The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Off Road Caravan

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
Recommendations? This is unfamiliar territory for me…
As @Deano mentioned Zone RV, but for me I'd work on the KISS principle, belive it or not Kimberly Karavan ticks all the boxes, lightweight, compact, gal chassis, fiberglass body, good water capacity. Or for more comfort the Kruiser

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 24
  • index1.jpg
    index1.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 24

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
No real information about towing, except the fuel consumption. Mainly a promotion video -> waste of time.
They went on a 5000km trip on bitumen and offroad and gave their comments on the towing of two different caravans. Moreover, looking at the video it was obvious how well the Grenadier towed both caravans with factory suspension, because I took the time to look at the video a couple of times. Try it, you might actually see more than your initial and superficial observations.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
I’ve towed 3.5 ton with mine a few times, it handles the weight very well, much better than an old defender or a ranger or a navara.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
I can confirm towing my nearly 3Tonne caravan that it is legitimately the best tow rig I have ever owned …. And I have owned many Landcruisers.
Don’t worry about modifying anything - just stick the van straight onto the tow ball and drive off.
No Weight distribution hitch, no suspension upgrades, no airbag helpers needed with the IG.
The LC300 is not getting any better fuel consumption than the IG is towing- so I don’t know what the issue is in regards to “fuel economy”.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
No real information about towing, except the fuel consumption. Mainly a promotion video -> waste of time.
Yes, we call them an "infomercial"
This is typical of the Caravan industry reviewers, they just lack any real substance or critique

Back
Top Bottom