The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

LeTech: EXCITING!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
Today, my wife an me made a trip to LeTech in Baden-Württemberg (yes, that's a difficult word, isn't it?).

It was about the color. I had called a number of agents and asked whether they have a Scottish White car on display. None had. Matzker, Scheerer and as turned out no agent in entire Germany has a Scottish white car on Display. They're all Donny Grey.

Kudos, Ineos, you are so smart! 🥳

But at LeTech I still found what I was looking for. They told me that they have a white development (!!!! 😲 !!!!) car, but were not sure whether it's exactly Scottish White as this car is an early version. But they promised to compare with the color samples they had recently received. And indeed, they called my back two hours later, and yes, it's that exact color.

Mr. Kriso, a very friendly and helpful employee of LeTech, wanted to know when we would like to come there, because they would like to clean the car and put it on display for us: It was currently in the workshop because it's a development car from Ineos (excitement rising). So I told him that I am used to work with a lathe or a mill, that I weld and do other such things and feel very comfortable in a workshop. No need to change anything for us.

So he happily replied "that's nice, so just tell us when you know when you arrive".

And today was the day. It was a 170 Km trip to them, and we arrived around 15:00 hours.

You need to know that LeTech is in fact a producer and not an agent. They are the best G-Wagen experts and make just awesome stuff! I didn't know this before and thought they only made roof racks and such. I was totally wrong about that.

See, what we saw upon arrival:

That's a G-Wagon chassis. They cut it in two parts and extend the chassis as needed:

00_20230105_143352.JPG

And this is what the results look like. This car was never produced by MB. It's a built-to-order LeTech product:

01_20230105_151331.JPG

A few views:

02_20230105_151346.JPG

Everything is simply better than from factory:

03_20230105_151323.JPG04_20230105_151406.JPG

But here comes the real art of LeTech:

06_20230105_151413.JPG07_20230105_143027.JPG

08_20230105_143036.JPG

Lift, big tires, portal axles, all LeTech engineering.

Quality has a price. And they are unique B2O cars. The blue one is around a quarter million bucks.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
What has this to do with the Grenadier?

Until today, before our visit, the project was all day hidden behind a big screen, and nobody was allowed to see it - except Sir Jim, which had visited LeTech ...

Before we went there, I asked on the telephone whether I may take my camera with me, but Mr. Kriso only said "Hm, I'm not sure ... we'll see ... ". And today, upon arrival, he said "Ok, we have decided to now show the project to the public. You may take the photographs and are allowed to show it in the Grenadier Forum".

So Mr. Kriso brought us to another building and showed us, what was hidden to the public until today.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

And so I may proudly present their result to you all which are now the very first witnesses to see the "LeTech Portal Axles Grenadier":

Here it is 🤩 🏆 (y) 😍:

09_20230105_143449.JPG10_20230105_143455.JPG10_20230105_145832.JPG11_20230105_145019.JPG

A sample to get a feeling for the height:

12_20230105_143752.JPG
12_20230105_145814.JPG

37" tires:

13_20230105_143517.JPG

The front axle, left side:

14_20230105_143556.JPG

The rear axle, right side:

15_20230105_143849.JPG

The rear axle, right side, a bit brighter:

16_20230105_144235.JPG

Front axle, left side:

17_20230105_144300.JPG

Front axle, right side:

18_20230105_144327.JPG

Real bead locks (2-parts rims):

19_20230105_144448.JPG

Before you now order this setup: It's a five figure investment, and it's not in the low five-figure range. I'm not to tell more.

LeTech will be with this Grenadier on the Abenteuer + Allrad in summer in Bad Kissingen. I will be there.

I can not thank LeTech enough for the generous openess they have granted me, as a pure enthusiast and not being a jounalist, let alone from a big magazine. It was a pleasure and an honour to me, and I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Thank you, Mr. Kriso!

The LeTech roof rack, if it is ante portas, will be my first candidate to look at, that's for sure. And they offer drawer systems and other stuff as well.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
It was a bit difficult to take the pictures in an optimal perspective and at the same time stay in compliance with what they asked me not to publish. There are parts and work in progress things which they didn't want to be seen publicly. Nothing I could comment on, because I could simply not identify all of the things. Amongst others, there was a work in progress thing, with zillions of measuring points on it. They didn't ẃant it to appear here. So I simply took care to not have it on camera.

And I havn't.

Last edited:

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Until today, before our visit, the project was all day hidden behind a big screen, and nobody was allowed to see it - except Sir Jim, which had visited LeTech ...
That's what I was blessed to be shown on the day of my test drive on 23.09.2022, but neither should talk about nor was allowed to take photos ;-)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That's what I was blessed to be shown on the day of my test drive on 23.09.2022, but neither should talk about nor was allowed to take photos ;-)
So you were the first. (y)

Hard to stay silent, I guess. Chapeau!

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It was a bit difficult to take the pictures in an optimal perspective and at the same time stay in compliance with what they asked me not to publish. There are parts and work in progress things which they didn't want to bee seen publicly. Nothing I could comment on, because I could simply not identify all of the things. Amongst others, there was a work in progress thing, with zillions of measuring points on it. They didn't ẃant it to appear here. So I simply took care to not have it on camera.

And I havn't.
The message we should take with us: If LeTech embraces the Grenadier, there can't be much wrong with it. Rather, it's the next big thing, something like a "G-Wagon 2.0".
That's at least what I took with me from my visit...

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Before we went there, I asked on the telephone whether I may take my camera with me, but Mr. Kriso only said "Hm, I'm not sure ... we'll see ... ". And today, upon arrival, he said "Ok, we have decided to now show the project to the public. You may take the photopraphs and are allowed to show it in the Grenadier Forum".

So Mr. Kriso brought us to another building and showed us, what was hidden to the public until today.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

And so I may proudly present their result to you all which are now the very first witnesses to see the "LeTech Portal Axles Grenadier":

Here it is 🤩 🏆 (y) 😍:

View attachment 7799540View attachment 7799541View attachment 7799542View attachment 7799543

A sample to get a feeling for the height:

View attachment 7799544
View attachment 7799545

37" tires:

View attachment 7799546

The front axle, left side:

View attachment 7799547

The rear axle, right side:

View attachment 7799548

The rear axle, right side, a bit brighter:

View attachment 7799549

Front axle, left side:

View attachment 7799550

Front axle, right side:

View attachment 7799551

Real bead locks (2-parts rims):

View attachment 7799552

Before you now order this setup: It's a five figure investment, and it's not in the low five-figure range. I'm not to tell more.

LeTech will be with this Grenadier on the Abenteuer + Allrad in summer in Bad Kissingen. I will be there.

I can not thank LeTech enough for the generous openeness they have granted me, as a pure enthusiast and not being a jounalist, let alone from a big magazine. It was a pleasure and an honour to me, and I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Thank you, Mr. Kriso!

The LeTech roof rack, it it is ante portas, will be my first candidate to look at, that's for sure. And they offer drawer systems and other stuff as well.

Now we talk the interesting stuff. Far more exciting than the bla bla about particular youtubers.

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today, my wife an me made a trip to LeTech in Baden-Württemberg (yes, that's a difficult word, isn't it?).

It was about the color. I had called a number of agents and asked whether they have a Scottish White car on display. None had. Matzker, Scheerer and as turned out no agent in entire Germany has a Scottish white car on Display. They're all Donny Grey.

Kudos, Ineos, you are so smart! 🥳

But at LeTech I still found what I was looking for. They told me that they have a white development (!!!! 😲 !!!!) car, but were not sure whether it's exactly Scottish White as this car is an early version. But the promised to compare with the color samples they had recently received. And indeed, they called my back two hours later, and yes, it's that exact color.

Mr. Kriso, a very friendly and helpful employee of LeTech, wanted to know when we would like to come there, because they would like to clean the car and put it on display for us: It was currently in the workshop because it's a development car from Ineos (excitement rising). So I told him that I am used to work with a lathe or a mill, that I weld and do other such things and feel very comfortable in a workshop. No need to change anything for us.

So ha happily replied "that's nice, so just tell us when you know when you arrive".

And today was the day. It was a 170 Km trip to them, and we arrived around 15:00 hours.

You need to know that LeTech is in fact a producer and not an agent. They are the best G-Wagen experts and just make awesome stuff! I didn't know this before and thought they only made roof racks and such. I was totally wrong about that.

See, what we saw upon arrival:

That's a G-Wagon chassis. They cut it in two parts and extend the chassis as needed:

View attachment 7799507

And this is what the results look like. This car was never produced by MB. It's a built-to-order LeTech product:

View attachment 7799508

A few views:

View attachment 7799509

Everything is simply better than from factory:

View attachment 7799510View attachment 7799511

But here comes the real art of LeTech:

View attachment 7799512View attachment 7799513

View attachment 7799531

Lift, big tires, portal axles, all LeTech engineering.

Quality has a price. And they are unique B2O cars. The blue one is around a quarter million bucks.
@emax What are you exactly meaning with the kudos to ineos about the colour?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Rather, it's the next big thing, something like a "G-Wagon 2.0".
That's at least what I took with me from my visit...
(y)

+1

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@emax What are you exactly meaning with the kudos to ineos about the colour?
That they send display cars all in the same color. A bit more diversity would have helped.

Matzker, for example, has (or gets) two Donny Grey cars. 🙃

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
Just to clarify something:

"LeTech" is nothing French. Its the acronym of "Lennartz Technik", and here is their website:

https://lennartz-technik.de

Looks like this company has a lot of expertise in the G wagens ,did you talk to them about their opinion and experience to work with the Grenadier ? Pluses , minuses.....?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like this company has a lot of expertise in the G wagens ,did you talk to them about their opinion and experience to work with the Grenadier ? Pluses , minuses.....?
They doubtlessly have.

No such talk. Too excited. But I heard some comments which were all positive. They think it's a great platform. And in my personal opinion, if they change to or add the Grenadier to their portfolio, they will have thought a lot about it. And the benchmark was nothing less than the G-Wagen.

Not much more to ask, I dare say.

Back
Top Bottom