The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS NA Q&A sessions with Greg Clark

bmore_burnsy

Reservation Holder
Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
Not much new here. No current plans for auxiliary gas tank. European delivery but not at launch. Otherwise, tune in again in Q2.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe it had been confirmed somewhere else, but I learned that the US will get the shorter steel bumper. So that's a win.

Other than that, it seemed like 20min of stand by to stand by.
Agreed and agreed.

Some highlights:

NO soft-top or SWB in the works - elec. for 2026 is goal / Hydrogen is also in works and infrastructure will play key role
No plans for ext. fuel tank. (not in plans as of now, maybe a future feasibility study)
RAI not snorkel
From back of back seat back (when lifted up) to door is 5'10"
All metric fasteners
They're happy with the BMW shifter - no plans to change
No white rims as of now (someone asked I guess)
PPF - not from factory, but dealers might be able to help
Steel bumper on all trims and shorter than the EU/UK
Still saying Q2 for final NA specs, pricing and order banks/process, and announcing dealers
Shoutouts - are you people here?
* Keith from Cali question about RAI in carwash - says it's securely fastened, should be OK
* Garry (VA) and Pierre (Can) about Euro delivery - more interest than they expected, will hopefully set something up, but not at launch, maybe 12-18 months
* Bill from Tn - question about service manual - says will be fully available at launch

Last edited:

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
I thought it was helpful and learned some new items. Krabby: nice summary.

People complain about no communication.....this is what communication will be like while waiting for final dates/prices when IA is not ready to share.

Some good tidbits and more info later. I am more than ok with this and it is much better than silence.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
Agreed and agreed.

Some highlights:

NO soft-top or SWB in the works - elec. for 2026 is goal / Hydrogen is also in works and infrastructure will play key role
A little bit disappointing no SWB
No plans for ext. fuel tank. (not in plans as of now, maybe a future feasibility study)
They have always said they would leave this for aftermarket so no surprise
RAI not snorkel
Known for long time
From back of back seat back (when lifted up) to door is 5'10"
All metric fasteners
Surely nobody really thought they would change to Imperial threads for the US market. That would be a huge engineering and supply cost for no gain.
They're happy with the BMW shifter - no plans to change
No white rims as of now (someone asked I guess)
PPF - not from factory, but dealers might be able to help
It is best applied after the paint has cured for a while so definitely not something you want done at the factory
Steel bumper on all trims and shorter than the EU/UK
Same as Australian spec bumper so 40mm shorter than plastic, also allows flip up number plate for winch, instead of that silly removable section
Still saying Q2 for final NA specs, pricing and order banks/process, and announcing dealers
Q2 starts on 1st April and ends on 30th June so could be a 3.5 month wait for update
Shoutouts - are you people here?
Keith from Cali question about RAI in carwash - says it's securely fastened, should be OK
Garry (VA) and Pierre (Can) about Euro delivery - more interest than they expected, will hopefully set something up, but not at launch, maybe 12-18 months
Bill from Tn - question about service manual - says will be fully available at launch

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yea, the metric thing seemed not only like a stupid ask, but even odder that they chose that question - surely out of thousands - to answer.

And yes, we've known some of those things, but I figured I'd jot stuff down for newcomers. I left out the daft question of does it have a full-size spare. Duh.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yea, the metric thing seemed not only like a stupid ask, but even odder that they chose that question - surely out of thousands - to answer.

And yes, we've known some of those things, but I figured I'd jot stuff down for newcomers. I left out the daft question of does it have a full-size spare. Duh.
Yes it is good to have the information all in one place.
One thing we have learned on this forum over the last year or so is that someone will ask those exact questions on here tomorrow.
And the day after

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Euro delivery is a wonderful idea for this vehicle. I had a great experience with my BMW. Saved enough money on the deal to pay for the trip. Had my vin memorized by the time I was done tracking it across the Atlantic.
So it was cheaper to get your BMW in Europe and ship it here on your own than to buy the car at a dealership here?!

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
So it was cheaper to get your BMW in Europe and ship it here on your own than to buy the car at a dealership here?!
Yes. It was thousands cheaper to arrange for a Euro delivery purchased through the agent everyone recommended online. Ironically, that agent worked at the closest BMW dealership to where I lived, so it was easy to compare the pricing for the vehicle through the dealership as opposed to the pricing that was offered for Euro delivery. The cost of importing the vehicle was no different than the markup that the dealer offered on their other BMWs they had to import. The dealer doesn't have to worry about the vehicle just sitting on their lot waiting to sell either. Bmw allowed you to pick up the car in Regensburg, drive for however long you wanted (I spent a week or two driving through the alps and visiting friends in Germany) before dropping off at one of their shipping centers across Europe.

Traffic

Reservation Holder
Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score

Maybe not. I've run into a few vehicles with both SAE and metric fasteners, due in part to global OEM and aftermarket components. Some parts on the Grenadier are form US suppliers. A lot of jeep guys carry metric and SAE. Sounds like a pain in the . . .

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe not. I've run into a few vehicles with both SAE and metric fasteners, due in part to global OEM and aftermarket components. Some parts on the Grenadier are form US suppliers. A lot of jeep guys carry metric and SAE. Sounds like a pain in the . . .
Yes
Imagine if you just changed to metric like the rest of the civilized world

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
All American diy'ers have sae and metric tools. The only thing that will happen if everything is metric is that we'll lose twice as many 10mm sockets.

Back
Top Bottom