The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
Owl Vans makes a great looking wheel. I will most likely be going with them.

Hehe, zing! Someone found my wheel of choice. Agressive offset vs Black Rhino or Method, so just do the math to make sure it'll fit for you.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
To throw unsolicited opinion into the mix, unless something else hits the market between now and then, I think I'll be following a personal trend; my previous 4Runner, and its replacement, a Tundra, ran the same wheels(Level8 MK6, coincidentally also what my GF's Tacoma has)... My Sprinter has Method 702's, and I'm confident the Grenadier will as well.
MR702-wheel-6lug-matte-black-17x8-5-1000_1000x1000.jpg

Being 17x7.5 ET50, they aren't as aggressive as the Owl Vans wheels, but should compliment the Grenadier well with a set of 255/80 Wildpeak A/T3Ws. The "pizza cutters" have been my go to tire style/choice since the 4Runner, with excellent results.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
Saw this awesome International Scout with Methods at the Reno Air Race in 2019, guy who owned it wanted to swap it for a plane.
View attachment 7801160
That's a rare sight - a scout that has not turned into a pile of rust....they look great but make similar vintage jaguars look like the pinnacle of wiring/electronics technology by compare..

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
One thing I don’t like about some of the wheels above is that the solid dish type wheels can fill with mud on the inside and its a PITA to clean it out. Same with the factory steels. I prefer spokes. I think the solid types are possibly stronger but when looking at the load ratings on the black rhino ones they were the same whether spoked or not..

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t all modern alloy wheels have the “safety bump”? My stock LR alloys do, as do my LR Wolf steelies.

So is Method just advertising it?

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I have read the sprinter wheels will work but the offset is 63 mm vs 50 ? but if you go down to a 16 in and 75 series tire there are many many wheel choices

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have read the sprinter wheels will work but the offset is 63 mm vs 50 ? but if you go down to a 16 in and 75 series tire there are many many wheel choices
Aftermarket wheels that fit sprinters will fit the grenadier (that is what everyone is running). The factory Sprinter wheels (depending on which wheel you're referencing) is between 60-64mm; aftermarket wheels vary from the upper 30s to the mid 50s

I am about 99.5% confident that 16" wheels will not clear the brakes on the Grenadier; and saying "75 series" tire doesn't really mean much as it is entirely dependent on width for overall tire diameter.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
The offset on the Grenadier buggers up the deep dish look of most wheels, this is what you want them to look like:
Method 703.JPG
But this is what they end up looking like:
Method on Gren.jpg

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
Hate that they specc'd a large postive offset and we lose the deep dish options.

In saying that, I'm thinking evo course Dakarzero or Dakarcourse might be the go for me

Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
Hate that they specc'd a large postive offset and we lose the deep dish options.

In saying that, I'm thinking evo course Dakarzero or Dakarcourse might be the go for me

Safer fitment without rubbing. :(

Back
Top Bottom