The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Official colour swatches.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score
Thank you very much! You are awesome but you have to fail if you want to bring the colours out to us :) .
There is no way that we can see them in the "right light" even if you use special equipment as daylight lights and your very cool mobile phone. We all see the colours on our monitors or mobile devices in different ways.
I bet that if you just would bring the samples in a different order the colours would appear different.
This is obviously no criticism of your efforts! I just want to make clear that even with your hard work we can not be sure how it will be in "our" sunlight.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The leftmost is Mushroom?

Hm, what is the second from the left?

I don't get it.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The problem with a smartphone is that the software is made to make pictures (selfies et.al.) "nice". That yields quite some stunning result for daily use - but not for documentation. Not Steves fault.

E.g. if a cloud covers the sun outside for a moment, every daylight coming in gets blue immediately. The software compensates for that in an "eye-friendly" way. Good for selfies, bad for reality.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
The problem with a smartphone is that the software is made to make pictures (selfies et.al.) "nice". That yields quite some stunning result for daily use - but not for documentation. Not Steves fault.

E.g. if a cloud covers the sun outside for a moment, every daylight coming in gets blue immediately. The software compensates for that in an "eye-friendly" way. Good for selfies, bad for reality.
I can shoot in a Raw format on my Oppo phone but they then become 26MB pictures and invalid formats for the forum.

Oscar01

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for your effort Steve.
I changed my choice from Shela Blue to Queens Red, because Shela Blue is not available.
Queens Red looks very elegant, But I don't know how the contrasting white roof will look.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am really exited how my car will look in reality!

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:52 PM
Reaction score
I've ordered Sterling Silver, which I am going to stick with but the Shale Blue does look awesome in the flesh!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Tried two screenshots, curious what they will look like for others.

Might be nonsense in a strictly digital workflow, but it's worth a try. Does anybody see a brownish/aubergine "Mushroom"?

Screenshot_20221115_135722.pngScreenshot_20221115_135654.png

Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
The colours need to be photographed with a reference colour that we all have what about a red coke can thats almost the same colour the world over or if you want to go the extra mile a Macbeth colour target.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Made this suggestion before.

Flashlight and samples photographed together with an 18% grey card reference.

The grey card is usually an exposure reference but can help with colors as well. The perfect card is here but using it is a bit more effort.

But this is not addressed at Steve, he is doing more than one can expect. It's imho an Ineos matter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom