The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Leaking - Multiple Areas

TxGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:41 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been using black electrical tape but the dealer recommended painters tape. With that being said, I was still having some leaking when I taped the windshield so I also taped the safari sunroofs. Haven’t had a leak since then.
Hello, I just had this issue and it happened 3 days after I picked up my vehicle (1st rain since), are you using tape because the dealer refused to fix it?

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:41 PM
Reaction score
Is there any chance this leak is from the radio antenna on top of the roof? Any updates?

TxGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yup. My rubber wasn’t touching and I have a couple drops below the forward camera box. I’m getting multiple warnings for items handled by the camera so I expect the electronics in there to be toast.
It turns out I have these gaps too, mine started leaking 3 days after I took delivery. I'll be taking it back to the dealer to deal with it. It's dripping inside from the camera enclosure behind the rear view mirror.

bradshow

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:41 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I just had this issue and it happened 3 days after I picked up my vehicle (1st rain since), are you using tape because the dealer refused to fix it?
I taped tape windscreen and the safari windows to hold me over until my dealer receives parts. I’m still not 100% sure if mine was windscreen or safari windows. I was still having leaking with the wind screen taped and haven’t had anything since I taped safari.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was still having leaking with the wind screen taped and haven’t had anything since I taped safari.
From what I'm hearing the source of the leak is 99.9% the safari windows instead of the windshield

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got a leak at passenger side footwell. Seems to be coming out of either the console or the dash near the console.

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe. Saw that earlier. I've got a left hand drive model but maybe the airbag is flipped for us. I gave this info to dealer, have appointment on tuesday to look at it. Will advise if they find something.
His is left hand drive as well, I am assuming, since he is showing USA as his location.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe. Saw that earlier. I've got a left hand drive model but maybe the airbag is flipped for us. I gave this info to dealer, have appointment on tuesday to look at it. Will advise if they find something.
The droplets under the dash is condensation from the air-con pipes I believe. Only happens (depending weather humid conditions) when it’s hot and then rapidly cooled. Happens occasionally.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
The droplets under the dash is condensation from the air-con pipes I believe. Only happens (depending weather humid conditions) when it’s hot and then rapidly cooled. Happens occasionally.
Copying the IA playbook, I have applied a temporary 'microfibre' fix for this problem on my RHD vehicle. On very humid days it doubles up as a handy moist towelette 👍

My agent advises there is a permanent fix for this but it's a two-day job to remove and refit parts of the dashboard to access the A/C pipework. I'm heading to Europe for a month in late June. My agent will take custody of my vehicle during that time and do a 12 month/15,000km first service, the software updates, this condensate fix and any other outstanding campaigns.

Attachments

• PXL_20240322_222345970.jpg
    PXL_20240322_222345970.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 21

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Copying the IA playbook, I have applied a temporary 'microfibre' fix for this problem on my RHD vehicle. On very humid days it doubles up as a handy moist towelette 👍

My agent advises there is a permanent fix for this but it's a two-day job to remove and refit parts of the dashboard to access the A/C pipework. I'm heading to Europe for a month in late June. My agent will take custody of my vehicle during that time and do a 12 month/15,000km first service, the software updates, this condensate fix and any other outstanding campaigns.
Yes that’s the area where I occasionally find water droplets. I’m gonna leave mine for now. I’m not happy for my agent dismantling the dash. Last time they dismantled the glove box area and front door panel. It rattles like hell, I’m so annoyed why the grenadier isn’t perfect in the first place.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe. Saw that earlier. I've got a left hand drive model but maybe the airbox is flipped for us. I gave this info to dealer, have appointment on tuesday to look at it. Will advise if they find something.
That was me with the same leak. I have an appointment in a few weeks to get the hitch installed and have the leak instruction looked at. If you get any info from you dealer as to the fix and cause I’d appreciate it!

m18rus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine does it in the rear load area. Over the side windows but behind the rear door rubbers is absolutely soaking after the merest rain. Think its the seam across the roof above the rear door. Hopefully photos show. Been to dealership once and no change......................................20240404_083538.jpg

TxGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I took mine to the dealer a few weeks back, they found the leak and said they fixed it. We had a lot of rain last week in TX ad It was leaking again in the same exact area. Back tot he dealer I go. I hope I don;t have a lemon vehicle situation with this leak!

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I took mine to the dealer a few weeks back, they found the leak and said they fixed it. We had a lot of rain last week in TX ad It was leaking again in the same exact area. Back tot he dealer I go. I hope I don;t have a lemon vehicle situation with this leak!
Same happened to me. 2nd time they had it 21 days and so far no leaks. Hang in there, it is worth it.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Where were you’re leaks?
Sorry for the mix up, too many leak threads. The 21 days was for a t-case leak. Apparently they fixed my Safari Window leak 1st try. They said they could not reproduce the leak but re-sealed the seals. (My guess is that the seal around drains wasn't 100% but that is just speculation.) I have been in some pretty heavy rain since and things are dry for now. Hopefully it stays that way.

Hitchedprawn

Production/Transit
Local time
6:41 AM
Reaction score
Just seen a Grenadier in service (in Europe) which suffered leaks from safari windows that has been waiting for a new roof liner and new switches for well over a month and with no idea when they will be made available…

Back
Top Bottom