The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Logsplitter’s travels in his Grenadier.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
I thought of calling mine Psilocybe but thought that far too pretentious 😂. Liberty is far more down to earth 👍🏼😂
Our travels are finished and we are back in the UK but Liberty is at Ineos in Cape Town where they are servicing and hopefully doing any service campaign work. I imagine it is getting thoroughly checked over and computer information being pored over to check for any useful information that can be gleaned from a vehicle that in effect has been doing prototype testing but from an owners perspective.🤔
I need to get my arse in gear and update the thread. A month to go. 👍🏼

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score
I thought of calling mine Psilocybe but thought that far too pretentious 😂. Liberty is far more down to earth 👍🏼😂
Our travels are finished and we are back in the UK but Liberty is at Ineos in Cape Town where they are servicing and hopefully doing any service campaign work. I imagine it is getting thoroughly checked over and computer information being pored over to check for any useful information that can be gleaned from a vehicle that in effect has been doing prototype testing but from an owners perspective.🤔
Welcome home :)

Is the agent in Cape Town handling shipping the vehicle back to the UK? Or are you leaving it down there for an additional adventure?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score

I am sure the guys at SMG will be looking after it buddy. Ineos Automotive South Africa won’t have far to travel to look at your vehicle, as you know they are only upstairs at the dealers 😂

Well that’s been an adventure with some ups and downs, I haven’t forgotten that your friends lost their lives whilst you were out there.

Far from me to tell you what to do, but would it be worth asking IA if they are interested in your photos and footage in order to make a professionally edited mini film/documentary about the trip for posterity and advertising no doubt. Just thinking allowed.

My observations are that the IA advertising dept is the most proactive in the whole outfit.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome home :)

Is the agent in Cape Town handling shipping the vehicle back to the UK? Or are you leaving it down there for an additional adventure?
We have our own agent for shipping back to the U.K. who has arranged a container share with a guy travelling in a Landrover Defender. Not sure on our next travels but U.K. to Cape Town is one option ,as is South America and the Stan countries. Luckily we have a very flexible job but still need to so some work to afford a comfortable lifestyle.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am sure the guys at SMG will be looking after it buddy. Ineos Automotive South Africa won’t have far to travel to look at your vehicle, as you know they are only upstairs at the dealers 😂

Well that’s been an adventure with some ups and downs, I haven’t forgotten that your friends lost their lives whilst you were out there.

Far from me to tell you what to do, but would it be worth asking IA if they are interested in your photos and footage in order to make a professionally edited mini film/documentary about the trip for posterity and advertising no doubt. Just thinking allowed.

My observations are that the IA advertising dept is the most proactive in the whole outfit.
Good shout ref the photos and videos. I just need to decide who to contact of the people I know to offer what we have. If you have a contact in the advertising dept then please share.
I have been in contact with the guys upstairs at Ineos South Africa and South of the Sahara and they have been most helpful and supportive. A really great team who have been instrumental in sorting the issues we’ve had and providing ideas and tips for our travels.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:00 PM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Yes my wife’s Instagram account is called liberty.trails We called the Grenadier Liberty. She hasn’t kept up with updating it though. This has prompted her to add more content to the Instagram account. If it helps spread the word of what a great overlanding vehicle the Grenadier is, then all good
For clarity one of the reasons we call the Grenadier “Liberty” is the fact the common name for the hallucinating magic mushroom in the U.K. is the Liberty Cap. . View attachment 7852803
It looks like Liberty has shed her Sahara dust and is shining in her full glory?

Back
Top Bottom