The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New Video form Powerful UK on youtube

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
and he sort of goes partly to the central core of comparing the new defender and the Grenadier - answering the question we all must:

how much of modern driving (creature comforts, lower weights, driving performance, fuel efficiency) levels are you prepared to forgo to enable greater levels of off road ability
There was a reviewer on YouTube from Yorkshire that runs his own over-landing business. He is a very big LR fan. (His review involved a lot of looking up his nostrils due to camera angle).
He summed it up for me when he said that given the choice, he would drive across Spain in the new Defender but once at his destination, in an ideal world he would then switch to Jeep. What does that say about Land Rover durability?
He is hoping the Grenadier will strike a good compromise. Likewise.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agree but "Recaro" is stitched on seat and INEOS have made a bit of a "song & dance" about the Grenadiers seating
But it means nothing to have Recaro on the seat per se. They are either well made and comfortable (and that's variable by person) or not.

Yes they are leather but just look at them, and they are not an isolated example. They've been made to a price point.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There was a reviewer on YouTube from Yorkshire that runs his own over-landing business. He is a very big LR fan. (His review involved a lot of looking up his nostrils due to camera angle).
He summed it up for me when he said that given the choice, he would drive across Spain in the new Defender but once at his destination, in an ideal world he would then switch to Jeep. What does that say about Land Rover durability?
He is hoping the Grenadier will strike a good compromise. Likewise.
So he'd be better off just flying there and doing an arrive and drive?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is it not supposed to be all about the journey rather than the destination? For me, the Grenadier all the way. At least I hope so 😊
Me too ~ Spain's a cracking place, taking an extra week to wind your way down via a few historical sites and the odd Parador or two would be the way to go.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Me too ~ Spain's a cracking place, taking an extra week to wind your way down via a few historical sites and the odd Parador or two would be the way to go.
Love those Paradors some really interesting and great value places 😍

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I love Simon's enthusiasm for off-roading and his company makes some great accessories. They'll definitely start making stuff for the Grenadier. I bought a rear bumper cover off him for the Defender and it was far superior to the LR product, dogs can jump in and out now without scratching the bumper. This was a fair "static car" comparison. After driving the Grenadier on the road I was struck by how different it felt to the Defender - not as smooth, but a really solid feel. I'm surprised he didn't highlight the lack of storage spaces in the front of the Grenadier. Defender wins out in that respect, also the rear seats really should fold flat but don't. He also mentioned his off-road trip over Strata Florida in Wales. I would like to see the Grenadier tackle that.

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:12 AM
Reaction score
I normally like his video's but this was hard to watch.
Completely agree. Bit of a quirky gy... but really!? "How do we start it? I guess we have to turn the key." We get it you don't like it.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
Interesting.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:12 AM
Reaction score
Since purchasing my 2020 110 Defender I have watched all of SImon's videos and found them to be incredibly helpful in understanding the vehicle and all the possible customization and improvements available, much of what he creates and improves on. I have ordered many accessories from him for my Defender and found he could get me original Land Rover parts and accessories faster than Land Rover could. His customer service is second to none. I can only hope he embraces the Grenadier so that all of us will benefit from his deep dives into the Grenadier and all the great things he will bring forward. He is purpose oriented, which is perfect for the purpose built Grenadier. He gives you the confidence that you can work on it yourself. Go Simon!

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I also have bought loads of stuff from Simon and found the team there very helpful. I hope he does a set of wind / rain deflectors for the grenny doors, love them on my disco 4.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I also have bought loads of stuff from Simon and found the team there very helpful. I hope he does a set of wind / rain deflectors for the grenny doors, love them on my disco 4.
Yes we would be up for a set of those also especially if tinted

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
Poor Simon.

Ineos, I believe and from my observations have and want to control the videos and still pictures that are marketing the Gren...it was the case I believe when the Journos hit Scotland...they want to see the cars presented a certain way and now are saying that they want to see the owners sharing their images and stories on social media which is the best ever marketing device...straight from the horse's mouth...you may think that the negatives will hinder that thinking...well no, as long as you are being talked about...and if you are not, then there is something wrong...the positives are clear winners and that is why we are here on this forum, for that matter even have a forum...if the product was not what we thought Stu would not have taken the punt...the negs usually fall by the way...Simon now needs to find owners to hear and tell their stories or ring up Lewis Hamilton and invite him around for a cuppa tea and a chat about the Gren...Lewis would jump at the opportunity...I can hear Simon on the phone with Sir's PA "Hello is Lewy there please"...happy waiting in oz:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom