The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS NA Q&A sessions with Greg Clark

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for the summary. At first blush it sounds pretty good. Interesting though that they're calling it a "pre-order" and not requiring any additional payment. No contract, no consideration, no final order means Ineos has no real obligation. Seems like they've learned from their contract issues in Europe. Maybe one day a "pre-order" will become a real order.
If I'm honest, I would say that IA really cannot ask for a proper deposit, as opposed to making that decision based on what's transpiring in other markets. I say this because in the end, we will not be purchasing our trucks from Ineos, but rather a franchise dealership representing them. The direct sales issue has been discussed at length in several threads, but in the end IA have decided to not pursue direct sales in NA, even though in some states they legally can. Thus, if there was say a first payment of $5,000 (similar to other markets), it would have to involve dealers, which in turn would lock the buyer to that specific dealer.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
The guy looks tired. Lots going on probably.

painter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks much @Krabby, @bmore_burnsy and others for the highlights.

I just received the email for the 4/23 video update with the teaser, "Greg covers two big topics ....NA pricing ..." Yeah right, sounds like a set up. Instead I come here and get the goods, fast and straight. (y)

The stated plan for pre orders re duration and sequencing sounds proper and is welcome news.

Local time
Reaction score
I bought two Volvo wagons European delivery. Price, including shipping back and insurance+registration while in Europe and an included air ticket to Sweden it was ~ 10% less expensive than buying from a US dealer in the US. I wonder with the much stricter carbon emission regulations in Europe if some cites or regions are no-go zones for a US spec vehicle.

Here's a link to the Volvo european delivery site, and the program still is as described above or a bit better:

Back
Top Bottom