The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

iPhone 14 connection stopped working, possible solution

Tony H

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:09 PM
Reaction score
Not too certain if anyone has had problems loosing their iPhone from Apple car play on the Grenadier?
Turned out to be my iPhone 14 & NOT the Grenadier.
I have found that in the last few days my Grenadier would not detect my iPhone saying on the Grenadier screen "No Phone Connected". It had its latest software update a few weeks ago, so thought the update had broken something.
After many attempts trying to switch on & off Blue tooth, Hotspot, deleting the phones profile, swearing & about to drive to my Sales Partner, I decided to have one more go at getting connectivity.
I turned my iPhone completely off , then turned he iPhone on.
Hey presto... my Grenadier detected the iPhone.
I reconnected the iPhone & got all the Apple Car Play apps, maps ETC.
Lesson learnt. It is NOT always the Grenadiers software that is at fault, sometimes its other electrical equipment that starts to play up.

Hope this helps other Grenadier Owners if they face the same problem.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:09 PM
Reaction score
Not too certain if anyone has had problems loosing their iPhone from Apple car play on the Grenadier?
Turned out to be my iPhone 14 & NOT the Grenadier.
I have found that in the last few days my Grenadier would not detect my iPhone saying on the Grenadier screen "No Phone Connected". It had its latest software update a few weeks ago, so thought the update had broken something.
After many attempts trying to switch on & off Blue tooth, Hotspot, deleting the phones profile, swearing & about to drive to my Sales Partner, I decided to have one more go at getting connectivity.
I turned my iPhone completely off , then turned he iPhone on.
Hey presto... my Grenadier detected the iPhone.
I reconnected the iPhone & got all the Apple Car Play apps, maps ETC.
Lesson learnt. It is NOT always the Grenadiers software that is at fault, sometimes its other electrical equipment that starts to play up.

Hope this helps other Grenadier Owners if they face the same problem.
It's the same with android, I often have to turn my phone on and off again to pick up wifi calling when entering the house. When I never turned my phone off I used to get apps freezing or being rejected now and again. So now I always set my phones to auto restart once a week during the night. Seems to operate much better.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
I've had an issue related, that I hadn't have thought about as a solution would be to delete and reinstall an app that's acting up. I was having my Youtube Music app dropping out while playing a song. Like, it would play for a seemingly random period from a minute to a few minutes, and then just stop, when listening on ear buds or headphones. I searched the interwebs and saw this as a potential solution, so I deleted and reinstalled and it seems to have fixed it for now.

I'll admit, I used to but don't now routinely restart my phones. It's like the old IT joke, "did you try to turn it off and on again?"

matt34

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
I had the same issue and deleting the phones and reinstalling did not work. I updated my iPhone and it works fine. Strange, it was only 1 update that I had missed on my iPhone. Works fine now.

Back
Top Bottom