The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General Oil check

Xrford

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
For info I just carried out an oil check in a diesel N1 5 seater post c830miles, all looks ok albeit my instinct would be to put in another 500ml to be on safe side on and off road (can this be done or is the vehicle then over filled for road use?)

View attachment 7813995
There is most likely a larger acceptable lower limit range for the oil level to be “OK” for on road use versus off road use because for off road the vehicle may be at more severe off camber angles than on road and if down on oil it may cause an oil starvation issue. Most likely anything below 500ml full is where the lower limit is for off road. Hence you are fine to add 500ml as that would bring you up to the ”OK” range for both on road and off.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:51 AM
Reaction score
Compromise and put 250ml and then re-measure??
Yes, I'm curious to know the increments/tolerance. Would it then ask for a further 250ml or being below the trigger point, just ask for a minimum increment of 500ml again?

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:51 AM
Reaction score
do you know if the front axle works on homokinetic [land type] or on u-joint [jeep type]? are these in oil bath or are they greasy?

Local time
Reaction score
If you dont already have one, buy yourself a MiniVac for oil changes. You can suck the oil straight through the dipstick holder, this is how BMW changes the oil.
What is the purpose of that? I have 12 trucks for my business, and deal with a lot of oil changes. I don't see a purpose to just doing it the regular way. Is there an advantage?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
What is the purpose of that? I have 12 trucks for my business, and deal with a lot of oil changes. I don't see a purpose to just doing it the regular way. Is there an advantage?
Ease of use and efficiency especially if you have body armour that you have to take off to get to the bolt. Most European car shops here in the US just vacuum out the oil. If your afraid of shavings at the bottom then go old fashion way. But with engine tolerances now and synthetic oil, less risk of gunk at the bottom.

Local time
Reaction score
Ease of use and efficiency especially if you have body armour that you have to take off to get to the bolt. Most European car shops here in the US just vacuum out the oil. If your afraid of shavings at the bottom then go old fashion way. But with engine tolerances now and synthetic oil, less risk of gunk at the bottom.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:51 PM
Reaction score
Don't worry about shavings, that's what the filter is for.

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.h473.w710.jpg

Local time
Reaction score
Good stuff ~ can you say what this is sourced from?

Diesel oil amount seems to be 0.5 litres down on the Owner's Manual, maybe that's where mine has disappeared?
From Ineos direct

Local time
Reaction score
What does that mean?

Customer Services, a bod at Ineos HQ, a view screen on an agent's terminal....
For the record I asked customer services for the oil volume of the differentials, they did not know so went away and asked someone at HQ for an answer and then sent me the email with an attachment with what l think looks like a missing page from the manual.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
do you know if the front axle works on homokinetic [land type] or on u-joint [jeep type]? are these in oil bath or are they greasy?
Permanent 4x4 should always have homokinetc types.

AWo

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just checked my vehicle against AC gas - looks like I have an African spec vehicle:
View attachment 7815489

Seriously though, is R134a even legal in EU/UK in terms of selling new vehicles?
I thought so as well. And I read somewhere that R134 is used for the African market only. Hopefully it is just the wrong sticker!

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Halfords seem to think it’s not suitable for my Grenadier 😳IMG_0287.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom