed out they are good value from the outset, and should help re-sale values (although not intending to sell for years).
Checked with the agent how I could make the changes, to be told it wasn't possible as my order was heading for production in Jan - meaning if not started then the next 10days. This is interesting as:
1) I have no contract - and the rules are, production doesn't until you do
2) There is no Portuguese agent to send me a contract - or confirm final tax with
3) On another email, Ineos noted that final changes would be possible with the local agent
4) My original build-date was July, the last update was March, and it is now Jan! Nice to move up quickly but why?

so questions are:

1) does anyone else have a Jan build date without a contract?
2) is anyone else expecting to be able to make final changes?
3) any explanation for the change in date? Basic configuration, higher production, cancelled orders?

i was told there are delays in sending out contracts for Jan build-dates - so seems this applies to more than Portugal.

Thanks

Local time
Reaction score
Ineos contacted me today and took a record of the changes I requested. They can't provide an updated PDF order, but they got in touch as promised and haven't come back to say they couldn't accommodate the changes or that the build gets put back. We'll see what happens when the contract comes through but I am hoping this is all ok........just need a Portuguese agent now!

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
Monday build date - 23/1/23 - no sign of contract.
I don’t really care about the no contract business - as long as it doesn’t hold up the production/delivery date.
Doesn’t stop me from checking my email first thing every morning though.

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t really care about the no contract business - as long as it doesn’t hold up the production/delivery date.
It’s very interesting to see the diversity of opinions on this.
I wonder whether these track with industry/jurisdiction experience or something else?

One of the mental preparations for international overlanding/remote use is accepting that one might need to walk away from ones’ crippled/unrecoverable/uninsured vehicle.
I accordingly find myself being interested in the quality/reliability of the product more than anything else.

This also tracks with the capital project world where (despite other efforts) ’manufacturing’ systems trump ‘business’ system until first production is attained and stable. Perhaps this is all an unintended consequence of a petrochemicals brand turning to complex products and bringing a bit of that culture with it?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
A few days ago, I dropped by our local agent in Brisbane in their new premises in Hayward St Stafford Qld. They've done a great job (y)
The "Donny grey" prototype from the Mt Tambourine drive day was on static display. It had been detailed and positively 'sparkled". Logging into the Ineos portal my order was displayed in detail on the big screen. As I had expected, due to a significant order amendment a couple of months ago, the build date had slipped from Dec 2022 to a confirmed "02/2023" . I was advised that as orders and build dates are being "rationalised", the anticipated 'receipt of contract' date is now running approximately 10 days prior to build commencement. I therefore don't expect to see a contract for a couple of weeks, nor the vehicle before May (shipping times), This fits nicely with the beginning of the late autumn/winter touring season in northern Australia. Meanwhile.... prepare and plan!!

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
Doesn’t stop me from checking my email first thing every morning though.
The same here. My build was the 24th. I check email several times a day!

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder whether these track with industry/jurisdiction experience or something else?

One of the mental preparations for international overlanding/remote use is accepting that one might need to walk away from ones’ crippled/unrecoverable/uninsured vehicle.
I accordingly find myself being interested in the quality/reliability of the product more than anything else.

This also tracks with the capital project world where (despite other efforts) ’manufacturing’ systems trump ‘business’ system until first production is attained and stable. Perhaps this is all an unintended consequence of a petrochemicals brand turning to complex products and bringing a bit of that culture with it?
Exactly right! The B737Max debacle is a sorry example of consequences when business managers unduly pressure proven "mission critical" engineering/manufacturing processes...

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't care if I sign the contract now or the day I pay the balance & pickup the vehicle, as long as it arrives when they tell me it is due.

My only concern is I have selected heated seats and carpet mats; when I login and download my order summary they are listed, but when my dealer does the same thing on his end they are not listed. When I rock up to collect it it better have the heated seats fitted (at least the mats can be retro fitted).

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't care if I sign the contract now or the day I pay the balance & pickup the vehicle, as long as it arrives when they tell me it is due.

My only concern is I have selected heated seats and carpet mats; when I login and download my order summary they are listed, but when my dealer does the same thing on his end they are not listed. When I rock up to collect it it better have the heated seats fitted (at least the mats can be retro fitted).
You caan have the heater element from my black leather seats - I doubt those switches will ever get touched in Qld. 😂😂😂

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Come and visit Vic Leon - in the High Country you will want to sleep on your front seats.
Done that a couple of times mate. Always found a jumper and pair of long pants has done the trick. 😉😂😂

I recall one night on the Anne Beadell getting out of the swag to have a pee and cracking the ice as I peeled the cover back. That night was bloody cold.

In all seriousness it does get coldish in parts of Oz (high country the most) but I never seem to be sitting in my car when I’m freezing the most. Perhaps that’s the new remedy. 😉

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We had an 8 degree morning last winter
thats the temp in my kitchen overnight (7.5 degrees c)

got a thermostat issue and the range is knackered

Back
Top Bottom