The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New Ineos Video (expedition 1.0)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
Cars seem to drive fine.
Not like something you cannot start handing over, no?
Theoretically. But would you want a software or other quality issue in the first days of ownership? Maybe if you live a few streets away from the agent.
My agent is 2.5 hours distant!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
Theoretically. But would you want a software or other quality issue in the first days of ownership? Maybe if you live a few streets away from the agent.
My agent is 2.5 hours distant!
Interesting they are soon to be delivering cars but have nothing on their website about Ineos

1678918386206.png
1678918408289.png

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great video. Interesting to note at 2:33 that the light bar was not switched with high beam.
It will be in Australia as we are allowed to use the light bar on public roads, only if it switches with high beam.
I believe in many countries (UK???) you can only use them offroad, so no need to switch with high beam
I noticed the same with the auxiliary lights in the grill

Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
It will be in Australia as we are allowed to use the light bar on public roads, only if it switches with high beam.
I believe in many countries (UK???) you can only use them offroad, so no need to switch with high beam
I noticed the same with the auxiliary lights in the grill
Also noticed orange side marker lights at from but not indicator(flasher)lamps what's that all about on prototypes they were blanked off with duct tape as were the rear.Side mark.jpg

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Also noticed orange side marker lights at from but not indicator(flasher)lamps what's that all about on prototypes they were blanked off with duct tape as were the rear.View attachment 7806209
Some countries require "clearance lights" if the vehicle is more than 2 metres wide, or here it is 2.2 metres wide.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Word of mouth is the best marketing. Get your customers their grenadiers ineos. We need to hear about the vehicle from them.
I understand what you mean but word of mouth is definitely not the best form of marketing.
People tend to repeat negatives significantly more than positives.
negative emails and reviews on websites are common, usually biased or incorrect, and often repeated by people not even involved.
You rarely see one that says " it was a great experience, nothing went wrong, everything was perfect."

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
I understand what you mean but word of mouth is definitely not the best form of marketing.
People tend to repeat negatives significantly more than positives.
negative emails and reviews on websites are common, usually biased or incorrect, and often repeated by people not even involved.
You rarely see one that says " it was a great experience, nothing went wrong, everything was perfect."
I dunno. That's not been my experience, but I'm picky about who's opinion I would trust. I just don't understand the media blitz by a company for a product that's not supposed to have mass market appeal.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
WTAF is she doing ON HER PHONE??? Judging by her hand position she's not taking a video. So is driving axle-deep through a frozen lake in the Scottish wilderness just that BORING for her?
"It's OK I suppose mum anyway how's the cat?"

Pessimal

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
WTAF is she doing ON HER PHONE??? Judging by her hand position she's not taking a video. So is driving axle-deep through a frozen lake in the Scottish wilderness just that BORING for her?
View attachment 7806216
Maybe she just got a text that her whole family died in a plane crash. Or maybe not, I sure as hell can't tell ... And neither can you. Guys, I know there's no news about deliveries but really?
As the young people say (or probably used to say by now): Touch some grass

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7806216
I think I recognise the face and as it looks to be the lead vehicle in the video…sort of confirms my guess. My guess is IA’s Global Head of Public Relations, Ms Sarah Pelling (Automotive News Europe winner of the 2021 Rising Stars awards for Communications).

At the time busy getting a status on the software update I’m sure :)

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
I think I recognise the face and as it looks to be the lead vehicle in the video…sort of confirms my guess. My guess is IA’s Global Head of Public Relations, Ms Sarah Pelling (Automotive News Europe winner of the 2021 Rising Stars awards for Communications). At the time busy getting a status on the software update I’m sure :)
Or she just writes a message to quality control „shit, water comes in everywhere! Diff locks do not work properly. And there’s a yellow light signaling that something with the exhaust system doesn’t run smooth. Beside that everything is fine! The journalists from overseas are eating out of my hands. The UK ones are a little difficult. Bastards!“

Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
Or she just writes a message to quality control „shit, water comes in everywhere! Diff locks do not work properly. And there’s a yellow light signaling that something with the exhaust system doesn’t run smooth. Beside that everything is fine! The journalists from overseas are eating out of my hands. The UK ones are a little difficult. Bastards!“
She's on the Defender configurator canceling her order.

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
There is one thing I don't understand about INEOS communication.

Sir Jim had a crazy idea with friends. Throughout the development period, excellent information material was provided to interested parties and enthusiasts.
They achieved that a special, loyal Grenadier community was formed worldwide.
Surely it would be wiser for IA to openly state where the challenges and problems are and communicate them with honesty. With zero communication, rumours
and insecurities are created, which I believe will hurt IA.

All those who are with us and have ordered can handle the truth.

It is nice to see an attractive promotional film again, but it would be beneficial for everyone to receive an "honest" interim report or at least an official sign of life from IA.

:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom