The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Off road experience

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
Just as a show of hands, if you where given an off road experience, would you like to use the cars provided at the site or would you want to use your new Grenadier?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:43 AM
Reaction score
I chose the course provided car and then realised it wouldn’t be an IG. Tbh it would be a waste of time if it wasn’t a Gren as most owners will want to get used to what their car can do and how to get the best out of it in certain situations, even though they might never get any further off road than a grass verge.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:43 PM
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind an upsell for a 4wd tactical course for IG owners. Basics of 4wd driving, recovery setup , execution and common breakdown repair exercises.  That should prepare me for "hello world" 

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score
Agree. And if I was scared, I would take a shortcut or go a different route. No obligation to damage your new Grenadier.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Attended a BYO vehicle LR ‘Experience Day’ when the Disco was new and found it a very worthwhile exercise. In true Aussie style, somewhat more technical than one might have expected from an OEM… perhaps more than they’d intended. Access to knowledgeable instructors made all the difference, and gave an opportunity to introduce my co-pilot to the abilities of the vehicle.  I’m sure this paid dividends in some very sketchy sections in Mongolia and the Caucasus.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:43 PM
Reaction score
About 40 years ago my mates and I all had a variety of 4wd vehicles and a variety of skill levels. None as good as we thought we were.
A few of us joined the Toyota Landcruiser club in Sydney and as part of it we had to do a 2 day training course. 
I learnt so much from that course.
From memory it took us 3-4 hours to get down this rough, difficult track on the first day to a flat area for recovery training and lunch.
On the second day we drove down in an hour like it was nothing. 
Creek crossing at the bottom seemed risky on day one and day two we just drove straight across. 

It would be good to have some trainings sessions based particularly on the Grenadier

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
100% This should be part of the Grenadier owners club experience.  Hopefully INEOS AUSPAC will be arranging something.

One thing that I remember from other 4x4 courses that I have done, is that the cars are far more capable than we give them credit for.  We tend to pull out of a steep hill,  long before the car does.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Davman userid=8961117 postid=1333117968]

One thing that I remember from other 4x4 courses that I have done, is that the cars are far more capable than we give them credit for.  We tend to pull out of a steep hill,  long before the car does.[/QUOTE]45 degree lateral slope capability , but a little bit of wee leaks out at just 30-35 degrees, in metaphorical if not actual terms!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed. It is good that a dealer is considering this be IA should be setting up a centre much like JLR to give customers some training. Probably only one centre as it will be expensive, or even a voucher for an established school would be more cost effective. 

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
This is something I am looking at here at Chester, INEOS may well do something with their cars for you the customer, but I can only speak for us here at Chester.

I can't promise anything right now but I am looking at everything I can to make your purchase and collection experience as special as it can be.  Speaking to you all on this platform is great, as it gives me an insight into what you're going through right now, and trust me when I say this, I relay an awful lot of information and complaints back to INEOS to help improve customer service and make sure they're aware of your issues, so thank you for sharing with me.

On a side note, everyone I have spoken to at INEOS upto now, have been extremely enthusiastic about what lies ahead which gives me confidence going forward that issues will be ironed out.

As I have said before here, I am massively passionate about this project and can't wait to see things move forward and see people collecting their new cars.

Yes technically we are agents but that doesn't mean you should have any less service than you would if you came in to buy a BMW from the dealership. I know I am still the only dealership/agent here on the forum and I don't know what anyone else is doing but I'm sure other agents will be looking at doing different things.

In the meantime you can rest assured that I will ask all the questions you give me and try and get the answer for you from the contacts I have at INEOS.

Thanks again,

Steve.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In Australia the Mercedes Dealerships were changed to Agencies in January 2022. 
Only difference I noticed was the price was now fixed whereas before you could shop between dealers and haggle. 
Pre covid you could haggle the price down as dealers were keen to move metal.
Now with delivery problems most dealerships of other brands are selling way above list price and are taking the attitude that the customer just has to suck it up as they can sell everything they can get their hands on. 
Some of the manufacturers are complaining that the dealers are making more money than the manufacturers. (no idea if that is true)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score
Steve,

I am absolutely with you.

And for me, the remark "we should get used to calling them what they are ~ agents not dealers" is blatantly disparaging. It's worthless and poisons the atmosphere.

No thank you.

Local time
Reaction score
When our local Landrover dealer opened we used to go offroad frequently, at the time I had a modded Disco II and it was great taking out new owners and showing them what their vehicles could do. Unfortunately those days are gone and the dealer now sells Porsche, Jaguar, Infinity and Landrover and wouldn't think about sponsoring something like that.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
When our local Landrover dealer opened we used to go offroad frequently, at the time I had a modded Disco II and it was great taking out new owners and showing them what their vehicles could do. Unfortunately those days are gone and the dealer now sells Porsche, Jaguar, Infinity and Landrover and wouldn't think about sponsoring something like that.
That’s because all of the vehicles you mention as being sold now are not intended for and will never be driven off road 😂

Local time
Reaction score
That’s because all of the vehicles you mention as being sold now are not intended for and will never be driven off
So what's the model in the UK and elsewhere? Stand alone stores and service centers like Tesla or are they second and third tier with established dealers. Like here in the US we have Ford dealers, Chevrolet dealers, and Jeep/Dodge, or LR/Jaguar/Infinity, Cadillac/Subaru, etc.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I read where one of the Ineos agents coming on board here in Australia is primarily a purveyor of...motorcycles! However, they are "expert" in promoting brand loyalty and organise ride days, training sessions etc. Transportable skills/capability which are eminently applicable to establishing the IG.
As mentioned on this forum elsewhere, the Isuzu Dmax organisation in Australia sponsors 4wd training and tag-along tours (up to a week or more at a time) for Dmax owners...these seems to be incredibly popular, not especially cheap to participate, but an excellent opportunity to go on an "adventure" with mechanical support -expertise and (limite) spare parts at hand....

Local time
Reaction score
I am impressed with the demos and test drives of the Ineos Grenadier 4x4. What I need is an opportunity to be trained in the effective use of the vehicle. Are there any such courses planned in UK, especially Herefordshire area?
There is a very good test track at Eastnor Castle but I think that will prove to be exclusive to a competitor.
Perhaps a market opportunity?
Examples: When to use Hill Descent. When to engage Central Difflock. When to engage front and/or rear difflock. Appropriate use of front and removable rear winch.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am impressed with the demos and test drives of the Ineos Grenadier 4x4. What I need is an opportunity to be trained in the effective use of the vehicle. Are there any such courses planned in UK, especially Herefordshire area?
There is a very good test track at Eastnor Castle but I think that will prove to be exclusive to a competitor.
Perhaps a market opportunity?
Examples: When to use Hill Descent. When to engage Central Difflock. When to engage front and/or rear difflock. Appropriate use of front and removable rear winch.

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks. What I need is specific instruction in the use of the Ineos Grenadier 4x4 which is unlikely to exist until the final production versions are issued in decent numbers. As previously stated, Eastnor seems most unlikely to take Grenadiers because it seems to be for the exclusive use of the vehicles produced by the company that took Ineos to court for copyright infringement and lost. I avoided using the brand name for fear of my post being blocked as seems to have happened before.

Back
Top Bottom