The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New Winch Manual

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
Hi all here is the latest winch manual.
I notice it says all attachments and devices fitted to the winch rope to be removed before going on public roads in the EU regions which may be of interest to some who are contemplating fixing permanent winch rope thimbles/eyes and to all ways use the winch rope together with the red winch compatible snatch ring S50. Surely if you have to use the the winch rope loop fitted with the S -ring 50 then it should be supplied with the winch and not having to buy that as an extra accessory. Maybe I’m over thinking this 🤔

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I notice it says all attachments and devices fitted to the winch rope to be removed before going on public roads in the EU regions which may be of internet to some who are contemplating fixing permanent winch rope thimbles/eyes and to all ways use the winch rope together with the red winch compatible snatch ring S50. Surely if you have to use the the winch rope loop fitted with the S -ring 50 then it should be supplied with the winch and not having to buy that as an extra accessory. Maybe I’m over thinking this 🤔
Yes how do you stop the hook rattling around if you put the rope on a recovery point you cant get the winch cover on unless you cut a hole in it.

Attachments

• Winch 01.jpg
    Winch 01.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Winch 02.jpg
    Winch 02.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 79

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes how do you stop the hook rattling around if you put the rope on a recovery point you cant get the winch cover on unless you cut a hole in it.
😳. I wouldn’t want to put a hook on with that loop knot. That’s a very sharp radius bend and would weaken the rope. Use the S- ring 50 then attach to whatever using a soft shackle is the safest method

Local time
Reaction score
😳. I wouldn’t want to put a hook on with that loop knot. That’s a very sharp radius bend and would weaken the rope. Use the S- ring 50 then attach to whatever using a soft shackle is the safest method
Was a spare hook off a Huskey seemed to work pretty well for that could use a shackle iwh it have plenty . Why they didn't just stick a hook on it I don't know. Still can't get it to winch but did get power to the NATO will have to wait for software update I guess so far its' a 3.5k lump of metal.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was a spare hook off a Huskey seemed to work pretty well for that could use a shackle iwh it have plenty . Why they didn't just stick a hook on it I don't know. Still can't get it to winch but did get power to the NATO will have to wait for software update I guess so far its' a 3.5k lump of metal.
You mean you can’t get the front winch to work ? You shouldn’t need a software update for that. I thought the software update was just for people with high load wiring but no winch specified.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:06 PM
Reaction score
I have a red Snatch Ring , but not from Red Winch and I got no manual for the winch. So if Ineos think we have to use original parts, they should provide this without any additional cost. I am sure that Ineos will not provide anything (even not an actual manual) for us. Only if we look by ourself. The law is that they have to provide to us without request (Manuals etc.)
Anyway I will use the winch and my tested equipment.

Local time
Reaction score
I notice it says all attachments and devices fitted to the winch rope to be removed before going on public roads in the EU regions which may be of interest to some who are contemplating fixing permanent winch rope thimbles/eyes and to all ways use the winch rope together with the red winch compatible snatch ring S50. Surely if you have to use the the winch rope loop fitted with the S -ring 50 then it should be supplied with the winch and not having to buy that as an extra accessory. Maybe I’m over thinking this 🤔
Other companies have different winch bumpers for the Grenadier so isn't this nonsense?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The manual is a pixel-only pdf, you can not text-search it.

So I have made a text-searchable version of it. It's not perfect but quite good.

Attachments

• 20230616WinchManualOCR.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 75
Local time
Reaction score
The manual is a pixel-only pdf, you can not text-search it.

So I have made a text-searchable version of it. It's not perfect but quite good.
Sorry have the full Rez manual but it’s bigger than the 7Mb upload limit so had to reduce size so you all could see it ASAP maybe Stu could help with a full Rez download

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry have the full Rez manual but it’s bigger than the 7Mb upload limit so had to reduce size so you all could see it ASAP maybe Sut could hel with a full Rez download
OK let's ask @Stu_Barnes how you place the full version on the forum! Good idea.
But perhaps you have the link where we can download it?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's why I am not sure that some new "European" winch covers are compliant with European laws. like in this example:

No problem if you are going off road, but what if you have an accident with a pedestrian: it could be that the insurance company doesn't want to pay the damage if you did put something non-compliant on your plastic bumper! :unsure: :eek:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's why I am not sure that some new "European" winch covers are compliant with European laws. like in this example:

No problem if you are going off road, but what if you have an accident with a pedestrian: it could be that the insurance company doesn't want to pay the damage if you did put something non-compliant on your plastic bumper! :unsure: :eek:
Totally 👍🏼. Any modifications should be reported to your insurer or they’ll wriggle out of any claim if they can.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
In Germany the insurance will always pay. Always! They have to, by law.That's why they are called liability insurance. It doesn't matter if you were doing somethin illegal or have mounted something not allowed.

The law protects the harmed person and belongings.

For a reference check the most expensive car accident in Germany, where a 17 years old boy, drunk&drugs without a valid driver license caused a truck to fall off a highway bridge on highway A4. Driver death and because it had flammable liquid loaded, the Wieltal bridge needed to be renewed. Around 32 Million Deutsche Mark damage.
Cm
However, the insurance can come to you for recourse claims. But that is limlited to 5000(!) Euros by law.

It is a complete different story what an incident with injured or death persons does to you personally and how you end up in civil law cases, when the victims want to charge you.

Andreas

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In Germany the insurance will always pay. Always! They have to, by law.That's why they are called liability insurance. It doesn't matter if you were doing somethin illegal or have mounted something not allowed.

The law protects the harmed person and belongings.

For a reference check the most expensive car accident in Germany, where a 17 years old boy, drunk&drugs without a valid driver license caused a truck to fall off a highway bridge on highway A4. Driver death and because it had flammable liquid loaded, the Wieltal bridge needed to be renewed. Around 32 Million Deutsche Mark damage.
Cm
However, the insurance can come to you for recourse claims. But that is limlited to 5000(!) Euros by law.

It is a complete different story what an incident with injured or death persons does to you personally and how you end up in civil law cases, when the victims want to charge you.

Andreas
In fact you are right, the victims will always be compensated for the damage, but the insurance company can try to charge you for the damage you provoked, if you did something unlawfully

Back
Top Bottom