The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas North American operations, dealers and ordering?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
I see that, but that piece of knowledge is not in the article you posted.
DPCU is inferring from the fact that litha bought Jardine. Jardine is a ineos dealer. Lithia may now have ability to sell the grenadier here in the US. Does that help?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
DPCU is inferring from the fact that litha bought Jardine. Jardine is a ineos dealer. Lithia may now have ability to sell the grenadier here in the US. Does that help?
Thank you. 👍

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
Yes. Thank you. The article did not explain that and without knowing it beforehand, I couldn‘t see how it connected to IA.

Eniffer

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Greetings. I am the Head Of Business for 2 of Grenadier agents in the U.K. (Jardine Essex and Jardine Kent) as mentioned above we are now part of Lithia And Driveway. Although I’m not able to answer any questions on the US operation I thought I would at least say hi. 👋

Attachments

• 6CD04664-A303-48B3-9963-7058E024665B.jpeg
    6CD04664-A303-48B3-9963-7058E024665B.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 8

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:03 PM
Reaction score
Greetings. I am the Head Of Business for 2 of Grenadier agents in the U.K. (Jardine Essex and Jardine Kent) as mentioned above we are now part of Lithia And Driveway. Although I’m not able to answer any questions on the US operation I thought I would at least say hi. 👋
Thanks for saying hi! 😀

Local time
Reaction score
Since this forum was started there was a high level of anticipation, joy at what was coming and excitement about a new company that seemed to understand our sense of automotive abandonment.... but in the past couple of weeks that seems to be draining away. I don't think it's solely because of the Ineos delays and miscommunications. For me it was comments made by the presenter at the US drive event: that in the USA we will only be able to order the Trialmaster or Fieldmaster, and not be able to specify add-ons starting from the base station wagon. I had a IIA and a couple of the farmer version Ranger Rovers. I do not want a tarted up/poser LR Defender; I want a vehicle 'purpose built' to my and my family's needs.
I do not want leather seats, but I also don't want a mandatory raised air intake. I am on the East Coast, and we have snow, sand and mud, but not dust, but I see a high percentage of the glitzed up new Defenders have them, along with side boxes and folding ladders... and perfect wax job and Armoral-coated tires. In the West, in Africa and in Australia, the raised air intake makes sense. In the USA East it brands you as a naff poser... but worse it implies that Ineos is aiming the American market at the posers to harvest the cash of the clueless and abandoning potential customers who wanted a vehicle purpose built to their individual need.
Sad. I hope I am not correct.

Local time
Reaction score
Since this forum was started there was a high level of anticipation, joy at what was coming and excitement about a new company that seemed to understand our sense of automotive abandonment.... but in the past couple of weeks that seems to be draining away. I don't think it's solely because of the Ineos delays and miscommunications. For me it was comments made by the presenter at the US drive event: that in the USA we will only be able to order the Trialmaster or Fieldmaster, and not be able to specify add-ons starting from the base station wagon. I had a IIA and a couple of the farmer version Ranger Rovers. I do not want a tarted up/poser LR Defender; I want a vehicle 'purpose built' to my and my family's needs.
I do not want leather seats, but I also don't want a mandatory raised air intake. I am on the East Coast, and we have snow, sand and mud, but not dust, but I see a high percentage of the glitzed up new Defenders have them, along with side boxes and folding ladders... and perfect wax job and Armoral-coated tires. In the West, in Africa and in Australia, the raised air intake makes sense. In the USA East it brands you as a naff poser... but worse it implies that Ineos is aiming the American market at the posers to harvest the cash of the clueless and abandoning potential customers who wanted a vehicle purpose built to their individual need.
I'm in mostly agreement with this as that was one reason I bailed on the Bronco. I fully understand (but hate) the modern approach to automotive optioning strategy. I equate it to dealers requiring under body protection, vin etching, Scotch guarding, and the host of other bullshit options 98% of people could care less about.

To bury / combine / have prerequisite options to only pay for wasted features for the customer has truly become "the future". I was / am pleased with the current configurator. Starting with a Field / Trial is disappointing if that is how it pans out.

In the meantime, I'll be enjoying all the benefits from my hotels resort fee amenities.

Local time
Reaction score
I look forward to being a poser on the East Coast in my Trialmaster (if the price is right). As I watch the judgey twats in the rearview mirror as I head west to dustier trails. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😂. My trucks are built for going everywhere as that’s where I intend to take them.

It is rather annoying as a consumer that so many options are parts of packages that include crap I don’t want. From a manufacturing standpoint, though, it makes perfect sense. Being stuck with a bunch of take-off parts is a pain. The draw I have to the Trialmaster, though, is that I’m completely happy with what I can get straight from the factory with few add-ons (like lockers).

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The problem seems to be endemic to sellers in N America. I think manufacturers come in with a great idea and they hire all the wrong people. So they get what they’ve always gotten. Ineos has fallen for the same old BS from their N American hires. Limiting their offerings to fully loaded vehicles must play very well on a power point presentation; but they (IA) should just spend an hour on this forum and make up their own damn minds.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It's about price and cost. If they can get a deal in volume for parts then maybe they can have a lower cost. Now comes the tricky part, price. Let's say they have a targeted price that would appease the masses, making money for dealer and them. And, let's say the price is 65k. I don't think anyone will be bitch that they paid 65k for a trial master. The other option would be build from scratch but you pay 75k because the cost of the parts are more.

Local time
Reaction score
It's about price and cost. If they can get a deal in volume for parts then maybe they can have a lower cost. Now comes the tricky part, price. Let's say they have a targeted price that would appease the masses, making money for dealer and them. And, let's say the price is 65k. I don't think anyone will be bitch that they paid 65k for a trial master. The other option would be build from scratch but you pay 75k because the cost of the parts are more.I
I cannot think their plan to build all Trialmasters with raised air intakes was based on getting a volume price for the parts. If your point is correct about the US, why then can every other country spec from a base station wagon?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The problem seems to be endemic to sellers in N America. I think manufacturers come in with a great idea and they hire all the wrong people. So they get what they’ve always gotten. Ineos has fallen for the same old BS from their N American hires. Limiting their offerings to fully loaded vehicles must play very well on a power point presentation; but they (IA) should just spend an hour on this forum and make up their own damn minds.
Not just North American hires - across the board they've just picked up auto people ingrained with the ideas and experience picked up at the likes of Audi, MB, JLR and Mclaren. Seems completely counter to the start of Projekt Grenadier when they interviewed automotive experts, were told what they wanted to do was not possible and picked a designer from the boat world who had never worked on vehicles.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I cannot think their plan to build all Trialmasters with raised air intakes was based on getting a volume price for the parts. If your point is correct about the US, why then can every other country spec from a base station wagon?
Well if the trialmaster was purely raised intakes, I would agree. But look at ford. They just put on hold for 2023, all manual broncos. They are focus in a shared line of broncos and mavericks. To save time and money, they will pump out similar vehicles with difference being bronco or maverick body. Same guts

Local time
Reaction score
Well if the trialmaster was purely raised intakes, I would agree. But look at ford. They just put on hold for 2023, all manual broncos. They are focus in a shared line of broncos and mavericks. To save time and money, they will pump out similar vehicles with difference being bronco or maverick body. Same guts
Maverick is unibody as is the bronco sport. Bronco (non-sport) is ladder on frame. It's hard not to like the manual option and obviously Ford is seeing strong demand for that exact reason.

I'd have ordered one long ago if I didn't hate Ford so much.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Maverick is unibody as is the bronco sport. Bronco (non-sport) is ladder on frame. It's hard not to like the manual option and obviously Ford is seeing strong demand for that exact reason.

I'd have ordered one long ago if I didn't hate Ford so much.
I apologize its the Ranger not the Maverick. Ford stopped manufacturing bronco production so the ranger line and bronco line can run on the same line.

Back
Top Bottom