The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

No hitch mystery and can wiring be added

Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
@FlyingTexan @Lord Ripon USA Strange but I'm pretty certain I checked the "hitch" option but when it arrived at the dealer there was no hitch. All our trucks have hitches, what I thought was my order summary has the hitch checked off. Dealer says it can be added for $1000 (800 parts and 200 for labor).

Has anybody determined if the wiring is there and its as simple as adding a part or does the car need to be reprogramed (ie: I don't have a choice but to let the dealer install).

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
The mechanical part of the hitch is bolt on. Electrical components are a plug in affair.

But at the moment there is an issue with the programming for all N.A. vehicles. This has been beaten to death in a few other threads already. All hitches have been removed from the N.A. market vehicles pending a software fix.

An hours labor for the dealer to install is not too bad and you’d get the warranty on the install if that means anything to you.

But in regards to if you’re sure you ordered one and it wasn’t included. Do you have a copy of your initial build receipt when you finalized earlier this year?

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:58 PM
Reaction score
I do not believe that is how it works. Ineos is providing the hitch at no charge as compensation for the delay in the hitch. In their letter they stated that the pricing of the hitch would be removed from the final cost of the vehicle. I seriously doubt they did this so the dealer could then charge for it as an accessory.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
However, if your IG has already arrived, it is likely that the hitch was not ordered. According to my dealer, Regal, there has been no shipments to the dealerships of the hitch models.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:58 PM
Reaction score
I do not believe that is how it works. Ineos is providing the hitch at no charge as compensation for the delay in the hitch. In their letter they stated that the pricing of the hitch would be removed from the final cost of the vehicle. I seriously doubt they did this so the dealer could then charge for it as an accessory.
That's the case IF you originally ordered and were charged the $800 in the first place.

Local time
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes stu, thanks…glad to hear that the hitch wiring is there and plug/play (of sorts). Do you know if the feature needs to be turned on?

Local time
Reaction score
sounds like $1000 fix plus I missed the freebie from INEOS by not ordering in advance.

Hmmm, maybe time to look for a cancelation or new order. A few things I have noticed in the eight or so on the lot: not crazy about the alloys on my order and not crazy about my all black leather config vs two tone, wouldn't order the storage in the spare wheel (just asking for it to be ripped apart in LA), drop the side bars and go with after market (looks vs price), drop the premium stereo and upgrade later.

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:58 PM
Reaction score
I have been asking in the UK for a hitch and so far the answer is NO! Interesting read regarding the USA position.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
sounds like $1000 fix plus I missed the freebie from INEOS by not ordering in advance.

Hmmm, maybe time to look for a cancelation or new order. A few things I have noticed in the eight or so on the lot: not crazy about the alloys in my order and not crazy about my all black leather config vs two tone, wouldn't order the storage in the spare wheel (just asking for it to be ripped apart in LA), drop the side bars and go with after market (looks vs price), drop the premium stereo and upgrade later.
I think in hindsight - I agree with a lot of your comments. I have the 18" alloys and would not have bought them in hindsight.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think in hindsight - I agree with a lot of your comments. I have the 18" alloys and would not have bought them in hindsight.
At least wheel choice is easily (but not cheaply) remedied.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have been asking in the UK for a hitch and so far the answer is NO! Interesting read regarding the USA position.
@Trialmaster - Certainly Stirling Trailer Services, an INEOS Service Agent, can do a retro hitch for a Gren - contact Suzie Dunn 01786 833424 for more details.

Local time
Reaction score
@Trialmaster - Certainly Stirling Trailer Services, an INEOS Service Agent, can do a retro hitch for a Gren - contact Suzie Dunn 01786 833424 for more details.
I was hoping to do this myself.
"My old man is a television repairman and has an awesome set of tools. I can fix this"
(Jeff Spicoli)

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any updates on the tow package fix? I wish the receiver could be installed so I can attach my bicycle rack. No need for the brake controller for that.

Reactions: jwb
Local time
Reaction score
I was told/offered by the dealer that they could install the receiver (for those with bikes or other things that are not towing).

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told/offered by the dealer that they could install the receiver (for those with bikes or other things that are not towing).
Thank you! I'll ask my dealer.

Local time
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something...the receiver is included in the price for the hitch ($800 or 0 for those that had pre-orders).

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:58 PM
Reaction score
The issue for me is the lack of planning for eventual software modifications. Anyone with a PC or phone knows they will happen - some quite regularly and some in an emergency. My current BMW X5 & X3 have had over the air software updates through an iPhone App since 2020. Surely this is cannot be new technology to Ineos and would save a great deal of “trips to dealer” time.

Back
Top Bottom