The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS NA Q&A sessions with Greg Clark

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:20 PM
Reaction score
I'll be the badguy. This video was useless as tits on a mule. 20 minutes, didn't say a damned thing. Pricing information has been bumped so many times - from late 2022 to Q1 23 to Q2 23. I'm assuming we'll get another useless video on 30 June (last day of Q2), announcing that pricing is being delayed again.

My enthusiasm is waning. You know we're gonna get effed on the price.

ryket

Reservation Holder
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
I'm not really concerned about the lack of pricing info. If the car is priced right, that's great. If not, I don't have to buy it and I get to save tens of thousands of dollars.

The delays are a pain but look on the bright side - the longer we wait, the longer Ineos has to fix and improve all the teething problems that early adopters in the UK/EU/AU are going to experience.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I'll be the badguy. This video was useless as tits on a mule. 20 minutes, didn't say a damned thing. Pricing information has been bumped so many times - from late 2022 to Q1 23 to Q2 23. I'm assuming we'll get another useless video on 30 June (last day of Q2), announcing that pricing is being delayed again.

My enthusiasm is waning. You know we're gonna get effed on the price.
I think it’s time for a poll….

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I think it’s time for a poll….

bmore_burnsy

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
New video with Greg Clark re NA pricing and ordering has been posted on YouTube. Highlights:
  • Launch specs, pricing, sales and service coverage will be announced during the week of May 15
  • Ineos will open pre-order books to reservation holders during the last week of May; pre-order books will be open for 4 weeks
  • During that 4-week window, pre-order configurations can be changed as many times as you want
  • Ineos will prioritize pre-orders in the order that reservations were placed (i.e., day one reservation holder will get priority over day 2 reservation holder, regardless of when each pre-order is placed during the 4-week window)
  • After pre-order window closes, Ineos will prioritize all pre-orders per above, then inform each pre-order holder of his/her expected vehicle build timeline
  • No additional down payment when converting reservation to pre-order
www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8-Jz6VhQ7o
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8-Jz6VhQ7o

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score

Here’s the latest Q&A video from Greg Clarke.

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Well if there is any extra money needed now, or if preordering turns the deposit into a nonrefundable one, I'm not ordering until they can get a model down in the Atlanta area NOT during an entire state's holiday break. Need to feel it and see it in the flesh.

Last edited:

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
WHEN (not if) IA accidentally goes live, even momentarily, with the NA website early while testing it, I sincerely hope they have $xx,xxx pricing instead of doing something stupid like just putting a $ in front of AUS of UK prices or some arbitrary $33,333 nonsense as placeholders. Everyone is nervous and anxious about pricing and as we've seen from the poll, nothing will really surprise us. Getting close.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
What is "RAI not snorkel" mean?
Raised Air Intake. A snorkel has to be waterproof. The raised air intake is just to let the engine „breath“ cleaner air from a higher level.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks IA for the update and some more specifics. I’m sure it will be very well received.

Now the last remark from Greg Clark “Delivering your Grenadier towards the end of the year…”

That’s a tag line.

Traffic

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
New video with Greg Clark re NA pricing and ordering has been posted on YouTube. Highlights:
  • Launch specs, pricing, sales and service coverage will be announced during the week of May 15
  • Ineos will open pre-order books to reservation holders during the last week of May; pre-order books will be open for 4 weeks
  • During that 4-week window, pre-order configurations can be changed as many times as you want
  • Ineos will prioritize pre-orders in the order that reservations were placed (i.e., day one reservation holder will get priority over day 2 reservation holder, regardless of when each pre-order is placed during the 4-week window)
  • After pre-order window closes, Ineos will prioritize all pre-orders per above, then inform each pre-order holder of his/her expected vehicle build timeline
  • No additional down payment when converting reservation to pre-order
www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8-Jz6VhQ7o
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8-Jz6VhQ7o

Thanks for the summary. At first blush it sounds pretty good. Interesting though that they're calling it a "pre-order" and not requiring any additional payment. No contract, no consideration, no final order means Ineos has no real obligation. Seems like they've learned from their contract issues in Europe. Maybe one day a "pre-order" will become a real order.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:20 PM
Reaction score
I wish there was an additional deposit as those without a firm commitment would drop out in front of me in the line.

For better or worse, this will give IG dealers the opportunity to add mark ups to the trucks when a reservation order does not take deliver. So plan on some people getting Grenadiers ahead of original reservation holders. This is what happened with the Bronco.

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
I wish there was an additional deposit as those without a firm commitment would drop out in front of me in the line.

For better or worse, this will give IG dealers the opportunity to add mark ups to the trucks when a reservation order does not take deliver. So plan on some people getting Grenadiers ahead of original reservation holders. This is what happened with the Bronco.
It's a possibility for sure, although I'm choosing to believe IG has diligently partnered with with dealers that have committed to not doing that. The flip side is new owners that will immediately list them for sale with a similar markup.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's a possibility for sure, although I'm choosing to believe IG has diligently partnered with with dealers that have committed to not doing that. The flip side is new owners that will immediately list them for sale with a similar markup.

We have heard that they will honor MSRP for reservation holders (Ford did this also). Ineos has been careful in the way the talk about this to say this if for reservation holders before people start ordering directly from dealers.

My point is there will be some trucks that reservation holders decline to take delivery. At this point, the dealers can charge whatever they want. Very, very likely some of these will be sold with additional mark-up. Same with the next wave of sales outside of this initial reservation process.

Back
Top Bottom