The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New Software installed. And still issues

Brendang

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:33 AM
Reaction score
Ok so have had the new software installed. Will be good to compare benefits and pitfalls with other users.

So far the following is not fixed:
1.) Mapping and compass issues - CarPlay map still freezes, and the compass issues are still there until you drop below 30km/h
2.) Noticed the entire off-road page is now missing when you go into off-road mode. No indicators of wheel torque etc.

Good:
1.) No warning transmission errors
2.) So far no warnings re seatbelts when people are not in the seats
3.) ESC assist button works now after pushing for 5 sec. Previously could not disable ESC.
4.) Front and rear diff lock buttons now seem to work. Particularly to disengage

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
ESC Assist?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
Any notable improvements to the climate control? In summer (UK summer, don't laugh) the AC was not brilliant and now in Autumn the heater is almost non-existent. Driving on a chilly morning is a throwback to an an air cooled Volkswagen!

Brendang

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Im in Africa and the AC works fine. As long as you give it some time to run.
Heater is a bit slow to work though.
Haven’t noticed any improvement yet. Will let you know.

Brendang

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY SO F$&$ed off!!

Just been out to test diff lock etc. And guess what. Diff lock errors after this software update everywhere. I’m losing my patience now with Ineos.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think the people who did your update did not reflash all of the ECU's. My agent checked all pages and all functions before releasing the vehicle after its update. I firmly believe it's an agent issue not an Ineos issue!

EDIT: To say I would be extremely pissed off too.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Waiting for an update and then having issues like that would drive me crazy. I need this car to work properly and not give intermittent errors when it feels like doing so - or wife will be on my case and the vehicle will be gone.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Waiting for an update and then having issues like that would drive me crazy. I need this car to work properly and not give intermittent errors when it feels like doing so - or wife will be on my case and the vehicle will be gone.
Just ensure - they complete ALL the updates and you will be good.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
Any notable improvements to the climate control? In summer (UK summer, don't laugh) the AC was not brilliant and now in Autumn the heater is almost non-existent. Driving on a chilly morning is a throwback to an an air cooled Volkswagen!
My heating is excellent , but I have reported the a/c as not working . It had been ok. More for them to look at this week when it goes for 3 days of software etc etc etc

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Definitely seem to be having a CarPlay issue since the update. Lots of freezing.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine had his software update on Thursday, But as far as I can see, it's not complete. The deactivation of the second front airbag is still grey and not selectable.
Also my ODO is still on the same place, As other people mentioned that it had swapped places.
Version of the software is 1946 now

For the rest there are no annoying warnings anymore. But, as far as I see. That's it. The rest is functioning as before. No changes.

Another odd thing, as the Grenadier is parked in my warehouse, and I was at work there. I could hear a random "ping" a few times. Never heard this before, and I think it come's from the car. But the car was parked and locked there from the day before.

Last edited:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY SO F$&$ed off!!

Just been out to test diff lock etc. And guess what. Diff lock errors after this software update everywhere. I’m losing my patience now with Ineos.
What are the errors?

I tested mine today, they seem to be working fine, they engaged instantly and disengaged instantly too. The warning lights stayed on however until I turned a corner. This could be an issue as engaging the lockers disables HDC, so if you used the lockers to climb a hill and then wanted HDC on the way down the other side it might not be available. Even though the lockers disengage quickly, if the computer thinks they are still engaged HDC wont be available. Its a daft system IMO.

Back
Top Bottom