The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

On the Grenadier Fence in Brisbane

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:48 PM
Reaction score
Yeah the advantage of extra fuel tank space in the petrol will also be mitigated by the fact that, when loaded up, the petrol will get even worse economy than the diesel.

As for the TDV6 going bang after a few K's, I don't think those engines need many excuses to grenade.

I'd pick the diesel and look at roof loading or trailer. Even just changing your packing system can free up some space as your working with a completely different platform. I've found that no matter how big your vehicle, you'll always find a way to fill it up.
The mrs and I used to do trips in a 2 door jeep wrangler. Took ground tent, chairs, fridge, food, bags, stove etc etc. We swapped to the hilux with a canopy, and still seem to fill the thing up.... can't tell you what we brought extra 🤔 😂

Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
Quickpitch Drawers could be a good fit.

Local time
6:48 AM
Reaction score
So I have a Defender TD5 that I've owned since new. It's been a great car. Mostly been used for remote touring with multiple desert crossings. I really can't speak strongly about how well it's treated us. I can honestly say it's going as well now or better than it has ever which is pretty impressive. It's incredibly capable. Can carry a huge amount of stuff. Doesn't use much fuel.

The thing is the family is getting bigger. The last 8000k family holiday involved four people over 180cm, and one shorty at 175. The defender is the ferrari of the desert but the days of driving to the start and end of these trips is killing me.

Plus - it's a bit of a beast to drive around town and no one other than myself will drive it. :eek:

I'd kind of given up the idea of replacing it because there just isn't anything else like it. The new defender turn out to be a discovery with defender written on it, so I'm down to the toyota 78 which has lots of things I'm less than impressed with.

I've been watching the grenadier with interest. And now there is a local dealer 2k from my house. :D Anyway I've had one look at a prototype. I'm going to have a better look while the car is still here and keen to test drive in Feb when they have their cars off the line. I'm hopeful that it's going to be a nicer car on the road than the defender but with the off road ability too. Would be great if it was not unpleasant for the occasional town duties.

I've been scarred by buying prototype cars in the past. I'm nervous about reliability of early models, and the long term support of ineos.

I joined this forum to watch the reports of owners as the cars make it into their hands. Here's hoping it's a gem.
Mate did your mother give you any guarantees when you were born or did you just go for it. Same with the Grenadier I bet you will love it.

Local time
Reaction score
Mate did your mother give you any guarantees when you were born or did you just go for it. Same with the Grenadier I bet you will love it.
LOL!

After our drive last week it's pretty clear it's when not IF. Ineos have delivered what they said they would. It's like someone did a vulcan mind meld with my defender brain and produced the perfect replacement.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
So this is the real reel?

2742AF58-D85F-4B9A-B75A-5C40DE9BA29D.jpeg
0CEE62BA-4CA6-4FDB-9226-8C775C6E3897.jpeg
EB4A781F-7CD5-4AD0-B9E1-5B6C72C784A0.jpeg

The window wiper sweep looks ok on the bottom photo to me. Just saying…….

Attachments

• 2500C346-BE0D-49A1-A344-5FAF2458B850.jpeg
    2500C346-BE0D-49A1-A344-5FAF2458B850.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 22

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think they said two filters for both and also a water separator for the diesel for the Australian market
The INEOS rep confirmed to me there was two fuel filters for the diesel version. One is under the bonnet and the second towards the vehicle's rear on the ladder chassis, probably near the fuel tank (he was pointing under the rear wheel arch on the passenger side of a RHD vehicle).

Owners can buy the replacement filter and tool from INEOS. Yep he did mention a tool.

He also mentioned it was INEOS Australia that pushed hard for a second filter (because remote fuel can be dodgy in Australia). INEOS had to convince BMW, the engine supplier, it would work. Obviously, they did.

Local time
Reaction score
The INEOS rep confirmed to me there was two fuel filters for the diesel version. One is under the bonnet and the second towards the vehicle's rear on the ladder chassis, probably near the fuel tank (he was pointing under the rear wheel arch on the passenger side of a RHD vehicle).

Owners can buy the replacement filter and tool from INEOS. Yep he did mention a tool.

He also mentioned it was INEOS Australia that pushed hard for a second filter (because remote fuel can be dodgy in Australia). INEOS had to convince BMW, the engine supplier, it would work. Obviously, they did.
Now we wait - I'm waiting to drive them on the road, waiting to hear owners talk about their economy, and hoping someone comes up with a bigger tank!

I think the consumption of the two is fairly close compared to what we've seen in the past. It's possible that if there is more fuel storage potential (without the adblue tank) in the petrol that it might be an option worth considering.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now we wait - I'm waiting to drive them on the road, waiting to hear owners talk about their economy, and hoping someone comes up with a bigger tank!

I think the consumption of the two is fairly close compared to what we've seen in the past. It's possible that if there is more fuel storage potential (without the adblue tank) in the petrol that it might be an option worth considering.

Take this how you will, but a mate of mine just drove his 2020 diesel BMW X3 (same B57 inline 6 and ZF box the Grenadier shares) 900km from Sydney to Melbourne and recorded 5.5Lt/100km.

His car is probably one whole tonne lighter and has better aerodynamics than the Grenadier but I was pretty astonished! This is the photo he snapped of the cluster.

It gives me hope that we might get better fuel economy than is officially posted. We'll find out soon enough I suppose!

IMG_7148.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
Take this how you will, but a mate of mine just drove his 2020 diesel BMW X3 (same B57 inline 6 and ZF box the Grenadier shares) 900km from Sydney to Melbourne and recorded 5.5Lt/100km.

His car is probably one whole tonne lighter and has better aerodynamics than the Grenadier but I was pretty astonished! This is the photo he snapped of the cluster.

It gives me hope that we might get better fuel economy than is officially posted. We'll find out soon enough I suppose!

View attachment 7806064
That‘s over 42 mpg US gallons. That’s crazy.

Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7806064
That's impressive! What will the petrol do.. we wait and see!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Was the fresh egg still intact when he removed it from the accelerator pedal at the end?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Yeah, but everyone knows driving south is always downhill.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7806064
impressive but the Grenadier is 40% heavier (900kg) so.........maybe 8 L/100km might be the best a Grenny would get on similar drive

Back
Top Bottom