The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

operating windows when motor is not running

bnebenda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
Hello, has anyone already found out what needs to be rewired to be able to operate the windows without the need of the vehicle turned on (ignition on)? If at a camp site I would like to be able to operate the windows (ideally from the second battery using an additional switch panel inside).

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
Hello, has anyone already found out what needs to be rewired to be able to operate the windows without the need of the vehicle turned on (ignition on)? If at a camp site I would like to be able to operate the windows (ideally from the second battery using an additional switch panel inside).
I'd like that. How to?

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
Getting power to the window motors wouldn't seem too hard. Keeping the safety features functional might be another issue.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
The reason they can only be operated with the key in the ignition is to make sure they can only be opened when the key holder/owner wants them to be and is in command of the vehicle.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
Not directly on point, but the NAKATANENGA rear window vents allow air to circulate when parked, and they stops bugs and rain. It works if all you want is air circulation. They are easy to install and remove, more details here.

Back
Top Bottom