The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS call confirming changes/contract/production

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
INEOS called today to confirm that the rear door contrast colour will not be an available option.

I asked what my new production date was & if all my other requested changes back in June & July would impact my production date.

The very helpful representative confirmed the following:

1. INEOS will call back in 2 weeks & advise my "new" production date & when to receive a contract.

2. My previously requested changes (to my May order via email in June) would NOT affect my "new" production because I requested them PRIOR to the further production delay announcement a week or so ago.

3. Further changes (and I want a couple more!) can still be requested and should done so on the call in 2 weeks and on that call INEOS will advise whether these additional changes will or will not push my production back & if so, by how much.

4. I asked about about current production and was advised it will be only around 20 cars per day until the end of November then it is expected to increase to 90 units per day.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
So that will be more or less 200 cars in October and 400 and November. Maybe in December the output would go up to 1200 - 1800 units.
With some luck the first of us will have a car built in December delivered in January.
Who wants do be first :)

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@grenadierboy
1.-3. is the same the Ineos representive told me 6 weeks ago and in August. They seem to have the same speech note since month.
Only news is 4. about production. But it is really slow, I think it will be February, not September when I get my car. ☹️

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
I just received a message in my office that someone from the INEOS team called yesterday to confirm my configuration with me, as this is the basis for my contract, which is being prepared. He wants to get back in touch in the next few days. Let's see what that means? :unsure:
So it goes on! I'm glad about that. Then maybe it can park under the Christmas tree after all.😃

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just received a message in my office that someone from the INEOS team called yesterday to confirm my configuration with me, as this is the basis for my contract, which is being prepared. He wants to get back in touch in the next few days. Let's see what that means? :unsure:
So it goes on! I'm glad about that. Then maybe it can park under the Christmas tree after all.😃
Rovie - what is your original production month?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Rovie - what is your original production month?
Immediately after ordering for a very few days (I didn't look every day), August 2022 was in my account. Then September 2022 was displayed.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Immediately after ordering for a very few days (I didn't look every day), August 2022 was in my account. Then September 2022 was displayed.
August 2022 would be the earliest date I have heard of so far.
What are your specifications? ((Roof-)Color, motor, locks, second battery, wheels,…)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
With some luck the first of us will have a car built in December delivered in January.
Who wants do be first :)

Aren't the first customer cars starting to be built this month - October?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
at 20 cars per day- depends on how many more PTO's & LS they are intending to produce

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
August 2022 would be the earliest date I have heard of so far.
What are your specifications? ((Roof-)Color, motor, locks, second battery, wheels,…)
Trial, Diesel, Magic mushroom (but I would also change the colour if necessary, it is secondary for my purposes), fixed tow ball. I have chosen this configuration from the beginning and have not made a single change.
Actually, I only need the off-road capability.
However, since I am familiar with industrial processes and have a good insight into some industries, I know that deviations from the standard product always lead to additional costs and possibly delays.
Therefore, I decided to go for the standard and accept the included things like increased air intake, ladder, additional battery, compass and the jacket. I could have done without these.
I get everything else I need in the aftermarket.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As mentioned above, I would like to add a Roo bar but if it means a substantial delay then I will go for an aftermarket bar as I am sure ARB and many others will make efficient and creative versions.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As mentioned above, I would like to add a Roo bar but if it means a substantial delay then I will go for an aftermarket bar as I am sure ARB and many others will make efficient and creative versions.
Roo bar is fitted by the dealer so shouldn't delay the manufacturing, but may delay the delivery

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Roo bar is fitted by the dealer so shouldn't delay the manufacturing, but may delay the delivery
Do you know where the Roo bar is made? I'm thinking of fitting one in such a way that I can easily dismantle it again. I would buy it directly from a dealer and assemble it myself. However, if it came from Australia, the transport would be very expensive.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you know where the Roo bar is made? I'm thinking of fitting one in such a way that I can easily dismantle it again. I would buy it directly from a dealer and assemble it myself. However, if it came from Australia, the transport would be very expensive.
I think they are only available in Australia and South Africa at the moment and they bolt on to the metal bumper.
Or through the metal bumper into the frame.
So you would need to have a metal bumper model , which is not available in Europe or UK.
They will probably also be available in North America but not sure.
I think it is an ARB product.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think they are only available in Australia and South Africa at the moment and they bolt on to the metal bumper.
Or through the metal bumper into the frame.
So you would need to have a metal bumper model , which is not available in Europe or UK.
They will probably also be available in North America but not sure.
I think it is an ARB product.
I can't get approval with the metal bumper. I would therefore weld a connection to the frame, which I would pin there with bolts. So that I can easily remove the Roo-bar when I ride on public roads. Perhaps, unfortunately, they also come from China, like the Side Runners. That would be obvious, as they are very similar.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Grenadier boy from Armadale
is your local dealer Brighton
have you heard from them
i dont pick up phone given spam callers but may have to start
i too want to add roo bar, lockable wheel storage and lose
sidesteps but am concerned may delay everything
can’t find Brighton as allocated dealer on my order log in - can you?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Nick.

It was but I changed to Rex Gorrell in Geelong.

I spoke to Simon Favaloro at RG a few times - last time was 3 weeks ago.

After my call from INEOS last Thursday re: no contrast colour on rear door but also changes to my order I made back in July, I will call him again next week.

regards
mark

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Mark
i may change over to him as well
no luck from Brighton
nick

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Mark
i may change over to him as well
no luck from Brighton
nick
Simon is great. Very easy to talk to and happy to facilitate looking things up.
I said I had the phone call about the rear door wrap, and that my build date was pushed to May June.. he said “no it’s still January, the delivery would be May June”! I was pretty stoked by that news.

Back
Top Bottom