The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Nice to have a dedicated forum

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I’m eagerly awaiting the chance to put my deposit down!

I use the same screen name on Defender2, Overland Bound, and ExPo. Looking forward to engaging with this community too!

If the stars align properly, the Gren will be the platform for a family touring vehicle with global ambitions for me. I hope it lives up to the promises.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
It looks great as a touring vehicle. I’m liking the modular idea that they’ve put forward for the switchgear etc. 

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed. The Rubicon Jeep I had was an incredibly capable 4x4, but was limited to 850 lbs payload. The new Jeeps have more, but I went for a 1550 lbs payload midsize truck. I love it and it’s incredibly capable, but we both miss the “crawl in the back the right way to sleep” convenience of a wagon. The only other platform on the market that fit my needs is the New Defender and I love those. I am also a huge fan of the gladiator, but would have to spend big on a camper to get what I want, so if the Ineos doesn’t work out they are the runners up.

But, I strongly prefer the simplicity of the Ineos design as compared to the ND. It seems they are taking a more “user fixable” approach, even commenting on a parts distribution model that includes online workshop manuals with 3D exploded diagrams. That’s a far cry from a $500 workshop manual, if a modern car maker would even sell one (some do, some don’t).

I also like the useability - like the cubby to stuff things under the seat. That is BRILLIANT. I’ve had to repair a number of soft shells because they got stuck in a seat mechanism but in the bush I’m always slipping in and out of it, and I always stuff it down beside or behind the seat. That’s the best place to put it. The Ineos has a cubby There and no one else does. That shows a real good attention to user needs in my book.

Im optimistic that this vehicle will meet my needs. Still a lot of barriers - like if I’ll be able to get one in Canada - but I’m hopeful that this will be my next vehicle purchase. 

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Small cubbies are a real nod to the end user in my book. By definition were going to sacrifice a little comfort and styling for practicality and usability. I hope that the cubby inside the spare wheel carrier make it to final production as well as all the other nooks and crannies that I've seen online.

Back
Top Bottom