The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos New Video form Powerful UK on youtube

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:49 PM
Reaction score
Thinly veiled hate for the Gren. Like when he turned on the ignition and said, hopefully all the warning light go off. Has he ever driven a car before? lol.
Yeah he's always hated it, propper LR fanboy

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
Thinly veiled hate for the Gren. Like when he turned on the ignition and said, hopefully all the warning light go off. Has he ever driven a car before? lol.
“Thinly veiled?” Seems a bit more overt than that. And I’m ok with him expressing his opinion. But for the love of God - get a hat that fits.

I was not impressed with the fit of the leather on those rear seats. Seemed a bit loose.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think you're missing his sense of humour. He would have said the same thing if he was in a Defender.

I wouldn't describe him as an LR fan boy either. At times, he's been a right thorn in JLR's side with some of his videos.

Let's not forget his video picking up a brand new Defender and the engine warning light came on on the drive home. LR techs looked at it and didn't find an issue, he dug around in his workshop and found some melted plastic clips that shouldn't have been there.

He does some excellent videos pulling the cars apart and praising what he thinks is good, and criticising what he feels isn't.

I can only hope he gets into the Grenadier aftermarket. He has some excellent solutions, is agile in his design and manufacturing and seems to have good ethics with regard to aftersales support and warranty.

As to the video, yes, he got several facts wrong; but it wasn't really about that for me. Many of the points he made have been made by people in this forum.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
I think you're missing his sense of humour. He would have said the same thing if he was in a Defender.

I wouldn't describe him as an LR fan boy either. At times, he's been a right thorn in JLR's side with some of his videos.

Let's not forget his video picking up a brand new Defender and the engine warning light came on on the drive home. LR techs looked at it and didn't find an issue, he dug around in his workshop and found some melted plastic clips that shouldn't have been there.

He does some excellent videos pulling the cars apart and praising what he thinks is good, and criticising what he feels isn't.

I can only hope he gets into the Grenadier aftermarket. He has some excellent solutions, is agile in his design and manufacturing and seems to have good ethics with regard to aftersales support and warranty.

As to the video, yes, he got several facts wrong; but it wasn't really about that for me. Many of the points he made have been made by people in this forum.
and he sort of goes partly to the central core of comparing the new defender and the Grenadier - answering the question we all must:

how much of modern driving (creature comforts, lower weights, driving performance, fuel efficiency) levels are you prepared to forgo to enable greater levels of off road ability

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think those of us who have Grenadiers on order are already fanboy/girl enough that a negative review is of no importance.
After all , if there is anything seriously wrong it will be covered under warranty.
And all the quirks are just...features.
Now what did he say in the vid?
I can't be arsed watching all these reviews, except Ingemar's.

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Every car I see him give his opinion on he highlights the good and the bad. Having driven the IG last year sometime, and as I wait patiently for the call, I can’t get enough of these reviews. Simon is a good egg by all accounts

Basically, the car isn’t perfect. As a LR driver, I’ve grown accustomed to that …… it’s almost a comfortable state of being 😅

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I mentioned I usually like his videos because he is quirky and doesn't beat around the bush.
Plus he obviously isn't a typical TV star.
Unusual voice
Eyes all over the place
jumping from point to point and back again

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
I didn’t understand it as a negative review at all. In deed it felt very neutral to me. Let’s not forget that we “live” in the Grenadier bubble since some time and most of us are more or less desperately waiting to get their hands on their own car. So this forum might rather be a biotope of Grenadier fan boys than any other place.
reports like this are good to level out my own point of view.
And anyway. The Grenadier is better! 😀

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did note the really loose and out of shape rear leather seats - this seems to be a recuring theme for some owners, which is odd for such a high quality product as Recaro.

I wonder if the leather is being stretched by folding the rear seat down?

Screenshot 2023-05-14 212240.png

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did note the really loose and out of shape rear leather seats - this seems to be a recuring theme for some owners, which is odd for such a high quality product as Recaro.
Recaro do make some exceedingly good and expensive seats; but that's different from saying every seat they sell is to that same standard (or price).

Reactions: PBD

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Recaro do make some exceedingly good and expensive seats; but that's different from saying every seat they sell is to that same standard (or price).
Agree but "Recaro" is stitched on seat and INEOS have made a bit of a "song & dance" about the Grenadiers seating

When I first watched the video I thought the owner had placed a cover over the rear seats - the leather looks so loose and ill shaped.

Maybe plenty of water and a hot hair dyer may tighten it all up!

Reactions: PBD

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agree but "Recaro" is stitched on seat and INEOS have made a bit of a "song & dance" about the Grenadiers seating

When I first watched the video I thought the owner had placed a cover over the rear seats - the leather looks so loose and ill shaped.

Maybe plenty of water and a hot hair dyer may tighten it all up!
recaro are one of then best seat makers in the business.
However they have made them maybe we should just accept it.
Or feel free to tell them you know more about making car seats than they do.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
I honestly thought they were the Ineos seat covers when I first saw them. The slow realisation they were the full leather trim had me sinking again thinking, where is this amazing build quality the I keep hearing about as it’s not very evident there.

I wouldn’t have accepted them

I really like Simon, and think he speaks a lot of sense and is pretty fair with his overviews. He is a little chaotic though on where he takes the conversation but that’s part of the charm and I personally hope he does start doing accessories and upgrades for the IG.

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought Recaro only made front seats 🤔

Maybe they need a bit more practice with this 2nd row SKU 😉

Back
Top Bottom