The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

On the Road - Initial Thoughts

stuart1927

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:48 PM
Reaction score
Just a quick update after some time for things to sink in, and another drive today. I'm probably discovering what other owners have also found, in terms of how much this car seems to improve with each drive. I had my first night drive yesterday and what an experience! The internal switchgear lights are something else and the headlamps are incredibly good as well.
Part of this may just be calibration of getting used to the car, but it's an incredibly solid driving experience. The roads around my place are not great and really unsettled my previous vehicles, not the Grenadier. It just seems to plough on and has a really damped suspension/chassis set up.....really quite an achievement for a ladder frame vehicle. I can see now how they spent so long on the ladder frame design.

I had a virtual line of colleagues asking for a demo/walk around today.....it's gotten a lot of attention.

I'm starting to better calibrate my take off at junctions. You do need to apply a bit more gas pedal action than I'm used to, to make initial progress, but once you get it off the mark, it feels more "normal". I suspect this may the slight compromize needed to balance on road and offroad throttle response?

I haven't noticed so many resonance issues today, certainly nothing that I feel is out of place for a vehicle of this type. I had a good poke around underneath the chassis yesterday and there is a ton of heat shield covereage. Lots of different panels and potential for vibration. Some of it is well anchored, whilst some seems less secure. I moved a few slightly to clear possible clashes, but I'm pretty sure this is what I was hearing initially. The Engineering on this car is superb, I can't really fault a thing. Components appear to be next level v's most cars I've owned in terms of the shear scale of chassis/suspension components.

My final thoughts relate to a lot of comments I hear about pricing of the Grenadier. Even at the current prices, I think the Grenadier represents excellent value, when you consider how it's made, and the components used. The fact that I got mine at original pricing makes it feel like bargain of the century!

This feels like a really special machine .

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
Just a quick update after some time for things to sink in, and another drive today. I'm probably discovering what other owners have also found, in terms of how much this car seems to improve with each drive. I had my first night drive yesterday and what an experience! The internal switchgear lights are something else and the headlamps are incredibly good as well.
Part of this may just be calibration of getting used to the car, but it's an incredibly solid driving experience. The roads around my place are not great and really unsettled my previous vehicles, not the Grenadier. It just seems to plough on and has a really damped suspension/chassis set up.....really quite an achievement for a ladder frame vehicle. I can see now how they spent so long on the ladder frame design.

I had a virtual line of colleagues asking for a demo/walk around today.....it's gotten a lot of attention.

I'm starting to better calibrate my take off at junctions. You do need to apply a bit more gas pedal action than I'm used to, to make initial progress, but once you get it off the mark, it feels more "normal". I suspect this may the slight compromize needed to balance on road and offroad throttle response?

I haven't noticed so many resonance issues today, certainly nothing that I feel is out of place for a vehicle of this type. I had a good poke around underneath the chassis yesterday and there is a ton of heat shield covereage. Lots of different panels and potential for vibration. Some of it is well anchored, whilst some seems less secure. I moved a few slightly to clear possible clashes, but I'm pretty sure this is what I was hearing initially. The Engineering on this car is superb, I can't really fault a thing. Components appear to be next level v's most cars I've owned in terms of the shear scale of chassis/suspension components.

My final thoughts relate to a lot of comments I hear about pricing of the Grenadier. Even at the current prices, I think the Grenadier represents excellent value, when you consider how it's made, and the components used. The fact that I got mine at original pricing makes it feel like bargain of the century!

That little punch you need to give it almost entirely comes down to the 2.7T raw weight and only having 180ish kW to do it. Good torque - but still you are moving a BIG piece of metal around. That same engine in the BMW series makes it feel like a rocket ship by comparison. Similarly, the 5 Series diesel does 0-100 in a bit under 6 seconds - I drove one a while back and couldn't believe it was a diesel throwing me back in the seat. Then you have the 1.9L diesel DMAX... 0-100 is not what the vehicle is made to do!!!

Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score

The thing that impressed me most was the ride as you say. Completely in control over mild corrugations.

Back
Top Bottom