The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket winch to US spec Trialmaster

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Ordered
Contract Signed
Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
Searched a bit but ran out of gas…

I have a truck on order with the winch option, but am reconsidering as the aftermarket solutions come in to play. I’m wondering if I forego the winch option, what is different with respect to the wiring of a Trialmaster versus a Trialmaster with winch? (Specifically, what it would entail to add the winch later).

I understand the springs are different with the winch option selected, but I plan on swapping out the stock springs regardless.

Thanks in advance!!

Shawnpalmer

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
My guess is that you would wire it to the positive terminal in the engine bay and the ground would go to the chassis ground in the engine bay as well. This is the way I’ve done it on other vehicles in the past.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you have the high load switch panel, allegedly there is winch capable wiring in the passenger front fender area (where the factory winch connects).

None of this is specific to Trialmaster vs. Fieldmaster vs. Base btw

Adding an aftermarket winch to a Grenadier is the same as any other vehicle, run the winch's positive to the battery (or other appropriate connection point for the amp load) and ground it to the chassis

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Ordered
Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
My guess is that you would wire it to the positive terminal in the engine bay and the ground would go to the chassis ground in the engine bay as well. This is the way I’ve done it on other vehicles in the past.
And if wired this way, it would eliminate any factory procedural requirements for it to operate I’m guessing…?

If there is indeed the high amperage load hookup for a winch in the engine bay, it makes me wonder which is the better option.

Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom