The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Not Starting, engine turning over

Gren17

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:00 AM
Reaction score
Similar issue with my Trialmaster, gave it 10 minutes, tried again and nothing. The car has been at the dealership for 6 days now and they seem to not know how to fix it. Got my car two weeks ago and its really frustrating. Anyone knows if somebody had the same issue?

dime80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:00 PM
Reaction score
Ok update, switched off and locked up, walked away from vehicle for approx 10mins, came back and it started perfectly.
Look I love this car but the uncertainties with the vehicle presently are raising deep concerns for us for the purpose it is intended for, ie reliable getting us to and from remote locations safely.
I sincerely hope these issues can be resolved for good by the dealership.
Hi cam shaft. This happened to me on Friday. Sounds exactly the same situation. Same process got us going again.
Has this happened again for you?
Was the issue diagnosed?
I’ve reached 6000k’s on the clock and diesel.

Skrambo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:00 PM
Reaction score
Similar issue with my Trialmaster, gave it 10 minutes, tried again and nothing. The car has been at the dealership for 6 days now and they seem to not know how to fix it. Got my car two weeks ago and its really frustrating. Anyone knows if somebody had the same issue

This happened to me and they found an issue with the alarm siren module. It was replaced and all seems good so far.

Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
Regardless of the type of start signal - either switching a relay/solenoid or pinging the ecu - a physical key doesn't require a battery to operate vs. a fob which does. It's just one less gizmo to fail after rough treatment. Out on the water, deep in the woods, or down on the farm - a key will continue to function for decades. Plus they're cheap to duplicate or replace. I think it fits with the original ethos.
An additionally you don't need electric steering lock which will be much more difficult to repair or bypass in case of a failure.

Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
An additionally you don't need electric steering lock which will be much more difficult to repair or bypass in case of a failure.
Several, really solid, points about features that fail. I think the issue for Ineos was it’s a mashup (not the carriage or coach so much) of off the shelf parts which led to inclusion of these features without adhering to their theme. For me, This truck would be more attractive/reliable over the years w/o these gizmos.

Back
Top Bottom