The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Official colour swatches.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
Ok, thank you. And the 2 lighter colors, number 8 and 9? One is Mushroom, but the other I did never see.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
The red is growing on me, especially after seeing this photo, thanks @DCPU

Red with black roof.....?

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 9.58.33 AM.png

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:42 AM
Reaction score
Once you see the cars in the flesh it's different as the below image looked a million dollars in the flesh and everyone was commenting on it. Especially with the black roof, who'd have thought 🤷🏻View attachment 7795909
If I were a fit young surf boy living on the coast of Australia, I would have chosen this colour too. I'm serious about that. But I'm out and about with the Grenadier a lot in the fields, forests and meadows. I wanted a matching colour and I didn't like the green.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
If I were a fit young surf boy living on the coast of Australia, I would have chosen this colour too. I'm serious about that. But I'm out and about with the Grenadier a lot in the fields, forests and meadows. I wanted a matching colour and I didn't like the green.
Are we just missing one of the three requirements @rovie or all three 😂 I know I'm missing all of them.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

I am with you on this. The blue colour still looks good in the photo, but would stand out like a chapel hat peg in the field. In addition I didn’t like the Sela Green from the original colour swatches.

I ordered Donny grey, which was a bit of a safe choice, but now thinking that the mushroom and red would have been a great choice, especially with the black roof.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can on Monday yes, if I haven’t put it up by lunchtime remind me.
Steve, you are as addicted as all of us here in the forum. I have to keep checking to see if there's a new post. I feel like the teenagers today who can't take their eyes off the digital devices. Maybe magic mushroom is addictive too. :D

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
I am with you on this. The blue colour still looks good in the photo, but would stand out like a chapel hat peg in the field. In addition I didn’t like the Sela Green from the original colour swatches.

I ordered Donny grey, which was a bit of a safe choice, but now thinking that the mushroom and red would have been a great choice, especially with the black roof.
The Donny Gray looks like black on the vehicle only changing when the sun hits the metallic

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Steve, you are as addicted as all of us here in the forum. I have to keep checking to see if there's a new post. I feel like the teenagers today who can't take their eyes off the digital devices. Maybe magic mushroom is addictive too. :D
I know it sounds cheesy, but I really do love my job. Don't get me wrong you still have bad days like any job but I feel lucky in the role and the opportunities that come from it. I feel like I'm all over the country at the minute with INEOS at different events and meetings but it's worth it as you realize that everyone who works for the company are just as keen and eager for this to work.

Having an understanding wife helps too.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I know it sounds cheesy, but I really do love my job. Don't get me wrong you still have bad days like any job but I feel lucky in the role and the opportunities that come from it. I feel like I'm all over the country at the minute with INEOS at different events and meetings but it's worth it as you realize that everyone who works for the company are just as keen and eager for this to work.

Having an understanding wife helps too.
I mentioned you to the Australian Ineos team the other day and they acted as if they knew you.
I have never wanted to work in car sales but if something came up in my area with Ineos I would probably have a good look at it.
It is important to enjoy your work.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
I mentioned you to the Australian Ineos team the other day and they acted as if they knew you.
I have never wanted to work in car sales but if something came up in my area with Ineos I would probably have a good look at it.
It is important to enjoy your work.
Think they may have just been polite acting like they knew me 😂. Car sales is a job that once you're in it you're hooked, well I am anyway. You need to be able to deal with the highest highs and the lowest lows in the space of an hour, if you can deal with that then you'll be fine.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Think they may have just been polite acting like they knew me 😂. Car sales is a job that once you're in it you're hooked, well I am anyway. You need to be able to deal with the highest highs and the lowest lows in the space of an hour, if you can deal with that then you'll be fine.
I have been in sales for the last 30+ years but always assumed car sales didn't pay very well.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent work, Steve ! (y)

If you want to get the colors as neutral as possible, and if you know a photography enthusiast or a studio, ask them to take some pictures with a (or with some) flashlight/s. That's the only defined source of light which is half way controllable at about 5500K. A modern camera will adjust to 5500K if a flash is attached.

And then, a grey-card (photographic equipment for a a few dollars) should be photographed together with any sample. Than, any user can use this card on the picture as a reference in his photo viewer (which should allow to adjust color to the reference).

There are of course more hurdles to master before the viewer gets a neutral impression (monitor setting and quality ...), but with a controlled first step you have a good start. This is in fact something which Ineos should do, as they sell their cars via Internet ...
I’ve been trying to take picture of color standards and have people around the world use them to talk about color. It’s hard, but you are spot on.

The other thing is that modern special effects are so angle dependent, perhaps a short video of you moving around the table to catch the different color effects? These aren’t as ‘floppy’ as some out there, but it might help.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom